Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

south park : stick of truth ...why not go a step further?

odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

hey just saw this ..its news to me and look SWEEEET! but i dont understand..why dont devs go a step further? why not a mmo? or atleast make it like swtor ..i hated swtor but i would deff enjoy this im sure lol  **i hate swtor for other reasons i will not go into** 

yah so why not make this more "mmo" like than playing it safe all the time...i love south park and ALL their games that they seem to release the consept is good..but they never go for that extra step to be a great game

would you play it....if? i voted 1&4

Comments

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Several problems:

It's being done by THQ which is not doing so well finnacially. How can they expect to fund an MMO? which are millions of dollars.

South Park would be a horrible MMO, most MMO's are horrible but what would be the point of a south park MMO? Only way I could see it working is as a F2P casual MMO where you run around and throw snow balls or something.

MMOs are horrible investments right now. No one is trying anything radically new and it seems most gamers don't want to spend 100's of hours leveling up a character just to spend 100's of more hours doing the same 5 dungeons over and over.

I'm sure there are more but those are the top reasons I can think of.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

how could you say it would be horrible?

cuz staying "inside the box" would be a bad idea?

idk imo i think theres enuff fans to support a south park mmorpg

and i was just saying it would be cool if they would go a step further...ino thq cant do it

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by odinsrath

how could you say it would be horrible?

cuz staying "inside the box" would be a bad idea?

idk imo i think theres enuff fans to support a south park mmorpg

and i was just saying it would be cool if they would go a step further...ino thq cant do it

Well you are partially right. It could be amazing, but I just highly doubt it. I personally don't think South Park is a very compelling place to explore or create a story around (at least not an MMO big type story.)

That's just my opinion. I think staying away from the MMO world is a good idea for South Park, but maybe some investors will be prove me wrong and create a compelling and fun MMO from the IP, I just don't see it happening.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

I'd think the Simpsons would make a much better MMO than South Park...Springfield seems to be alot bigger and there would be alot more characters to choose from or use.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Theres a Family Guy mmo you can play for free right now. Its probably a good indicator of what type of mmo South Park would make.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by samuraislyr4

South Park would be a horrible MMO, most MMO's are horrible but what would be the point of a south park MMO?

I just imagine getting a message: "You have been banned for not swearing in chat"

Originally posted by maplestone

South Park would be a horrible MMO, most MMO's are horrible but what would be the point of a south park MMO?

I just imagine getting a message: "You have been banned for not swearing in chat"

lol id think it would be a lil loose with the chat..sortta like how AOC is today

people are not being "enuff" open minded about this...if you seen the trailer..or even watched the series..there would be plenty of places n things to do in south park...even areas that would change / land scapes n such ..day / night like AOC ..even not totally staying in south park...going to canada / heaven and hell / candyland / enchanted forrest / even the WOW / lotr gaff

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

Southpark is the most idiotic waste of time presently available.  The show isn't funny at all, it's simply offensive and disgusting.  The writers have less talent then goldfish have hair.  They best thing that could happen to that franchise, is to put it all in a giant pile and light it on fire.

So no, I won't be playing.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by odinsrath
    Originally posted by maplestone

lol id think it would be a lil loose with the chat..sortta like how AOC is today

They could get creative with it as well.. for example, for every 200 times you swear, a raid dragon is summoned at your location.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?