Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 this year- the most ridiculously noob catered atrocious piece of garbage ever created

EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

All the shows so far have been ATROCIOUS. I'm so glad I switched to PC gaming a few years back. RIDICULOUS they can actually sell this rehashed GARBAGE and people eat it up over and over. I predict a Wii U flop. What do you guys think?

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Personally, I don't really care about the Wii U, but I am stoked for both AC3 games. Looks like I'll be paying a small fortune to import the Freedom Edition though.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Among the big three's presentation, i'm only moderately impress by microsoft's. Their xbox 360 eco system is becoming quite impressive and complicated and the coming window 8 is just opening too much possibility...much more than the Wii U imo.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

This is mmorpg.com.  What don't we consider a miserable failure?

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I think the Wii U "should" flop but enough chumps will buy it only to find the same lack of good games that the Wii had. So far the only games I'm looking forward to are AC3, Watch Dogs, and The Last of Us.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Watch Dogs was probably the only game that has peaked my interest so far. And the demo was shown on either a a PS3 or Xbox360, if we believe the reports -> http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=66217

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by SuperXero89

/thread

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I take it you didn't buy this year's hypE3?

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

lmao

QFT

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

but but but they will have nintendoland..................

/groan

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Just posting to say I like this thread's title.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by kirak2009

but but but they will have nintendoland..................

/groan

LMMFAO. so ridiculous right?

• By0b18By0b18 Member Posts: 4

Well i dont really see any mutch garbage at this E3, there few really great new game projects for E.G from Ubisoft(check for your self) then there really great sequels.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

lol so true +1

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

People think Nintendo will fail everytime and they are proven wrong every time, as long as it is cheaper then all other consoles and focusing and games for younger people parents will snatch it up first before any other consoles. 

that said i felt the nintendo conference was better then all the other, even though it was pretty much blah E3

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

Wow..was it really that bad :O (didn't see it)

Maybe we will finally get some decent improvements if a lil bit more fail is introduced!

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

It was a terrible E3 this year. If any company could be said to have "won" E3, it'd have to be Ubisoft since they have a great line-up of games, but otherwise...

Microsoft introduced SmartGlass and Internet Explorer for Xbox360!!!   /facepalm

EA talked about DLC, DLC, DLC, DLC,DLC,DLC,DLC,DLC,DLC,DLC,DLC, PLEASE COME BACK TO SWTOR, DLC,DLC,DLC.

Ubisoft showed some pretty decent footage of Assassin's Creed 3 (more footage was shown at SONY's conference), Rayman Legends looked alright, Watch Dog seemed like an interesting title to look forward to. The Host (Aisha Tyler) and Co-Host (Tobby Turner) were terrible however...or at least their script was.

SONY  didn't do anything amazing or terribly bad. Still pushing the VITA and now cross-platform. Upgraded their Playstation Plus service and introduced Playstation Mobile. A decent line-up of games (The Last Of Us, Assassin's Creed 3, Beyond) but besides that, nothing that really makes them stand out.

Nintendo was a mess. It started out really nice and professional, some interesting titles (Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, New Super Mario Bros.) and then it went downhill...and fast. They're pushing their focus even more on "Family" (if you thought it wasn't possible, guess again) and then went ahead and introduced those fitness games and horrible "NintendoLand" which is some sort of ...I don't know what it is actually...it's a mess.

• VeshiVeshi Member UncommonPosts: 32

I wont lie i came to this thread thinking it was gonna be bashing mist's of pandaria.

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

I think 5-10G(iga) sales and keeping increasing player base for 100 years or so is borderline success... Also, game does need to have good and exact fluid, particle and gas simulations at mininum. 

Hmm, gaming isn't at innovative state currently also these old gen consoles are holding things back, good thing I got my Steam backlog...

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Watch Dogs was a really big surprize and according to some of my associates who are there, 'the game that saved E3'.

The last of us looks awesome / GOTY material but everyone knew it is good. I have it on pre-order and thus have no interest in looking at more media about it.

Yeah, the press conferences wasn't that great but we are on the 'end year of the current console generation' and considering that it wasn't 'too bad'. IMO

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Ekaros

Hmm, gaming isn't at innovative state currently also these old gen consoles are holding things back.

Not even close.

A new generation always introduces crap titles to ride along with the launch and pad the stables and one or two already successful titles now on the new box to gather sales.

Innovation in gameplay doesn't need technology, unless the technology itself is innovative. The next gen's upgraded but MOTS tech and authoritarian views on rented games is NOT going to pave the way for the next generation game ideas.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

I'm sure it will do well...most of their stuff does.  It caters to a larger audience than say....PC players and the older gamers who prefer Xbox and PS3.  I would really love it if they busted out some high tech console to have great older games in HD quality....games that we loved Nintendo for. 

One thing I've noticed, and I noticed it last year....is that the E3 show just seems very "desperate" in general.  I feel they are trying way to hard to be "cool" and "with it"  The presentations are so freaking cheesy and just some of the speakers seem to be dying on stage....like a bad comic.  So much that the show is uncomfortable to watch at times......maybe its just me, not digging it.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

While this E3 wasn't the best, it is the end of this console generation and with that in mind there is some really cool stuff coming out especially those Sony exclusives and soem really good third party games like tomb raiders, splinter cell and crysis. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by channel84

Among the big three's presentation, i'm only moderately impress by microsoft's. Their xbox 360 eco system is becoming quite impressive and complicated and the coming window 8 is just opening too much possibility...much more than the Wii U imo.

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Velocinox

Originally posted by Ekaros

Hmm, gaming isn't at innovative state currently also these old gen consoles are holding things back.

Velo, just ignore that I quoted you. I scanned back the first two pages and couldn't find this post. And kind of in a hurry.

Gaming is in a very innovative state right now.

DayZ being the current big one, and no I don't care if it is a mod or not.

Minecraft

Guild Wars 2 (an actually dynamic MMO? With a day/night system? No grinding for raid items? No grinding for PvP items? Count me in)

X3 (though it isn't really new...a new X3 game is coming out with a new game however, so it kind of counts)

Planetside 2 later this year (don't know when, granted there was already a Planetside 1...but very few actually huge open world persistant fps games)

and many others. Most of them are indie games, yeah. But some big companies (like with GW2) are coming out with innovative games. Whether (some) people like them or not, doesn't really matter if the game has good, innovative features.

Most innovation definitely comes from the indie guys though. That is where the future lies, for the most part.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    I dont understand end of gen thing. They said the ps3 would still be going on in the next 2~3 years with new games etc. Are they lieing? was thinking of buying one.