Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Pandaria Rising

Comments

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    @ Valua
    Well said, the mere fact Gw2 is free, that the main fact why it won't hurt wow sub numbers. If it wasn't free person would face the challenge of picking one sub game.
    If anything Gw2 is a compliment to go along side Wow.

I would say Gw2 will try to get persons away from D3 but some of those same D3 player are also Wow players just pasting time.
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Blizz is so afraid to announce or reveal there next mmo because nothing really has caught up and they fear they will probably slay themselves, so why hurry to kill your own product.. Unless they bundle the subscription, make it like $20 a month sub for both games.

If its one thing other dev grudge blizz for its there fan base.. the fans let it seem like every game they release is godly, with crazy sales numbers..
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

I dont care if any new MMO dethrones WoW or not...as long as they are fun and dont feel like a god damn job like WoW does.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

*Crickets*

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• sithangel1sithangel1 Member UncommonPosts: 4

I doubt that anyone will knock Blizzard of the MMO throne any time soon, but MOP is the biggest crock they have ever put out. Kung Fu Panda and Pokemon?!?! C'mon they are trying to addict every age group because they know this expansion like Cata is hot garbage.

• LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by jtcgs

I dont care if any new MMO dethrones WoW or not...as long as they are fun and dont feel like a god damn job like WoW does.

Half of the MMO playerbase think games aren't games unless they feel like a job.  So long as developers attempt to appeal to both groups, this problem wont -- can't -- go away.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

...very serious group of contenders in 2006...toughest challenge yet from Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2007...toughest challenge yet from Lord of the Rings Online.
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2008...toughest challenge yet from Age of Conan
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2008...toughest challenge yet from Warhammer Online
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2009...toughest challenge yet from Darkfall
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2009...toughest challenge yet from Champions Online
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2009...toughest challenge yet from Aion
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2010...toughest challenge yet from Star Trek Online
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2011...toughest challenge yet from DC Universe Online
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2011...toughest challenge yet from Rift
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2011...toughest challenge yet from Star Wars: The Old Republic
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2012...toughest challenge yet from TERA
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2012...toughest challenge yet from Guild Wars 2

...you may be right.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360

no1 reigns forever centhan....

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Skuall

no1 reigns forever centhan....

He's got a bit of a valid point there, though...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

I can't imagine returning to WOW again.  This will be the first expansion I won't buy on release.  I think they've run the well dry at this point.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I've bought every other WoW xpac but I'm really not interested in this one at all.  I can't imagine grinding for purples for another year just to stand around town and queue endlessly.  It's not just WoW that's dead for me, it's the type of game in general.  Exploration isn't necessary in WoW anymore.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Centhan

...very serious group of contenders in 2008...toughest challenge yet from Warhammer Online

...very serious group of contenders in 2011...toughest challenge yet from Star Wars: The Old Republic

...very serious group of contenders in 2012...toughest challenge yet from Guild Wars 2

...you may be right.

These were the only 3 that were ever a serious threat

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by teakbois

...you may be right.

These were the only 3 that were ever a serious threat

And one of them isn't out yet..

What he's missing is, WoW isn't being 'dethroned' by any one game. But it has been losing interest gradually over the years, and everytime a hot new game comes out it perpetuates that even more. WoW was never (and is not) going to be killed by the launch of a new game. Not only does Blizzard have too loyal a fanbase for that, but people have too much invested in the game now. Hell, if D3 can be the best selling game of all time, with how many issues it has, it's no surprise that a game made well (and WoW is a well made game, like it or hate it) can hold the #1 seat for so long.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by RudyRaccoon

Nah, I honestly believe this expansion is the worst, worse than Cataclysm and could spell the end for WoW already. The pet battles thing is a really bad idea, this is not Pokemon you know. The pandas are probably the worst idea in terms of pvp because it's just going to be pandas vs pandas now everywhere now, it's stupid. Pandas are just not cool.

There we go!

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by palulalula

Yes i know what can take down wow from throne--New mmo from Blizzard

I doubt even Blizzard can take down their own World of Warcraft phenomenon with their new Titan mmorpg.

People will rave for Titan, then come back to old faithful once again since they got to much time investment in WoW.

Blizzards next MMO will only be #1 for s short time, then WoW will regain it's #1 spot from its new sibling.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

...very serious group of contenders in 2006...toughest challenge yet from Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2007...toughest challenge yet from Lord of the Rings Online.
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2008...toughest challenge yet from Age of Conan
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2009...toughest challenge yet from Darkfall
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2009...toughest challenge yet from Champions Online
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2009...toughest challenge yet from Aion
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2010...toughest challenge yet from Star Trek Online
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2011...toughest challenge yet from DC Universe Online
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2011...toughest challenge yet from Rift
    ...very serious group of contenders in 2012...toughest challenge yet from TERA

...you may be right.

LOL..it's so true. So many times I have heard  the "WoW killer" cry on these forums only to have WoW steam roll the competition time and time again.

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598

WoW isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but...

pokeMoP isn't very exciting, Pandaria seems to be even more fisher price than kung-fu panda somehow.  I really hope they get the rest right.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Blizzard is doing what it does best.  Copying other features from MMO's and improving on it.

In MoP, they will copy:

• Area-looting (copied swtor)
    • 3-faction (DAoC, Warhammer, GW2, etc.)
    • Challenge Modes (forgot which MMO had it first, but i know one of them did)
    • etc..
    I guess if you consider Pokemon battles innovative, then Blizzard finally added something "evolutionary".  This will be their worst expansion ever, even doing worse than Cata.
  • tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    Originally posted by Eir_S

I've bought every other WoW xpac but I'm really not interested in this one at all.  I can't imagine grinding for purples for another year just to stand around town and queue endlessly.  It's not just WoW that's dead for me, it's the type of game in general.  Exploration isn't necessary in WoW anymore.

hmm, i recall back at vanilla times,despice the fact i was spending loads of times in bg's after the ranks ,i was almost every day in various locations,trying to find ingridients,some flowers that were growing in a forest that were useable as secondary healing potions for bg's ,many times i partied up with a guiltie farming elite mobs for rare epiq drops that even after 2 years on that toon that drop could be actually better than the one i had on that toon... All in all back then  u had proftis moving in the map. Also encountering players of the other faction and pvp in the wilds with them actually meant something,i recall there were actually loads of vendettas in my server ,huge fights on the forums for them (the server i was was rp-pvp) and even pvp outdoors back then meant something. At least before blizzard opens the door of crossed battlegrounds which it may reduced the queqe times for bg's but it killed the spirit of the whithin realm pvp.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by aktalat

I've never really enjoyed WoW being more an SWG player. With what I've seen of SW:TOR (cry) and TSW (I was in beta weekend) and Guild Wars 2, my expectation for Mists of Pandaria are simple:

World of Warcraft with it's Mists of Pandaria expansion will be the supreme MMO game for at least the next decade if not longer.

Simply put all the competition out there is so unoriginal and lacking, it's looking more and more like WoW is here for a long, long time. SW:TOR is depressing, Guild Wars 2 has fun features (much like Rift has some fun features) but I just can't see it beating World of Warcraft. Again I don't even play WoW but everything else out there is taking years and years to develop and just sucks. The only original game I've seen in the last couple of years is Minecraft, and that's not even an MMO.

Congrats to Blizzard and World of Warcraft, your 'competition' is so lackluster you are going to stay the dominant game for years and years to come. Kudos!

I certainly don't think either will take out WoW, but frankly TSW and GW2 both appear to be pretty different compared to the norm to me. I believe both of those games will do quite nicely in their own right. Well...assuming Funcom isn't pulling another AOC and TSW ends up being  an absolute mess further into the game. I wouldn't say either of those games is even remotely lackluster. Hard to gauge how well they will do though since we haven't seen the whole game yet of either. TSW will probably be niche with a steady retention if they are good with updates and don't fuck up the launch. GW2 is going to be a juggernaut. Whether people like it or not.

Both TSW and GW2 will have no real longevity /Depth and generate little or no community and as such they will be 3 month have a look games work through the content and throw away.

Until people developing MMOs realise that for games to form real communities you do not need to automate 90% of Gameplay elements out of the game....

Guilds do noty make a community and investment in a game world they actually equate to self effacing elements which work against people , really wanting to be part of a world.

Good hack and slash but little more ; they cannot compete against something with excess content but in reality still lacking with respect to a well rounded game world. Where end game seems to be a poor excuse for what could have been good design up front.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Isane

Guilds do noty make a community and investment in a game world they actually equate to self effacing elements which work against people , really wanting to be part of a world.

community comes from players helping each other more than anything else

thats one thing GW2 encourages in abundance

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/forums/thread/349908/page/1

In the GW2 Beta, you had to actually force yourself to realize you can like being around other people now. You can be generous, patient, and enjoy the company of fellow adventurers.  They cannot kill steal, ninja-loot, or bogart your nodes. All they can really do is help you. and increase your enjoyment of the game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by aesperus

What he's missing is, WoW isn't being 'dethroned' by any one game. But it has been losing interest gradually over the years, and everytime a hot new game comes out it perpetuates that even more. WoW was never (and is not) going to be killed by the launch of a new game. Not only does Blizzard have too loyal a fanbase for that, but people have too much invested in the game now. Hell, if D3 can be the best selling game of all time, with how many issues it has, it's no surprise that a game made well (and WoW is a well made game, like it or hate it) can hold the #1 seat for so long.

I share the same opinion

WOW will probably always be the top selling mmo but plenty of room for other mmos to co-exist

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by HiGHPLAiNS
    Originally posted by palulalula

Yes i know what can take down wow from throne--New mmo from Blizzard

I doubt even Blizzard can take down their own World of Warcraft phenomenon with their new Titan mmorpg.

People will rave for Titan, then come back to old faithful once again since they got to much time investment in WoW.

Blizzards next MMO will only be #1 for s short time, then WoW will regain it's #1 spot from its new sibling.

Titan is sort of thought to be planned by Blizzard for 2015 release...that's three years away dude.

Basically the buisnees suits who run Blizzard are going to milk every last dime out of the WoW cash cow and then move onto something new, and let WoW slowly become a retro niche mmo.

Panderia is sort of more kiddy orientated than ever before, so I think that tell you that WoW's demographic has changed in Western markets, and adults have moved onto other games now.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

I've never really enjoyed WoW being more an SWG player. With what I've seen of SW:TOR (cry) and TSW (I was in beta weekend) and Guild Wars 2, my expectation for Mists of Pandaria are simple:

World of Warcraft with it's Mists of Pandaria expansion will be the supreme MMO game for at least the next decade if not longer.

Simply put all the competition out there is so unoriginal and lacking, it's looking more and more like WoW is here for a long, long time. SW:TOR is depressing, Guild Wars 2 has fun features (much like Rift has some fun features) but I just can't see it beating World of Warcraft. Again I don't even play WoW but everything else out there is taking years and years to develop and just sucks. The only original game I've seen in the last couple of years is Minecraft, and that's not even an MMO.

Congrats to Blizzard and World of Warcraft, your 'competition' is so lackluster you are going to stay the dominant game for years and years to come. Kudos!

I lost all respect for your oppinion when you refered to minecraft as original.  Mine craft is simply legos on a computer so adults don't feel childish when they use it.  Not to mention minecraft is just a production spin off on games that were made for years, i don't even mean shitty games i mean decent games that were intentional meant to be small games cause noone believed adults would be stupid enough to enjoy them.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Originally posted by Isane
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I certainly don't think either will take out WoW, but frankly TSW and GW2 both appear to be pretty different compared to the norm to me. I believe both of those games will do quite nicely in their own right. Well...assuming Funcom isn't pulling another AOC and TSW ends up being  an absolute mess further into the game. I wouldn't say either of those games is even remotely lackluster. Hard to gauge how well they will do though since we haven't seen the whole game yet of either. TSW will probably be niche with a steady retention if they are good with updates and don't fuck up the launch. GW2 is going to be a juggernaut. Whether people like it or not.

Both TSW and GW2 will have no real longevity /Depth and generate little or no community and as such they will be 3 month have a look games work through the content and throw away.

Until people developing MMOs realise that for games to form real communities you do not need to automate 90% of Gameplay elements out of the game....

Good hack and slash but little more ; they cannot compete against something with excess content but in reality still lacking with respect to a well rounded game world. Where end game seems to be a poor excuse for what could have been good design up front.

No you miss the real issue, good community comes from people keeping open minds and trying to really play a game.  WoW's community was built by old school gamers from the everquest SWG generation, people who kept open minds when they tried a game whether they thought it would be trash or not.

WoW has not been dethrone'd because the gaming community has decided that change is bad and if the game is not WoW its not good without really playing it through.   I garentee that if you took most of those players and sat them down with a completely reskinned WoW they would hate it.  Moaning about how it isn't as good as WoW, Aion is the case and point. 

Aion was not well made but it was certainly not as terrible as it was treated when compare to WoW, they really were quite similar in mechanics and automated play style