Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 new Souls: What would you like and why? (how would that soul function gameplay wise)

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Cleric

Warrior

Mage

Rogue

4 new souls, 1 for each calling. What do you want, and why? how does it work?

for me:

*Warrior- Vindicator(Melee Healer/Support)

Uses Holy Melee attacks to heal and buff allies with Auras and special control skills. mainly a two hander spec.

*Rogue- Demon Hunter (Melee Tank/Support)

Shape Shifter tank and support for Rogue.

*Mage - Spell Breaker (melee Mage/ Tank)

Melee Mage with anti-magic and melee defense skills. (similar to WC3)

*Cleric - ......

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368

I am going to guess you like melee classes....

Warrior- I would like to see a class like the captain in Lotro which would mainly be support/heals (remove debuffs and provide great group buffs). A warrior with a ranged option would interest me to see as well.

Rogue- This is a tricky one as I think they already have all the roles covered aside from healer. I do like the demon hunter idea or maybe a trapper type of option with lots of crowd control options (Survivalist type maybe both melee and ranged). Survival spec hunter from vanilla WoW comes to mind.

Cleric- My favorite class and to be honest I am clueless as to how to add even more to what there already is available. This class already has everything.  A bard type of soul would be cool but the rogues already have that. Monk soul type maybe (fist weapons)?

Mage- Never really enjoyed playing mages myself but the loremaster class from LotRO comes to mind. Use a sword and a staff with some magic thrown in. Sounds fun I would probably play mine more if they did that.

I guess since I feel class options are the strongest point of the game currently I am more worried about them changing things too much but I guess we shall see. Either way I will buy it as Trion earns my money I feel anyway.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Warrior:  Templar- uses life based attacks to store holy power which can be used to heal companons (Templar can not heal himself)

Mage: Battle mage- specializes in up close magic attacks as well as weapon enchanting.   Dangerous opponent up close but not as dangerous at range as other mages.  Can strengthen both offense and defense of a particular element (or physical damage) but this strength opens up weaknesses

Cleric: Animist- utilizes 'turret' pets to damage foes

Rogue: Alchemist-mixes potions and posions to create devasting effects.  debuff/damage

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Id love to see a grappler class. And a monk type class that uses a bo. A spellweaver class would be cool with channeled combos.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

Cleric

- Hard one, i would be against support as it would be useless, it has a tanking soul, ranged and mele dps souls and healing souls and even a summoner-ish like soul, The only thing i would like to see added is a form of control/crowdcontrol soul 

Warrior

- Ranged dps whitout a doubt

Mage

- melee dps, a tank soul would be interesting but seeing how bad the balance is between tanks as is i do not see a point in making it worse and seeing tanks of a certian arche type get even less/no use in raids.

Rogue

- Hmm same problem as cleric minus the heal souls really, and quite honestly i do not know what i'd like to see added to it

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

Cleric - Valkyrie * Rides on a beast while throwing holy spears to support and damage.

* The beast she rides on can leap forward, charge into enemies, charge up holy light and release it as a shout and use tail swipe. 

* The Valkyrie throw holy spears to pass judgement onto her enemies and lay blessings on the ground for her allies.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

It would be best for the Calling and Rift as a whole if the new Souls were roles that would improve an area in which that Calling is lacking.

Yes, a support Soul for Warrior could be done but why? It would most likely suck and at best only serve to bolster other Souls.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Warriors already have a support / caller build because any organized PVP will revolve around them midlining if the team wants to win.  It turns out that using warriors for what they're meant to be used for (melee combat) sucks real bad.  They should be fixing warriors before adding a new soul to them.

Rogues are decent, and could probably use a new support soul.  No need for tank souls because deep RS already has a lot of synergy with other souls.

Mages need to be nerfed across the board, so hopefully the new soul only has negative stats in it and you have to invest 30 points in it before you can do other souls. lolololo

Clerics need a reorganization of all three healing souls.  Melee DPS needs to be worked on, so maybe a new soul would be melee DPS that isn't absolutely terrible, or a tank supporting soul because 5 points in shaman could be replaced with a more interesting soul concept.

• tnhmbtnhmb Member UncommonPosts: 10

Rogue- healing soul (?)

Warrior-Ranged DPS

Mage-Tanking mage :D

• wihtgarwihtgar Member UncommonPosts: 119

Well I do "ok" with Warrior melee DPS.  I do believe that our gear needs more endurance on it though, as armor does not do much to protect us from magic AOE's (which is what usually kills us).  The game mechanics need fewer "auto-kill" everything near the mob events also, which only affect a limited number... usually 1-3, melee dps.   Instead they should nuke the hell out of the ranged dps.

As for souls..... for warrior... survivor... name says it all, lets warriors live through dumb mechanics in raids which only affect the 1-2 melee dps warriors. 

Screw ranged dps and screw healing.

The other cool sould would be engineer.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Rogue: Healing Soul 

Warrior: Ranged Dps/Healing  hybrid soul

Cleric: Dual wielding melee Dps soul

Mage: Tank soul (either ranged with pet tank or melee tank)

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Mage is the only class I like in Rift and a Mage tank soul would be badass. To use a AD&D ref, some sort of Pale Master type build with mega Armor and immune to crit or something. Or a fade/imp invis evasion type ability.

Dunno, will be cool, this game is getting better and better all the time.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Cleric- I would love to see a DAOC shaman type.

Warrior-Monk type

Rogue-no idea

Mage-FFXI summoner type