Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new BIG client update

QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

So far it downloaded 2Gb but it's still downloading for me. So people with slow connections, you have 4 days. =]

Comments

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

apparently, theyve confirmed the game has been GPU-optimized for this build. o/

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by sonoggi

Any source?

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Thanks for the warning. I still hadn't had fired up the client and looked at it hollowly yet today!

Originally posted by Kuppa

Any source?

some guy who messaged customer support about it, and they claim the game will be optimized for this weekend.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/arenanet-doubles-servers-for-beta-weekend-event/

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

oh please let it be so.

They talk about more servers, not about client optimization. That's still speculation, at this point.

Would it surprise me, though? Not one bit.

Originally posted by StrixMaxima

They talk about more servers, not about client optimization. That's still speculation, at this point.

Would it surprise me, though? Not one bit.

not exactly speculation. depends if you trust people on the internet.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

5.1 gig update just finished

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

That's a very big update just for 1 additional zone. maybe they replaced a lot of files.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

84000 'files' 

That's a lot of updates!

Started mine now, don't want to leave it till the last moment.

Looks like the client was almost completely remade. This lends some credibility to the optimization rumor, since most of these changes would have to be client side.

Now I'm (even more) excited.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

im getting akey thursday most likly is the game diffreant enoughf rom other mmos to warrent apurchase?

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Dammit! I ran .exe at 8.30pm aest ready for a download and nothing. Should have tried before I shut down the pc last night.

I hope it's Optimized for this weekend. Want max eye candy.

Which server are all u Aussies planing on playing this weekend?
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

That's one hefty sized patch allright, lucky i don't have a crappy connection.

Hopefully optimizations are in, like so many others here seem to be echoing.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

This is a very recent update. I ran the launcher just a few hours ago and there was nothing new. Only running it again now because I saw his thread.

• johaocarljohaocarl Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Raxeon

im getting akey thursday most likly is the game diffreant enoughf rom other mmos to warrent apurchase?

I advice you to read some posts and blogs about the diferences GW2 have to other MMO. The best resume I saw about GW2 is "IT IS EVERYTHING WARHAMMER ONLINE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!"

So, read a few and make your opinion.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

I was just going to start a thread, but saw there was one. Around 5 gigs someone said. 1.8 gb into it and only 33% in. People with slow internet may want to get a jump before the weekend.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

Better listen to Falcomith, i have a really decent connection and took some time to download it, since it only downloaded to 1MB/s Max

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

So for me it downloaded 5.1 GB like Sammyeli said.

The difference between the two dat files is ~2.7 GB.

Before: 13.3 GB

After: 16 GB

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Originally posted by QSatu

That's a very big update just for 1 additional zone. maybe they replaced a lot of files.

Maybe they added the Sylvari and Asura zones for the next beta. 

• Darkahn21Darkahn21 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by donpopuki
    Originally posted by QSatu

Maybe they added the Sylvari and Asura zones for the next beta. 

No they haven't. Confirmed that Sylvari and Asura are NOT going to be in this BWE.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

wow thanks for the info lol,, i would not have opened up the client until the 8, i redownloaded the client yesteday night so i thought its was done until 8. haha

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I can't wait until I need to re-download all of these files for the live version of GW2!

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Aside from that new area, I wonder what else they changed. I hope they put up some patch notes soon. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• Darkahn21Darkahn21 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Quenchster

I can't wait until I need to re-download all of these files for the live version of GW2!

Fairly sure that you won't have to redownload everything for launch. Don't quote me on that though. I would think that they would just patch their current launcher. Every chance I'm completely wrong though lol