Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best summary of game elements i've seen so far

aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

while probly a bit lengthy for the adhd crowd, amongst whom i do most humbly count myself, it is simply the best overall review i have seen of the game's meta-mechanics. i highly recommend a read for all of you interested.

http://www.guardianhq.com/gw2/the-guardian-guide-to-guild-wars-2/

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Comments

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

One thing is certain out this summary:

NO.  WAY.  IN.  FU**ING.   HELL.  I'm reading all of this. OH.  HELL.  NO

Thanks for the link anyway OP.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Very thorough, well organized and easy to read. Good image choices too. A great help for newcomers.

I approve.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

One thing is certain out this summary:

Thanks for the link anyway OP.

hahaha!

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287

First I've seen of the 2 new PvP maps. One looks very similar to Battle for Kyhlo while the other shows underwater areas! Can't wait to try those out.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Very nice compilation. I hope a lot of players take the time to at least look through it, though knowing these forums that's not very likely.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Let me get some popcorn or coffee or something.

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339

I am not sure your defenition of "summary" and my defenition are the same.

But seriousely, looks like alot of good information put together in an easy to read format. Will be bookmarking.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Skarecrow7

I am not sure your defenition of "summary" and my defenition are the same.

But seriousely, looks like alot of good information put together in an easy to read format. Will be bookmarking.

Yeah... It's more like a manual, and I mean those from good old days when they used to be booklets and not just single page with instructions on how to install the game.  

• RollmeisterRollmeister Member Posts: 41

It's comprehensive, certainly. Seems to be pretty good (I haven't reaad it all yet).   Just one thing - I noticed that the article mentioned siddekicking up. Is that still in the game? I thought it was removed (aprt from auto 80 for PvP) and the only level adjustment was down in level to a level appropriate for the zone you're in.

I'm 30% Rock, 10% Roll, 50% Nerd and 10% Troll.
    Axis of Awesome - Moderately Rock and Roll

• RollmeisterRollmeister Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Rollmeister

Just one thing - I noticed that the article mentioned siddekicking up. Is that still in the game? I thought it was removed (aprt from auto 80 for PvP) and the only level adjustment was down in level to a level appropriate for the zone you're in.

Answering my own question.  They have definitely removed the levelling up when partied with a higehr level character.  You level down for appropriate PvE content and level up for WvWvW.  http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sidekick

I'm 30% Rock, 10% Roll, 50% Nerd and 10% Troll.
    Axis of Awesome - Moderately Rock and Roll

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by chelan

while probly a bit lengthy for the adhd crowd, amongst whom i do most humbly count myself, it is simply the best overall review i have seen of the game's meta-mechanics. i highly recommend a read for all of you interested.

Just a suggestion.  People on cell phones don't really have a good cut-paste.  Make it easier on people!  Use a link.  Like so.

See?  Now lazy people.... or people who can't cut/paste/type easily can just click on the convenient link.  Something to keep in mind for next time.  Or you can edit it into your first post. :D

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

dont worry, it is absolutely sufficient if you KNOW all of this. no need to actually read it ;)

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds