Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Five E3 2012 Expectations

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This week marks the annual E3 Expo in Los Angeles. We will have boots on the ground during the show to bring you all the latest happenings in the gaming world. In The List today, we take a look at the things we believe will make marks on people during E3. See what you think and then leave us a thought or two in the comments.

Is it that time of year already again? I feel like I was just at E3 a month ago, drinking too much NOS getting sick during the Bioshock Infinite presentation, and eating entirely too much IHOP. Oh, and there were the games too. Well, believe it or not, E3 is back again with a vengeance this year. As you read this, most of us will be on our way to Los Angeles to take part in the country’s largest videogame expo, and with that in mind we thought we’d share with you five things we expect to happen at E3 2012. Maybe we’ll be wrong, but that’s never the case, so take these brief little statements as pure unadulterated fact (READ: don’t really do that).

Read more of Bill Murphy's The List: Five E3 2012 Expectations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I'm interested if tablets are moving to consoles, and of there's more convergence of tablets into the PC, Xbox, PS3 domain.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I'm really looking forward to hearing more information about your number one in the article, Elderscroll Online, it goes without saying I'm a massive fan of the series and hope this turns out to be a brilliant game. 

I'm also looking to hear and see more information about the RiFT expansion which is also around the top of my list :)

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Hmm, I too am hoping Neverwinter plays great.. If it does more buzz will start pouring in.. PWE has helped turn around cryptic alot..

Eso, hmmm.. I'm not expecting it to try and reinvent or revolutionize the genre, what i'm hoping for, is for it to look exciting and enticing to play.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I am mostly interested in PS2.

It seems pretty interesting and since it'll be F2P, should pick up a decent number of players.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I am interested in elder scrolls online.  However the rest I think is going to leave a lot of folks in disapointment.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Erm, how do you figure TESO is going to be like DAOC set in TES world. From the info we have so far it seems more like it is going to be WOW set in TES world.

Hopefully E3 will clear this up 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I want to hear more info on Dust 514, any MMO expansions announced or to be announced and more MMO patch news for various games.  Of course, info on Neverwinter and TES are a given as well.  Maybe some other under the radar games, too.

• IntrinsicIntrinsic Member UncommonPosts: 60

PlanetSide 2 for me!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

i'm the only one here who don't care about e3 anymore?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Some info on WildStar would make me quite happy, it's sort of vanished from the news esxcept for Wildstar Wednesdays (and those aren't that beefy in the actual news and game status department.) Also Neverwinter... yep.

Edit: NM! Just realized NCSoft won't be at E3, so no wildstar news possible...
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by alkarionlog

Yes.

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119

When will we see next gen for DX11 PC'S ?...thats what im interested in and games dare be different like DayZ mod for hardcore and not masses.

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Originally posted by alkarionlog

No

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

MMORPG.com Staff at E3:

Please ask the Devs of TESO why it sounds more like WOW than an Elder Scrolls Game.

Thank You

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• Mariner-80Mariner-80 Member Posts: 347

I am most interested in Neverwinter and/or TESO.

I am hopeful that these games will give players more of the customized, individualized character/personal story development feeling that you get from SPRPGs, all the while while including a hefty amount of challenging player group content as well.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I hope you guys remember to cover PS2... I'm really excited for that game. Also Otherland looks like it's going to be fun!

Smile

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

MMORPG.com staff at E3 please slap the people making TESO for me and let them know I am sick of seeing great games bastardized for their names because some game makers cant come up with something original.

BTW, Neverwinter has the most potential if they can do the player made content tools right.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well still no news from MMO for this E3 ...

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by stragen001

Erm, how do you figure TESO is going to be like DAOC set in TES world. From the info we have so far it seems more like it is going to be WOW set in TES world.

Hopefully E3 will clear this up 

Ignorant/Missinformed people use WoW as a reference because it's easy ; You may be neither of these !!

WoW a good game for the masses but thats about it ; I would prefer and do rate against classics such as UO/ACand EQI ... DAOC had some good features but was always lacking in scale.

I am all for Developers and Companies making money but in reality that does not really make for a good game it just means Blizzard were around at the right time / with the right demographic getting cheap internet access at the same time.
    Makes for boring gameplay/ no real depth / and End Game used as an excuse rather than good design.

That said I can see merits in Elder Scrolls , lets wait and see...(If we just get another single player thats good, If it's an MMO and plays well and has Scale/Longevity/Community with decent design rather than end game in a month then great.

Neverwinter could also be great if we get a real world and not just a nyumber of small group instances, again will it have any depth or longevity built in something more than just hack and slash not sure.....

As for the other listed could be some potential.....

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I hope NWN makes a comeback.  I've been a megafan (almost needing psychological help lol) since the original AoL game.  I hope it's very nice, and I don't really fret too much, but STO wasn't too great, hope Cryptic doesn't mess this one up, or they'll go under.

Also I'm not too excited about TESO, it's supposed to be a singleplayer game, I never really thought it would work as an MMO, but if they pull it off I'd be so happy, and probably become lifetime member of TESO or NWN.

I've heard of Otherland before, it actually has a good concept from the things I've heard, I'd like to hear more about this game, as it's harder to find articles and info on.  EON and PS2 I don't really care much for.  EON is RTS, I don't really like rts much, except for warcraft or starcraft (where players make thier own maps).  PS2 I really don't care for, it's SOE and I've made a vow to never touch another SOE game, no matter how tempting.  I did like PS, but SOE ruins everything they touch eventually.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I'll definitely be interested in hearing more about Neverwinter and TESO from E3.

I also hope the MMORPG.com staff look up Embers of Caerus, as it seems Forsaken Studios' Dave Belcher will be there.

http://www.embersofcaerus.com/forum/showthread.php/1309-Forsaken-Studios-is-going-to-E3!

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.