Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF An Awesome RPG.

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I don't want any Elder Scroll games or Kingdoms of Amalur so please don't mention those games. And I want something 3D, so yes, most Indie games are out of the question. Sorry if this makes it hard, but I want a game that's visually appealing and also has fun gameplay, and a great story. It's pretty sad what a hard time I'm having at finding that.

Smile

Comments

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

Two worlds, Divinity, Gothic... Look for the summer sales on steam you might end up getting it for cheap :)

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Emhster

Two worlds, Divinity, Gothic... Look for the summer sales on steam you might end up getting it for cheap :)

Doesn't it cost money just to have a Steam account?

Smile

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by Emhster

Doesn't it cost money just to have a Steam account?

no ...

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Dark Souls. Coming to PC in August if you don't own/fancy buying it on console.

The Witcher 2.

Borderlands if you want something different.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Just in case you missed them...

1- The Witcher I / II

2- Dragon Age Origins

3- Neverwinter Nights 2 (old but really good)

4- Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic I / II

5- Fallout New Vegas

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

If you have a console look into Dragon's Dogma and Demons/Dark Souls. If not then I'd say Witcher 2 and Dragon Age origins are some of the most memorable RPGs of the last few years. And Fallout 3/NV if you like post-apocalyptic settings.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by revy66

If you have a console look into Dragon's Dogma and Demons/Dark Souls. If not then I'd say Witcher 2 and Dragon Age origins are some of the most memorable RPGs of the last few years. And Fallout 3/NV if you like post-apocalyptic settings.

Yeah, saddly I do not have a console, but from the sounds of it everyone is suggesting Dragon Age games and The Witcher games, so I'll give those a try I guess. Can anyone try and tell me which one would be better? The Witcher or Dragon Age?

Smile

• XeseXese Member Posts: 39

Mass Effect series.

Blades of Time was fun as well.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by revy66

Yeah, saddly I do not have a console, but from the sounds of it everyone is suggesting Dragon Age games and The Witcher games, so I'll give those a try I guess. Can anyone try and tell me which one would be better? The Witcher or Dragon Age?

Depends, Dragon age is a wee bit more tactical and comes with buddies to fight with.   Witchers have better stories, boobs and more actiony combat.   

Oh and DONT buy DA2 or the exp.  They are crap that BioEA made.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

GOG.com (Good Old Games) is a great site for those classic RPGs like the true BW games like Baulder's Gate series and fairly cheap.  Sadly the older more dated games are the better games than the flashy games nowadays that seem to put graphics and shineyness ahead of a solid story/game.  Baulder Gates series, Arcanum, Icewind Dale series as a few of the older classics that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys a good RPG. 

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I would go with Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition. That will last you a very long time.