Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Blade & Soul] Beauty of B&S

tuzalovtuzalov Member Posts: 183

if your not drooling for this game after the video,confirm you have a pulse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSS_6f-nXS4

Comments

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

The non combat scenery looks interesting..hard to tell how good it looks but it does look impressive.

Then i saw the pedo-child-furry-hybrid character skipping and lost all interest.

Its going to be one of those games again.....sigh

Also my concerns over game like this from that region is that they always start off as a blast but then become tedious and boring mid to late game remain.

It looks good but whats this games catch, what does it offer mechanically?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I'll just throw this link in as well, if the OP doesn't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPH9_5Fdpwk&feature=related

In the spirit of showing images/game play of Blade and Soul.

As with many Asian mmo's their images are increidble but sometimes their game play is less than stellar.

Here is to hoping!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Crunchy221

The non combat scenery looks interesting..hard to tell how good it looks but it does look impressive.

Then i saw the pedo-child-furry-hybrid character skipping and lost all interest.

so you can't have girls in an mmo?

Thats against some rule somewhere in your book?

Well, the game is better off without narrow minded people playing it anyway...

Not sure why you think the little girls are pedo bait... unless you have something you'd like to tell us?

My largest reservation other than the blood curdling character...yes it looks good, many games from this region have looked fantastic over the years...mechanically they all have been quite ugly however...

This another asian attempt at a boring standard issue themepark that looks good?

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Not sure why you think the little girls are pedo bait... unless you have something you'd like to tell us?

Ahh i see...i dislike the child girl slash furry characters therefore i dislike females? 

Sounds like you might be narrow minded...

Some of us perfer playing characters that are not preteen girls with bunny ears and fox tails...i know might be hard to believe there are people with diffrent likes and dislikes than you.

My largest reservation other than the blood curdling character...yes it looks good, many games from this region have looked fantastic over the years...mechanically they all have been quite ugly however...

This another asian attempt at a boring standard issue themepark that looks good?

How have you not heard of Blade & Soul?

Its NCSoft's answer to every Next Gen MMO coming out in the next year or so.  They've spent an insane amount of money and time on this title...

Please do yourself a favor, and check out more info at http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/

Its NCSoft's answer to every Next Gen MMO coming out in the next year or so.  They've spent an insane amount of money and time on this title...

Please do yourself a favor, and check out more info at http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/

As much as i want to wade through that website in an attempt to answer my own question...perhaps you could list how this game is expecting to stand out mechanically?

Ahh i see...i dislike the child girl slash furry characters therefore i dislike females? 

Some of us perfer playing characters that are not preteen girls with bunny ears and fox tails...i know might be hard to believe there are people with diffrent likes and dislikes than you.

Yes, but your mind went right to 'pedo' first... Kinda weird man...

So you don't like a race / class, good, then don't play that race / class?  I hated how trolls looked in WoW for years, HATED it, yet I still played Horde, as an Orc.  It didn't stop me from enjoying the game at all, I just made fun of trolls for looking all hunch backed.

Some of us believe you should have character options that appeal to a wide audience.

Yes, but your mind went right to 'pedo' first... Kinda weird man...

So you don't like a race / class, good, then don't play that race / class?  I hated how trolls looked in WoW for years, HATED it, yet I still played Horde, as an Orc.  It didn't stop me from enjoying the game at all, I just made fun of trolls for looking all hunch backed.

Some of us believe you should have character options that appeal to a wide audience.

I watched the video it was interresting looking despite not showing any combat and then the video focused on that girl skipping...that was my turn off...if this is hard to understand im not sure what i can explain further.

Again...it may be shocking to you...but some western adult males are not interested in playing a game with character looking like that...

I also hated how wow character looked and very played it, i just cant understand the eastern love affair with these character types, and in fact the eastern metro-male slash pedo aged girl characters are a big turn off for a lot of people, not just me.

Again, might be hard to understand people have diffrent tastes in how their character appears...

also i get the feeling looking at characters like that and imagine the game swarmed with 11-14 year olds...

But im done arguing the fact that people may dislike things you may like...time to move on.  Really was just checking in here because i remember seeing this game in beta ages ago and was curious why it didnt launch ect.  Good luck and hope the game is enjoyable for you

As much as i want to wade through that website in an attempt to answer my own question...perhaps you could list how this game is expecting to stand out mechanically?

Unlike other games NCSoft has several teams dedicated to this title, they have their own ANIMATION department, like how movie studios do...  That's why they can have the game chock full of cut scenes, and yet STILL have the focus of their developers firmly on making the games mechanics and content, not pretty cut scenes.  They have people for that.

At last CB they had over an hour of in game cut scenes, and its growing.

Thats just one thing, the game has very interesting innovative combat, its not quite like anything we've seen, its sorta hard to describe, its based a lot of combos and action style combat, check out a few videos to see what I mean.

I watched the video it was interresting looking despite not showing any combat and then the video focused on that girl skipping...that was my turn off...if this is hard to understand im not sure what i can explain further.

Again...it may be shocking to you...but some western adult males are not interested in playing a game with character looking like that...

Its not shocking that you don't like the character, its shocking that a character model type being in a game, merely existing, has immediately sent you to the 'not like' pile.   I mean I don't like many races in many video games...  but its never really bothered me.  I hate most of RIFT's character models, still a good game.  I never thought the Taruen looked that good either (in WoW)  they kinda are freaky if you look closely at their hands and stuff...

My point is that objecting to a race being in a game, because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean you have to call it a 'pedo-furry-thing' race right off the bat.  How would you like it if every time someone saw anything from America they generalized it, oh look its a stage performance of Peter Pan, oh no its ENTIRELY RUINED by that pedo-fairy thing, whats her name?  Tinkerbell? EW!

See? 

I watched the video it was interresting looking despite not showing any combat and then the video focused on that girl skipping...that was my turn off...if this is hard to understand im not sure what i can explain furtherSkipping?  She was flying through the air while the land scape changed around her to demo the areas of the game... its a video detailing how pretty the landscapes are.  And I see a VERY fully clothed girl animal thing flying through the air, reminds me of Shippou from Innuyasha.

Again, might be hard to understand people have diffrent tastes in how their character appears... Yes, their character, you dont' have to roll one of those race if you don't want to... Its like objecting to how blood elves look saying they look too girly to play when you never intended upon rolling one anyway.

also i get the feeling looking at characters like that and imagine the game swarmed with 11-14 year olds..you get the feeling?  ... this isn't even worth debating. 

But im done arguing the fact that people may dislike things you may like...time to move on.  Really was just checking in here because i remember seeing this game in beta ages ago and was curious why it didnt launch ect.  Good luck and hope the game is enjoyable for you and I'm done trying to get you to understand that just because you personally dislike one race in a video game, it doesn't ruin the game for you, also, if you dislike something, you don't have to put it down by calling it 'pedo' thats disrespectful to a culture.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    I watched the video it was interresting looking despite not showing any combat and then the video focused on that girl skipping...that was my turn off...if this is hard to understand im not sure what i can explain further.

Its not shocking that you don't like the character, its shocking that a character model type being in a game, merely existing, has immediately sent you to the 'not like' pile.   I mean I don't like many races in many video games...  but its never really bothered me.  I hate most of RIFT's character models, still a good game.  I never thought the Taruen looked that good either (in WoW)  they kinda are freaky if you look closely at their hands and stuff...

My point is that objecting to a race being in a game, because you don't enjoy it, doesn't mean you have to call it a 'pedo-furry-thing' race right off the bat.  How would you like it if every time someone saw anything from America they generalized it, oh look its a stage performance of Peter Pan, oh no its ENTIRELY RUINED by that pedo-fairy thing, whats her name?  Tinkerbell? EW!

See? 

It is kind of odd how the guy went straight to sexualizing them,I found nothing in the video or even any videos of the Lyn race that does that at all unlike Tera's Elin.

Anyhow on topic the Korean OBT starts June 21st so hopefully the western port wont be too long in coming.And it looks like they scrapped the idea of putting a fatigue system in the game after all the negative feedback they received about it so seems like they listen to their fans.

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/news/84-obt-starts-june-21st-fatigue-system-scrapped/

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

game looks great.. although so does TERA but I just can't force myself to login TERA anymore as to me the world while pretty is so mind numbingly boring and I find the combat way over-rated. This one looks interesting I like some classes have grapple moves as well and that they appear to be putting a good amount of time into the story... hopefully it winds up better than TERA I really trying to find a fun asian inspired MMO that actually has decent questing.. oh I also enjoy the speed of everything from the movements to the combat

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• sargey123sargey123 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

game looks great.. although so does TERA but I just can't force myself to login TERA anymore as to me the world while pretty is so mind numbingly boring and I find the combat way over-rated. This one looks interesting I like some classes have grapple moves as well and that they appear to be putting a good amount of time into the story... hopefully it winds up better than TERA I really trying to find a fun asian inspired MMO that actually has decent questing.. oh I also enjoy the speed of everything from the movements to the combat

I played the beta for 2-3 weeks... it was cute.. but simple was a bit boring... felt like Tera.. even using same engine.. another improvment of AION instead of wing flying u can glide here on the wind... skills and combat is slow just like aion.. isnt so much fun... moving and running is nice as AION,game looks very great but again.. its just no cormftable and simply boring.. x_x 

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I had the chance to play the game and loved it.  I felt the combat felt more like playing an arcade game, like street fighter 2 or something along that line.  I just want to hear about the owpvp...as long as I can kill people not just in zones or bg's, i'm all in.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"