Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Purple gear (item rarity)

I don't know if it's complete copy from WoW. I'm not interested in WoW and never been. Or possibly even from older game like EQ. Dont know.

So I started playing SWTOR Dec. 13th and hit level 50 on Jan 2nd. So about 20 days of progress. then I got my first set of purple gear in about 2 weeks max. So we are about 1 month since start. Fast forward 5 another months and I'm still lvl 50 and with purple gear. Actually 2 sets of purple Gear - PvE and PvP.

What's the point of making gear colors if most of the time I'm having purple gear? and it's not gonna change. Every other new gear will be also purple. What's the point of having differnt colors for 20 days and then years with 1 purple mess in my inventory?

Looks like some old design from years back that went horribly wrong. At least PvP gear could be differnt color.

Comments

• tollboothtollbooth grants pass, ORPosts: 298Member

I always try to imagine what gear colors would have been like in FFXI.  I personally hate gear color schemes.  Just ruins the value of lower tier gear.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Flushing, MIPosts: 2,096Member
    Originally posted by tollbooth

I always try to imagine what gear colors would have been like in FFXI.  I personally hate gear color schemes.  Just ruins the value of lower tier gear.

I only played WoW the first 2 weeks of launch, and then left  for good. Think I had like a lvl 20 or so Pali. So I didnt get much from the color schemes in WoW.

I did however enjoy having color schemes in D2, and the WoW model used on the mini RPG included with WC3. It allows you to know what should go to the vendor without taking the time to disect it.  In TOR, I take the time to check all my gear, but typically if it isnt at least Orange, then chances are I wont be keeping it.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• tollboothtollbooth grants pass, ORPosts: 298Member
    Originally posted by Moaky07
    Originally posted by tollbooth

I only played WoW the first 2 weeks of launch, and then left  for good. Think I had like a lvl 20 or so Pali. So I didnt get much from the color schemes in WoW.

I did however enjoy having color schemes in D2, and the WoW model used on the mini RPG included with WC3. It allows you to know what should go to the vendor without taking the time to disect it.  In TOR, I take the time to check all my gear, but typically if it isnt at least Orange, then chances are I wont be keeping it.

This is an entirely different problem I have with some MMO's.  The fact that there is trash.  Increasing my inv space just to carry more trash is bizarre to me.  Once again I'll reference FFXI where every single item was valuable and had a purpose.  There was no thing as a trash drop because everything was either equippable, used in crafting, or for a quest.  I guess FFXI was way less gear dependent then other MMO's though.