Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTF Ten Ton Hammer

2»

Comments

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

yep evidentally tentonhammer only offers beta keys to premium members....which they deceived us with this

"Please note that to ensure we have enough keys to go around, you must be a registered member of Ten Ton Hammer or GuildWars2Hub.com to get an item code. Not registered? It's free and easy to get your standard membership: just click here to join!"

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• EscafandroEscafandro Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by graggok

yep evidentally tentonhammer only offers beta keys to premium members....which they deceived us with this

"Please note that to ensure we have enough keys to go around, you must be a registered member of Ten Ton Hammer or GuildWars2Hub.com to get an item code. Not registered? It's free and easy to get your standard membership: just click here to join!"

You didn't need a premium membership, you only needed to be registered.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by JeroKane

They probably expected more keys from Arenanet, but didn't get any more.

Either that or they had some issue. Maybe the guy putting out the stuff got sick or something.

I know stuff like this is annoying but sh#t happens and it isn't like you actually paid anything for it.

Besides, it is just a beta event and you will get a chanse to tryo ut the game before launch anyways, there will be an open weekend before launch. Of course I am invitedand might have been less understanding if I wanted one of those keys as well...

Originally posted by Loke666

Either that or they had some issue. Maybe the guy putting out the stuff got sick or something.

I know stuff like this is annoying but sh#t happens and it isn't like you actually paid anything for it.

Besides, it is just a beta event and you will get a chanse to tryo ut the game before launch anyways, there will be an open weekend before launch. Of course I am invitedand might have been less understanding if I wanted one of those keys as well...

There was a giveaway, 17h here, 16h gmt or whatever you call it...People arrived too late, not TTH fault...

Edit: Sometimes GMT zones got +1 hour (Summer time/daylight saving time)

• CyflymCyflym Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Escafandro

There was a giveaway, 17h here, 16h gmt or whatever you call it...People arrived too late, not TTH fault...

their page said 17 gmt u said it was up at 16 gmt, would mean not ppl late/at fault but tth not able to use timezones properly

Originally posted by Cyflym

their page said 17 gmt u said it was up at 16 gmt, would mean not ppl late/at fault but tth not able to use timezones properly

Like I said above, some GMT zones got +1 hour when closer to summer. They gave keys at 17h (my time zone, GMT summer time) and you can see that in my email it was 16h (GMT non summer time).

• CyflymCyflym Member Posts: 30

Like I said above, some GMT zones got +1 hour when closer to summer. They gave keys at 17h (my time zone, GMT summer time) and you can see that in my email it was 16h (GMT non summer time).

gmt has no daylight saving as far as i know

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

gmt has no daylight saving as far as i know

Correct! GMT doesn't change. For example the UK shifts between GMT and BST, which is GMT + 1. If you want to know what GMT is during the British summer, take a hour off.
  • WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

... there will be an open weekend before launch....

I was pretty sure that official word had it that there would not be an "open" beta at any point.

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by Wolfynsong

... there will be an open weekend before launch....

I was pretty sure that official word had it that there would not be an "open" beta at any point.

SWTOR also didn't have "open" beta. They just invited everyone who had registered on their site for the closed beta test. *shrugs* Depending on how many keys Arenanet provide for future BWEs, it may very well feel like an open beta. :)

But yeah, they haven't said anything about completely opening the gates to everyone so far. Plans can change though, so who knows.