Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: New Trailer Features Coop Game Play

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion and SyFy have released a new Defiance trailer that showcases cooperative gameplay based around events called “arkfalls” that appear in both the online shooter and the live action series coming to Syfy. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Looks pretty good but this time i think I will get this for the console. Something new instead of the same old same old.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Well, the trailer looks good. :-) Of course, there's no surprise there. I'm looking forward to this.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

:/ i rather watch the tv show then play the game

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Is this an MMO?

MMO's for consoles, save for FF11, never do well at all. In fact, MMO's built for consoles and THEN ported to PC always suffer for it. I think the show will simply be the better investment of time for this one :)!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

SyFy is pretty good at their television series. Not so hot with the movies. You should be OK watching the show. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by lizardbones

SyFy is pretty good at their television series. Not so hot with the movies. You should be OK watching the show. :-)

SyFy makes those cheesy B rated movies on purpose. I believe the "Big Cheeses" in charge of SyFy have massive nostalgia for those REALLY cheesy horror flicks when they were kids. I can't imagine they get good ratings from them either.

Also, I'm still miffed about them canceling Stargate Universe. Such a blasted good show :x!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• really curious how this will play out. SyFy is going to have to have some input i would think. wish i could see how the contract is writen up.

either way, i'm lookin forward to this game.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

sgu was horrible, compared to the previous stargate series

anyways trailer music was bad, it didnt look to awsome but will see when it goes into beta and if it sucks there is always the series presuming its any good

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I'm really excited by how great this game/tv series combo COULD be - especially when they mention things like events in the show changing the game and players in the game having an effect on the show.

I'm loving the gameplay - looks like it'll be great fun.  Kind of like what Tabula Rasa wanted to be.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

looks kinda interesting

Hype train -> Reality

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

You mean they used to be really good at them. Nowadays they make the odd good one then promptly cancel them. They're more a reality TV channel than anything else these days.

That being said i'm still looking forward to seeing how both the TV show and MMO play out. It's definately an interesting concept. If nothing else the TV show will be pleasing on the eye having both Jaime Murray and Julie Benz in the cast ;)

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Interesting concept, but how closely will the show and the game be tied ? What if you don't have access to SyFy channel, and never watch the show ?

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

Not sure what to make of this game yet, but worth keeping an eye on.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Not sure how much this game will influence the show seeing as both have different locations. Ones set in St. Louis, the other in L.A I believe. Looks good though, just hoping they have a lot of content to play around with at launch. Than again, what am I saying, its Trion, of course it will.

• milluxmillux Member UncommonPosts: 50

I want to watch the episode where they have to acknowledge the existance of a dude in their world named xJediLegolas457x. 

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by millux

I want to watch the episode where they have to acknowledge the existance of a dude in their world named xJediLegolas457x. 

You and me both.

I do have to say that the combat looked nice. Not sure if it's real time or standard action bar type but it looked interesting.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Interesting concept, but how closely will the show and the game be tied ? What if you don't have access to SyFy channel, and never watch the show ?

there are ways to get to watch it regardless of where you are or what you have access too :)

long live zhe internet.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

SyFy makes those cheesy B rated movies on purpose. I believe the "Big Cheeses" in charge of SyFy have massive nostalgia for those REALLY cheesy horror flicks when they were kids. I can't imagine they get good ratings from them either.

Also, I'm still miffed about them canceling Stargate Universe. Such a blasted good show :x!

Same here.  I always felt like the movies they make were pretty much a good indication of why they cancelled the show.  The SG series prior to SG:U were very much like the movies Syfy makes.  Incredibly cheesy.

This trailer actually kind of turned me off from wanting to play the game.  Don't think it's so much the trailers fault, but because I've seen gameplay footage of Dust 514, and it just looks so much nicer then defiance. 

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Hmmm could be interesting. Will keep an eye on this one, but I honestly don't have high expectations (even though I like what Trion's been doing w/ rift). I just haven't seen enough yet to get excited about. Hopefully they'll release more vids with actual gameplay instead of choice-edited ingame clips. I'm also a bit skeptical as to how the whole game + mmo idea will pan out. It could be really cool if done well, but it just seems kinda gimmicky to me.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Looks like fun. Lets see how the game plays. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

Wha..you cancel SG:U and Eureka for this?!

Fuck you SyFy, fuck you.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• GismolandGismoland Member UncommonPosts: 79

Does Tabula Rasa come to Mind..

HELL YAH!!