Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL @ Lvl 80 "Boost"

DissolutionDissolution Member Posts: 210

So, I have recently been getting ALOT of WoW spam for the expansion beta, this and that. Just received one where I was asked to come back with a couple of perks. Once of which was:

""A single character boosted to level 80"

This made me laugh. I had considered opening one of my accounts after years of cancelled time just as a pocket PvP MMO. However, free rides to 80? That killed any chance of me ever returning to WoW.

From what I remember you could practically level a toon from creation to max on a weekend. Free ride to 80?

Seriously?

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Even with recruit a friend leveling bonus boost it would take more than a weekend to reach max level.

On average, no life leveling it, it would take you around a week or two to hit max level, thats with no job, and nothing else better to do at all.

• DissolutionDissolution Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Even with recruit a friend leveling bonus boost it would take more than a weekend to reach max level.On average, no life leveling it, it would take you around a week or two to hit max level, thats with no job, and nothing else better to do at all.

When I make the statement "practically level a toon to max on a weekend" I am really being a little sarcastic. However, I do remember that with a full time job and two kids I was able to churn out max characters like it was a factory assembly line when I was playing.

Point being, can you make an already easy game any easier?

I doubt I could play this game anymore even if it went 100% F2P.

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

This could work, with a low level character many of us never used for an instant level 80. Cancel and wait for another instant 80 hehehe.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    WoW really should be below everyone's skill level and intellect.

OT: Azeroth has been named Third best gaming World by IGN. What lolz!

Not sure I agree,... but still lawl.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

Originally posted by SuperXero89

[mod edit]

If handing out free rides to 80 being laughable to me makes it so, then I suppose it is so. And if finding WoW to have been the already easist levlling MMO I have played in the last 15 years makes it so, then I suppose you are on a roll.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Dissolution

So, I have recently been getting ALOT of WoW spam for the expansion beta, this and that. Just received one where I was asked to come back with a couple of perks. Once of which was:

This made me laugh. I had considered opening one of my accounts after years of cancelled time just as a pocket PvP MMO. However, free rides to 80? That killed any chance of me ever returning to WoW.

From what I remember you could practically level a toon from creation to max on a weekend. Free ride to 80?

Seriously?

Don't quite get your problem with this?

It is a marketing ploy to bring back some players who maybe can't be arsed with doing the levelling thing no matter how easy it may be or not. Does it say that it forces you to take a L80 character, nope, so if you want to do the levelling yourself then do the levelling yourself, where is the issue?

I have a feeling that if someone uses that as an excuse not to come back, they were probably looking for a reason not to anyway rather than a positive reason to come back to the game.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

I agree free lvl 80 is lauaghable  but then WoW dosnt require anybody to know there class as every situation is just a zerg anyway.

My daughter who is only 12 has been playing Wow for a while and as she isnt into the lvling thing and just wants to rp with her friends has used this free 80 pass and now goes on dungon quests with others and she is a cleric and nobody notices she dont heal anybody now that is laughable

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Seriously?

lol let me guess you never played wow before and you are now sad because your beloved game (and we know which one that is) have much ,much less players. Well your opinion is just worthless to over 10 million subscribers, sorry you are minority :)

Originally posted by palulalula

So, I have recently been getting ALOT of WoW spam for the expansion beta, this and that. Just received one where I was asked to come back with a couple of perks. Once of which was: ""A single character boosted to level 80" This made me laugh. I had considered opening one of my accounts after years of cancelled time just as a pocket PvP MMO. However, free rides to 80? That killed any chance of me ever returning to WoW. From what I remember you could practically level a toon from creation to max on a weekend. Free ride to 80? Seriously?

lol let me guess you never played wow before and you are now sad because your beloved game (and we know which one that is) have much ,much less players. Well your opinion is just worthless to over 10 million subscribers, sorry you are minority :)

Must have hit a soft spot. Sorry your feewings were hurt.

I could care less if people choose to play a game I am playing. I also am not criticising WoW for being what it is, I am criticising it for making it even easier than it is. I was going to introduce my daughter to WoW, but at 5 years old she really seems to like challenges.

I was perfectly fine leaving the game to others, and am perfectly content playing an unpopular game. I have played them all now and the one I am playing is better in many regards for what I am looking for in a game in comparison to what is currently available. I would never have wasted time posting about this game if they werent spamming me these ridiculous "offers" in my mailbox. I prefer my mmorpg's with more challenge and less chutes and ladders.

Good luck with your world of whatever...

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Laugh all you want, be as sarcastic and exaggerated as possible. In the end approximately 10 million people are still playing the game that you care enough for to make this kind of post.

What did you want to discuss anyway?

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Seriously?

What better reason to give people a level 80 character? A lot of people who might return have already completed the initial leveling process either once or multiple times, and the real game is supposed to start in Cataclysm areas post 80 anyway, might as well get as many people as possible to the point where the majority of the player-base is (capped, end-game) and bypass the boring leveling, as well as shorten queues...

... even if those queues are shortened just so you can rack up a huge repair bill 'cause people don't really know how to play. :p

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

If you were clever and not snot nosed, you'd open *ALL* your accounts, take the free 80s, and, more importantly, FREE CATA upgrades. Plus, wow is not, never has been, and never will be, about your character level. Ever. Skipping content which is for many people just not fun is really no issue.

Getting a free 80 (when the cap is 85) means you can toss aside the boring old world, if you so desire. Each account can only ever be given the bonus once also, so the gain which ails you so badly is barely an issue at all. The deal also ends soon. Just take it, free Cata is free Cata, means less catching up and xpac purchasing if you ever decide to play again!

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by wartyxwt

If you were clever and not snot nosed, you'd open *ALL* your accounts, take the free 80s, and, more importantly, FREE CATA upgrades. Plus, wow is not, never has been, and never will be, about your character level. Ever. Skipping content which is for many people just not fun is really no issue.

Getting a free 80 (when the cap is 85) means you can toss aside the boring old world, if you so desire. Each account can only ever be given the bonus once also, so the gain which ails you so badly is barely an issue at all. The deal also ends soon. Just take it, free Cata is free Cata, means less catching up and xpac purchasing if you ever decide to play again!

Ahem... any game with levels is gonna be about those levels to some degree. Character level, item level, they're all ways of gauging a person's ability, even if skill separates the good from the bad in the end. 

And unless people do some reading up before or while playing at 80+, the leveling process is there as a tutorial, and it's gonna be much harder figuring out all the abilities and using them well compared to someone who only unlocked them gradually and got used to things a bit at a time.

But it's true, all this is fine if the person going 80 is already knowledgable, or willing to learn, look up some tips, etc.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Seriously?

So they give you ALL free xpansions including CATA, but you fixate on the "one char to level 80" thing? and that is the reason you would not return to WoW?

Really? Why?

You do not have to take it. Even if you take it you said it yourself it does not take very long time to get to 80, even less now as WotLK is boosted. So it cannot be they removed difficulty that in your own words never existed. They just made it more convenient for someone wanting to play with his level 85 friends to get back in the game quicker without having to go through 1-80 all over again... but still giving you the latest content to try your completely new class mechanics on.

So what exactly is your point again?

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

I had a similar feeling when I first heard about it but when I actually started thinking about it... it became less of a big deal. I mean, how much work is actually needed to hit level 80 now? Not too much awfully hard. It's a avaliant attempt by WoW to get some subscribers back and I have no doubt that in some way it's working.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Jakard

I had a similar feeling when I first heard about it but when I actually started thinking about it... it became less of a big deal. I mean, how much work is actually needed to hit level 80 now? Not too much awfully hard. It's a avaliant attempt by WoW to get some subscribers back and I have no doubt that in some way it's working.

It tells me that it might be time to revamp the game and get rid of those 80 useless fast levels.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

How come I didn't get one of these emails? I feel left out now.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Jakard

It tells me that it might be time to revamp the game and get rid of those 80 useless fast levels.

What makes it even worse is that the last expansion was dedicated to revamping the content for those levels. Epic fail.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

The main idea behind the 80 (also 1 free realm transfer) is so that if your friends that you left are on another server now or your server is now dead you can transfer and raise a character to play without having to do a character from 1 again. 

• AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274

Seriously?

Seriously. If you are getting "spam" emails then they are probably phishing scams. The invitation I got was from a friend who sent me a scroll of resurrection in which one of the perks was a character up to lvl 80. Either way who doesn't have a lvl 85 by now lol??? I used my 80 perk for an alt on a different server.

The level cap is increasing when MoP comes out. A free lvl 80 isnt a big deal. The game is still fun as heck and some time off doesn't hurt if you are not enjoying WoW. But really that lvl 85 or 80 toon ya have is probably so out dated gear wise the LOL might be on you.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452
    Originally posted by keenber

My daughter who is only 12 has been playing Wow for a while and as she isnt into the lvling thing and just wants to rp with her friends has used this free 80 pass and now goes on dungon quests with others and she is a cleric and nobody notices she dont heal anybody now that is laughable

Just lol'd.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Seriously?

So soooo true. When i saw that i was like why didn't they do that in Cata..oh right....and i have a feeling it will be the same scenerio in this expansion. Basically Blizz's new set of untalented hacks will put not enough end game content and/or force people to wait (like they are doing right now) for new content end game. So when you level one to 80 instantly , it's still a lobby game where you stand around in the cities every few months when they decide to put out a new dungeon or raid or two. Seriously, sad at this point. What makes me sadder is that other games want to emulate THIS of all things.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

As others with a clue have said... this is just another person trolling WoW.  Common place on these forums.

I'll say it again...

Some people want to play max level and don't want to grind out 80 levels.  This solves that problem for them.  As you say, leveling is easy?  So why waste peoples time with it?  Free 80 = get into the action!

WoW has pretty much NEVER been about the leveling.  If you want a game that's all about levels go play Lineage 2 (I think?  never played it myself)

WoW has always been about the instances and group content.  MASSIVLY MULTIPLAYER GAME.  All the wow-haters that talk about so many other games they think are so much better allow them to grind for endless hours solo.  Honestly, WoW encourges grouping and multiplayer experiences at every turn making it a winner.  There is a reason it's still number one MMO on planet.

This is another thread that reminds me about the Diablo 3 complaining...  "Diablo 3 is too easy..."   Being said by people NOT playing hardcore...

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452
    Originally posted by Painlezz

As others with a clue have said... this is just another person trolling WoW.  Common place on these forums.

But if you don't hate on WoW in every thread, you're not a KOOL KID.