Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTF Ten Ton Hammer

UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

you said you were giving away beta keys at noon EST and since I live in EST I am fairly certain I am at the right place at the right time....yet nothing

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

Comments

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

yur on the wrong website.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518
    Originally posted by Mexorilla

yur on the wrong website.

lol  know I was venting about ten ton hammer

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

well I spent nearly an hour of my life clicking on a giveaway page that clearly isn't holding the giveaway as they said.........I am thoroughly aggravated.....stupid ten ton hammer....waste my time......steals my candy.....

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Wrong forum obviously....

Go post at Ten Ton Hammer forums not here

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

did they have like three keys or something im in the same time zone and they really did claim to be out almost immediately?!

Originally posted by seridan

i was venting...to my knowledge I haven't violated term of agreement, I just wanted to inform this community that they might be wasting their time if they are seeking a beta key from them, since I like this community more

Originally posted by itgrowls

did they have like three keys or something im in the same time zone and they really did claim to be out almost immediately?!

no they said they have 250 keys and they would give them away starting at 12pm EST noon June 2nd, and still (just checked)

nothing, the contest hasn't even been updated from yesterdays giveaway

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by itgrowls

This site ran out of 500 beta keys in 20mins and Massively ran out of 1,000 keys in 10mins.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

How dare they be late in giving you something for free.

Yes i'm still F5'ing ;)

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Thought it might be a browser issue/cache etc, but it says right there:

"Sorry, we're out of keys until Saturday, June 2nd at noon US Eastern / 9am Pacific / 1700 GMT."

but it is past that.  Maybe someone over at ten ton forgot to set their alarm? :)  Not a big fan of their site anyways, but good luck OP.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Worstluck

"Sorry, we're out of keys until Saturday, June 2nd at noon US Eastern / 9am Pacific / 1700 GMT."

but it is past that.  Maybe someone over at ten ton forgot to set their alarm? :)  Not a big fan of their site anyways, but good luck OP.

Yeah, pretty much this. It is more about professionalism than about the keys themselves.

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Worstluck

Yeah, pretty much this. It is more about professionalism than about the keys themselves.

WHole heartedly agree....I'm so mad I am going to Wal-mart........see what you made me do Tentonhammer now I have to go buy things on impulse......are you happy......I hope you are......

• necredonnecredon Member Posts: 118

17 GMT is only 10 minutes ago

Originally posted by necredon

17 GMT is only 10 minutes ago

12pm Eastern US was an hour and 16 minutes ago though

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

They probably expected more keys from Arenanet, but didn't get any more.

Then they probably got confused with all the different time zones... Some people have troubles with it.

Edit: Thanks though, now i'm refreshing the page also :(. NOT ABOUT THE KEY JUST WANT TO WINNNN

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by necredon

Then they probably got confused with all the different time zones... Some people have troubles with it.

For example I remember Anet starting the previous Beta Weekend Event one hour earlier. Of course a few minutes later the servers were down and we had to wait for the official "start" of the beta. Still, it was fun, I completed the tutorial instance before the official launch :P

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• EscafandroEscafandro Member Posts: 12
    Tentonhammer gave keys at 17:05/17:10 GMT.
    It took me about 15 minutes to get one, site was a slideshow and I didn't knew the answer, nothing a gw2hub search couldn't solve though.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Escafandro
    Tentonhammer gave keys at 17:05/17:10 GMT. It took me about 15 minutes to get one, site was a slideshow and I didn't knew the answer, nothing a gw2hub search couldn't solve though.

I have been refreshing every since that time. You are trolling, as it still hasn't been giving out.

Originally posted by Escafandro
    Tentonhammer gave keys at 17:05/17:10 GMT. It took me about 15 minutes to get one, site was a slideshow and I didn't knew the answer, nothing a gw2hub searching couldn't solve though.

So 30 minutes ago? I call bullshit, if it was open for five minutes I definitly would have seen it.

Not 30minutes ago. 1:30 ago.

Its 17.46 GMT now

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by seridan

Ten Ton Hammer dont have real forums

Also, they only had 250 keys to give away today. They have another 250 keys to give away tomorrow....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Oops. UTC not GMT. My mistake, I apologize.

Edit: It seems that UTC and GMT are the same thing. Heck! Edinburgh, London, Lisbon time.

"Sorry the keys are all gone"

Did someone see it just now? Or like me, refresh and that message?