Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What are YOU playing right now and why?

2

Comments

  • sonoggisonoggi tdot, ONPosts: 1,119Member
    Originally posted by mmaize

    Skyrim..one of the best games I've ever played in 25 years of gaming...and believe me when I say those aren't easy shoes to fill when comparing to some of the older stuff i loved.  (Ultima, Wing Commander, pretty much anything by Origin Systems, Starflight, the UFO series, Balder's Gate and all of the AD&D/Forgotten Realms.Wizards of the Coast stuff, FFVI...yeah 6 beats 7 sorry, even the newer stuff I love like the first Dragon Age (that's a tough one...really love that game), Mass Effect series, pretty much any MMO I've ever played since UO which is a crap ton.

    Seriously, I can't think of anything that can quite hold a candle to it.  The closest might be DA:O but that was so linear and therefore doesn't compete.

    i beat Skyrim on Master a couple of times, and the thing about that game is that it's just....stupid once youre geared up and enchanted. all the content is quite simply trivial past the mid levels. the game gives absolutely no challenge to veteran gamers.  i think i still put in 150-200 hours, so it was definitely worth the purchase, but to me, it has very little replayability.

  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Posts: 5,314Member Uncommon

    Right now I'm playing EQ2, this is one of the only games out there I've seen that actually lets me build a house using brick and board style.

    I'm building a huge monster castle with a throne room, small hall, kitchen, dining area, crafting area, servants quarters, storage, mage tower, main bedroom, guest bedroom, treasurey room, barracks, armory, stables, tavern and a courtyard with three gardens.  Pretty darn fun actually.

    I know atitd does this as well but EQ2 also has adenturing.  Istaria comes close by allowing my a couple thousand items to place but in EQ2 I get to actually design my own house, not choose between one of 700 or so styles.

     

    Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Somewhere, NCPosts: 1,582Member Uncommon

    I've been bitten by the sandbox bug. I'm currently playing Skyrim, Eve Online, and Ryzom.

    <3

  • keitholikeitholi biddeford, MEPosts: 138Member
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

    Right now I'm playing EQ2, this is one of the only games out there I've seen that actually lets me build a house using brick and board style.

    I'm building a huge monster castle with a throne room, small hall, kitchen, dining area, crafting area, servants quarters, storage, mage tower, main bedroom, guest bedroom, treasurey room, barracks, armory, stables, tavern and a courtyard with three gardens.  Pretty darn fun actually.

    I know atitd does this as well but EQ2 also has adenturing.  Istaria comes close by allowing my a couple thousand items to place but in EQ2 I get to actually design my own house, not choose between one of 700 or so styles.

     

     

    When did all that go in? Last I played, you basically rented a room or house from the main cities and they were already pre-planned. You basically got to redesign the interior as well as totally customize it with all your trophy loot and such, but totally customized built-from-the-ground-up now?

  • mmaizemmaize Hutto, TXPosts: 274Member
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    Originally posted by mmaize

    Skyrim..one of the best games I've ever played in 25 years of gaming...and believe me when I say those aren't easy shoes to fill when comparing to some of the older stuff i loved.  (Ultima, Wing Commander, pretty much anything by Origin Systems, Starflight, the UFO series, Balder's Gate and all of the AD&D/Forgotten Realms.Wizards of the Coast stuff, FFVI...yeah 6 beats 7 sorry, even the newer stuff I love like the first Dragon Age (that's a tough one...really love that game), Mass Effect series, pretty much any MMO I've ever played since UO which is a crap ton.

    Seriously, I can't think of anything that can quite hold a candle to it.  The closest might be DA:O but that was so linear and therefore doesn't compete.

    i beat Skyrim on Master a couple of times, and the thing about that game is that it's just....stupid once youre geared up and enchanted. all the content is quite simply trivial past the mid levels. the game gives absolutely no challenge to veteran gamers.  i think i still put in 150-200 hours, so it was definitely worth the purchase, but to me, it has very little replayability.

    This is said for the best of them.  Sure once I've got end game content almost every game out there is boring in terms of what could be considered a challenge on a combat level.  So my question to you is...what have you considered as a great game once you've reached end game skill/gear level?  The reason Skyrim is awesome is because there is no true ending.  Sure you can finish the two main quest lines but the quests don't stop.

  • SkuzSkuz WorcesterPosts: 1,034Member Uncommon

    Playing SWTOR as my main MMO (/ducks the flames & swims away) because I happen to still find it enjoyable no matter how much hate is poured on it, and because I have a great guild raiding Denova Hard Mode & I also enjoy the crafting as I have 1 of each crafter and I'm playing "gotta catch them all" with schematics.

    Playing in the TSW Beta, pre-ordered & initiate+GM pack just because I can & I think it will be a great game, atmosphere + puzzles, no classes, no levels, ability wheel (combat was meh but it's getting revamped).

    Playing in GW2 Beta, pre-purchased & enjoyed the last BWE very much.

    Playing Error 37....and sometimes Diablo III

    Also a bit of screwing around in other MMO's (F2P) when the mood takes me.

     

  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member
    Originally posted by Skuz

    Playing SWTOR as my main MMO (/ducks the flames & swims away) because I happen to still find it enjoyable no matter how much hate is poured on it, and because I have a great guild raiding Denova Hard Mode & I also enjoy the crafting as I have 1 of each crafter and I'm playing "gotta catch them all" with schematics.

    Playing in the TSW Beta, pre-ordered & initiate+GM pack just because I can & I think it will be a great game, atmosphere + puzzles, no classes, no levels, ability wheel (combat was meh but it's getting revamped).

    Playing in GW2 Beta, pre-purchased & enjoyed the last BWE very much.

    Playing Error 37....and sometimes Diablo III

    Also a bit of screwing around in other MMO's (F2P) when the mood takes me.

     

    You can't swim in TOR.

     

     

     

     

     

    /zing

    I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Posts: 5,314Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by keitholi
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

    Right now I'm playing EQ2, this is one of the only games out there I've seen that actually lets me build a house using brick and board style.

    I'm building a huge monster castle with a throne room, small hall, kitchen, dining area, crafting area, servants quarters, storage, mage tower, main bedroom, guest bedroom, treasurey room, barracks, armory, stables, tavern and a courtyard with three gardens.  Pretty darn fun actually.

    I know atitd does this as well but EQ2 also has adenturing.  Istaria comes close by allowing my a couple thousand items to place but in EQ2 I get to actually design my own house, not choose between one of 700 or so styles.

     

     

    When did all that go in? Last I played, you basically rented a room or house from the main cities and they were already pre-planned. You basically got to redesign the interior as well as totally customize it with all your trophy loot and such, but totally customized built-from-the-ground-up now?

    I actually don't know when, but I read it on the EQ2 forums 2 months ago, so thats when I started playing again.]

    There are still the houses/apartments but you can now build stuff in them.  Or you can do what I did, and bought a huge flat floating island (Tenebroush Island) and just start building.

    Here are some quick screen shots.  I'm still buidling so don't be too harsh :)

    image

    image

    image

    I love this staircase.  Took me forever to get it the way I wanted.

    image

    image

    image

     

    image

     

    Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

  • KanylKanyl a cold placePosts: 246Member Uncommon

    I am currently playing Vanguard: Saga of Heroes and Mount & Blade: Warband. Having a great time as an archer in M&B, which needs alot of skills ;) 

  • fenistilfenistil GliwicePosts: 3,005Member

    No mmo's at all.

     

    Unless we count GW2 and TSW BWE's.

     

    Not gonna play TSW after it release though.

  • pyrofreakpyrofreak In the middle of, PAPosts: 1,481Member Uncommon

    TERA

    EVE

    SoaSE:Rebellion

    LoL

     

    Those are the only games I've launched in the past 2 weeks.

    Now with 57.3% more flames!

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member

    Diablo 3, of course.

    And there is only ONE reason for me to play any game: because it is FUN.

    It probably will be my main game for at least a few week. Great game.

  • JakardJakard 98390, WAPosts: 415Member

    Diablo 3.

    Love the series and am having a blast with the game.

  • KanesterKanester WalesPosts: 374Member Uncommon

    Tera, Because it's bloody brilliant.

    image

  • tazarconantazarconan athensPosts: 1,013Member

    M&B warband ,skyrim and most of the time for 1,2 years and keep going age of wonders 2 (shadow magic) multiplayer 2 rl friends and i via hamachi.

    m&b cause its for me a grand adventure with the most realistic simulation of medieval warfare combat ,with infantry,cavalry archers.

    skyrim cause i cant start over again morrorwind for the 2.127 th time and it looks good.

    Age of wonders 2 simply cause its the best game similar to heroes of might n magic style strategy rpg ,that allows to play multiplayer with friends in Simultaneus mode (non-turn based mode)almost like real time -except combat ofcc which is turn-based.

    We r having a blast with it over a year now,we make championships with points awarded to the players for each game won,its hell of a fun and due to the great editor we can make new units add them to any of the 15 races that already exist,new heroes, new abilities, and overall we took the game to a level nowhere near it was when we first played it (edited buildings for each race amongst other various things) etc etc.

     

  • LarsaLarsa NurembergPosts: 990Member

    Wurm.

    Why? I like it, with all it's imperfections. Building my hermitage, it's getting bigger than I thought because I used some half-damaged stone walls someone else had built at that place. Thought it would be easier to repair the damage and fill-up some gaps than to build it new by myself - I reckon that wasn't a good plan. :)

    At least it keeps the spiders and bears and wolfs and worse stuff out - for now.

    I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

  • Heinz130Heinz130 sao pauloPosts: 227Member
    Tsw

    becouse archeage is not avalible yet

    WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
    FH1942 best tanker for 4years
    Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
    many other for some months

  • StrangeEyesStrangeEyes vlaardingenPosts: 119Member

    DayZ next weekend GW2 then prolly DayZ again:)

     

    CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

  • ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,332Member Uncommon

    Playing & trully enjoying TERA at the moment ! Playing as Vanarchs !!!

    democratically elected^^  (SOLEM)  FTW!

    Still waiting for GW2 thou... I guess i´ll be playing both at the end  :P

    cya at next  GW2 Beta Weekend Event anyway! :PP

     

     in TERA!                                            in GW2

    image image

    imageimage

    imageimage

    real fun & beautiful worlds! and both games are one step ahead in combat!

    TERA´s combat is AMAZING! Fun,intuitive...i cannot come back to stactic type of combat after this.

    GW2 combat is just brilliant! not as stunning graphically as TERA´s...but deeper!! 

    Combos & versatility are a major & BIG plus in GW2´S combat system!

     

    and wait for....Rift´s expansion.... Skyrim Vampiric expansion... Torch Light 2... Archeage... World of Darkness....

    good games! good games everywhere!

     

     

  • Moaky07Moaky07 Flushing, MIPosts: 2,096Member

    I have my sub to TOR I put a few hrs per month on average.

     

    I mostly play SP games on console, since I can lay in bed n keep my gut warm(Crohns Disease).

     

    I have been playing ME3, a bit of Dragons Dogma, and Witcher 2. I still have Skyrim, Max Payne 3, and several other games still waiting for when I get to them. I got a ton of games I only have a few acheivements on, and need to go back someday to help prop up my 52.5k gamerscore on 360.

    Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

  • kb4blukb4blu Fuquay Varina, NCPosts: 683Member Uncommon

    Re-installed Oblivion and having fun with that.

    Why ??  Because I think I am burned out on MMOs. Nothing out there appeals to me.

     

  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon

    CIV 4 BTES: Cavemen2cosmos. The most awesome CIV mod ever done and it makes CIV5 seems incredible dumbed down. 

    Zeppelins, rangers, steampunk, B52s, guerilla warfare and a lot more cool stuff. You can start out long before the original game and keep playing a lot longer as well. Loads of resorces to fight over as well, and fun in hotseat with a case of beer and a friend or 2.

    The reason I play it however is because I can't really seem to play a MMO after GW2s BWE.

  • dronfwardronfwar Shitty, DEPosts: 316Member

    I'm goning to play Max Payne 3 in the next days just to see if it sucks ass.

  • FonclFoncl UppsalaPosts: 197Member

    Unreal Tournament 2004: Can't get better competitive and fair pvp.

    Quake Live: Can't get better competitive and fair pvp.

    Quakeworld(quake1): Best movement of any FPS and fun fastpaced spammfest.

    Call of Duty 4 MW1: I like playing a sniper which I can't in the games above and this game always has active servers going any time of the day/night.

    Xonotic: Promising fast paced FPS that's in beta atm.

    Team fortress 2: Fun public game.

    Commandos behind enemy lines: Played it alot when I was young, installed it the other day and it's still very good :)

    Cannon fodder 3: Played the original cannon fodder and liked it, found out not long ago about cannon fodder 3. Seems like a fun mindless action game.

    Trackmania Nations: Fun online racing game with lots of custom maps.

    Diablo II LOD: Still the best ARPG released.

    Path of Exile beta: Very promising game, will be tough to beat DII though.

    Railroad tycoon 3: I enjoy transport tycoon/railroad tycoon type games so I always have one installed.

    I'm betatesting an MMO but I can't say which.

     

     

  • EmrendilEmrendil TirionPosts: 199Member

    I'm still playing Tera. Level 51 atm. Have nothing else to play atm really. Can't wait for GW2 and Neverwinter :)

2
Sign In or Register to comment.