Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: Where Shadows Lie Launching Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Paragon Studios and NCSoft have announced that the latest City of Heroes content upgrade, Issue 23: Where Shadows Lie, will officially launch today. According to the team, Where Shadows Lie brings the story arc started with Going Rogue to its epic conclusion.

As the final chapter of the Praetorian War begins, the Heroes and Villains of Paragon City must rally to halt the madness of Emperor Cole before his nefarious plans rend the dimensions asunder. Still reeling from the deaths of Statesman and Sister Psyche, heroes and villains must now harden their resolve and fight to stop Emperor Cole from shattering the dimensions. Issue 23: Where Shadows Lie launches with a heroic amount of new content and upgrades, as well as the thrilling conclusion to the Praetorian War.

Find out more on the City of Heroes site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Unless you subscribe, don't bother, there's nothing in it for free or premium people, just Incarnate stuff and a VIP only zone

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

How it should be, for the dedicated ones.  

• munecaroonmunecaroon Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

Unless you subscribe, don't bother, there's nothing in it for free or premium people, just Incarnate stuff and a VIP only zone

Hi trance

I'm a former subber who bought the Going Rogue expansion back then, now I'm a freedom player only on SOs etc but can enter Praetoria no problem

How VIP-only is Nightward?

Is Nightward like Dark Astoria/Incarnate then?

• RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154

Not sure about where you can go, but there is a lot of the Going Rogue stuff cut off from the free accounts if you bought it or not. Read up on it and was disappointed that they would do that to people who actually bought the expansion. Have to either buy char slots or sub again if I want to play all my char. Costume pieces and powers are cut off as well. Played for 4 years and can't afford several MMO's, so I dropped it cause it's one I play the least. Did'nt play that long with the GR xpansion before they went freemium and started nickle and diming for everything.