Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

no release this summer...

aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

this is a quote concerning one dev's devotion to the game and his intention to get a GW2 tatoo. he wanted to wait till release to get it, but said he couldn't wait any longer because he wanted to enjoy the tat this summer.

"About three years ago, I decided that the Guild Wars 2 logo would make an awesome tattoo, but I was going to wait for the game to ship before I had it done. But with summer coming up, I decided I couldn’t wait any longer, since I want to be able to go outside and enjoy the beautiful Seattle weather with my new tattoo."

rest of the article here: http://www.arena.net/blog/the-dev-with-the-dragon-tattoo

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Comments

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

September is my guess October at max

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by chelan

this is a quote concerning one dev's devotion to the game and his intention to get a GW2 tatoo. he wanted to wait till release to get it, but said he couldn't wait any longer because he wanted to enjoy the tat this summer.

"About three years ago, I decided that the Guild Wars 2 logo would make an awesome tattoo, but I was going to wait for the game to ship before I had it done. But with summer coming up, I decided I couldn’t wait any longer, since I want to be able to go outside and enjoy the beautiful Seattle weather with my new tattoo."

rest of the article here: http://www.arena.net/blog/the-dev-with-the-dragon-tattoo

I think he just stating he couldnt wait any longer because he wants to show it off while the weather is nice. Summer runs from June 20 to Sept 21. Still a big window and GW2 may release JulyAug/Sept. But no one really knows for sure.

• LOL - pretty soon we will have no blog posts at all as everyone nit picks them to death....That said, good find:)

• DesskawDesskaw Member Posts: 17

........................ Really?

I'm sorry, but don't conclude things too easily.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

i'd only get a tattoo if it had real meaning to me..can't stand people who have random tattoo's.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Istavaan

i'd only get a tattoo if it had real meaning to me..can't stand people who have random tattoo's.

i agree, but to give the guy credit he does mention how large a part of his life this game development has been. he looks young too, so i would think he's not exaggerating.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Delvie

LOL - pretty soon we will have no blog posts at all as everyone nit picks them to death....That said, good find:)

ha! thanks. ya i love nitpicking sometimes, even if part of me does call: BS.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

GW2's fate rests on a tattoo!  We are doomed.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

I'm also guessing a fall release date as well. They may very well wait for the Christmas season for all we know. However, I hope that won't be the case. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

hahahahahaha

wow

I knew going to maximum maginification on his photo was a bad idea...I can count all the tiny nipple bumps.  I feel I know this dev far too intimantly now.  Color of his armpit hair is TMI.  0.0

edit:...geeze...you would think that his budget would allow underwear with UNRIPPED bands.  Go figure. XD

..That being said...I wouldn't throw him out of bed. >:D

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

The game isn't ready for release. Q4 2012 or Q1 2013. That is when we might see a release.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

The game isn't ready for release. Q4 2012 or Q1 2013. That is when we might see a release.

you must know something that we common players dont know....

Either you're in the CB and you don't want to share or you just enjoy spreading despair. -_-

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Anet said they would release in 2012. So I think their mindset/deadline  is 2012 or bust.  Will this mean we will get a finished product because of their confirmation of a 2012 release? I dont know.  

IMO they could release now and I would be happy. Online games have the advantage of patches and if a developer wanted to turn GW2 into pong they could with a single patch. 

-I am here to perform logic

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by Lucrecia

hahahahahaha

wow

I knew going to maximum maginification on his photo was a bad idea...I can count all the tiny nipple bumps.  I feel I know this dev far too intimantly now.  Color of his armpit hair is TMI.  0.0

edit:...geeze...you would think that his budget would allow underwear with UNRIPPED bands.  Go figure. XD

LMAO, devs are too busy and coudn't edit the pic. Since he has a #2 on the front, wondering if he has a #1 tattoed on the rear.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Either you're in the CB and you don't want to share or you just enjoy spreading despair. -_-

Logic! Look at the great frist BWE they gave us. Yes it was great but also look at how much is yet missing from the game. What we seen was only about a 1/4 of a complete game. They still have a long ways to go before it is all completed and I think they needed the money to complete it.

I atleast hope they wait that long and don't release it without all the features like other MMOs.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

hahahahahaha

wow

..That being said...I wouldn't throw him out of bed. >:D

LOL Slut!!

That being said I am actually getting some custom earrings made with the GW2 dragon logo.. just the dragon #2's left out "guild wars".

Was kind of surprised too, looked around online for someone to do it and it was crazy expensive, $300 and up... found a guy at a local pawn shop doing them in 14k for $180.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

Logic! Look at the great frist BWE they gave us. Yes it was great but also look at how much is yet missing from the game. What we seen was only about a 1/4 of a complete game. They still have a long ways to go before it is all completed and I think they needed the money to complete it.

I atleast hope they wait that long and don't release it without all the features like other MMOs.

Must have played a different beta. As far as I recall, many released games don't have the features GW2 showed off on BWE.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

NCSOFT made him do it.

"That was easy to say."

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

I highly doubt we will see a Star-Trek-Online-esque release from Arenanet but I wouldn't be shocked if there will be initial server stability which is typical of game releases.  I'm guessing that content is gated from BWEs is because they want people to enjoy that content after release.  Sure it needs to be tested, even the end-game stuff, but that might be what they are using CB for.  I do think they'll test Sylvari/Asuras with a later BWE but mostly for stability reasons.

• Epierce41Epierce41 Member Posts: 23

It was stated that the CB build was not the most current build.  They used the one that was the most stable.  Could be plenty they've got done that they just havent moved to the CB build yet until they get it relatively stable for testing. 

I expect the next release date post to be something like:

"GW2 dev seen eating chicken nugget shaped like snowflake with 12 fries left on his plate!  GW2 coming out in December 2012!"

• Wushi75Wushi75 Member UncommonPosts: 11

I asked a salesperson at my local gamestop here in georgia and he said the release date for guid wars 2 is june 27.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

just because that zones arent available on BW dont mean they have already complete. 

the zones i play, (necro lvl 25) the game was already very polished. i would say GW2 is much close to release if the others zones are like the ones i try on BW and stress test

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I'm sure there is a dedicated team of beta testers (paid ones) that are testing the game as we speak with far more up-to-date clients. I can't imagine a big company to rely only to the masses for beta testing.... Since I'm not on that beta testing I can't be sure on the quality/readiness of the rest of the game but I'm sure they won't show us everything in the game before release and that doesn't mean anything "new" will be flawed or not polished.

I believe the release will be around Halloween, maybe a bit later. They did say they want the "Halloween" quest line in GW1 to end, I can't imagine them adding new content in GW1 while GW2 is still running (I can be wrong of course)

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by chelan

I heard MMO.Maverick got a SWTOR logo tattoo across his chest.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/