Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issued a warning for expressing my opinion, not deragtory at all.

[mod edit]

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

If I had a dollar for every one of those I got...I could buy a...pizza.

now im hungry damnit.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

There is a link to dispute the allegations

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Sure looks like trolling. You don't complain on the forums about warnings. So expect this thread to be locked quite soon.

• Zeref.DyverZeref.Dyver Member Posts: 270

Well I just did, and I'm not too worried at this point. The mod's obviously have issues, think I will find a different site to be quite honest. Also, if you think that's trolling... I am not sure what to tell you man.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

If you post anything about not viewing Guild Wars 2 as the second coming of an unnamed Deity, or about Guild Wars 2 being good enough to trade your first born for, you will get a warning from MMORPG mods. It's just how it is.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

not only trolling but off topic as well

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Ask yourself, what value did your reply add to the discussion. At best it was off topic, at worst it borders on trolling since you basically saying it sucks and offering no reasoning as to why. Also there is an appeal process to follow and discussing moderation will get you warned again.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

You guys want to maybe look up what trolling is?

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Ask yourself, what value did your reply add to the discussion. At best it was off topic, at worst it borders on trolling since you basically saying it sucks and offering no reasoning as to why. Also there is an appeal process to follow and discussing moderation will get you warned again.

Again, I plan to find a different site at this point.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Zeno89
    Originally posted by Kyleran Ask yourself, what value did your reply add to the discussion. At best it was off topic, at worst it borders on trolling since you basically saying it sucks and offering no reasoning as to why. Also there is an appeal process to follow and discussing moderation will get you warned again.
    Again, I plan to find a different site at this point.

And yet, you're still here.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• FraugnutzFraugnutz Member Posts: 69

Yes , it was trolling. Your comment had nothing to do at all with the OP's question and was not meant to be constructive in any way. And btw,  who cares? You got a warning...big freakin whoop. 

Also the guy asked if the game was worth buying a new speaker setup, I in turn said it wasn't even worth the $60 you hafta pay for the game, and doesn't have very good audio either, in turn saying that no, I did not think it was worth it.

Seems pretty on topic to me.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by graggok

This.

Also good riddance with that.

I am not GW2's biggest fan either *coughs* but what you posted is simply begging for someone to report you.

Keep criticism constructive and on topic and you don't run into stuff like that.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

This place is policed more tightly than the Chinese media.  Can't go through two pages without some kind of mod edit.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Here you go.

Good sir, I'm afraid this doesn't help your cause.

Originally posted by DarkPony

This.

I am not GW2's biggest fan either *coughs* but what you posted is simply begging for someone to report you.

Keep criticism constructive and on topic and you don't run into stuff like that.

Read the above. All I did was answer the guy's question. Jesus people.

Originally posted by Alot

Here you go.

Good sir, I'm afraid this doesn't help your cause.

Hey whaddya know? That explains a whole lot of what I didn't do. Thanks for the link, it does help my cause.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Also the guy asked if the game was worth buying a new speaker setup, I in turn said it wasn't even worth the $60 you hafta pay for the game, and doesn't have very good audio either, in turn saying that no, I did not think it was worth it.

Seems pretty on topic to me.

He asked about hardware, you told him his software sucked.

That is off topic, and trolling.

grats?

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

This.

I've been temp banned before for posting an on-topic constructive criticism review of SWTOR before its release (when the hype was the highest, in my opinion). Ever since then I've pretty much accepted the fact that the mods on this forum are PowerTripping.

Again, that's an opinion of my experience of these forums so far.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

mod edit

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

I don't know if you people are just stupid or trying to troll me now... Wow!

This.

Read the above. All I did was answer the guy's question. Jesus people.

Easiest way to explain it, and I am not saying you posted with the intent of trolling, is that the post was off topic, which is a kind of trolling, the original post was about a sound system not about GW2

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I used to have a 4.1 or 5.1 setup for Dark Age of Camelot and it was the bomb for that game especially doing buffs with the druid.

This game isn't even worth your money.

Really MMORPG.com? Really? What am I supposed to do? Just not post, or be sure to speak kindly about every game?
    I mean am I really in the wrong here guys =

Except that is trolling.

The entire question was based on speakers. YOu not only didnt' address the question you came in, gave a random deragotory mark AND didn't even bother an giving an explanaion.

How is it that you dont' realize this?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

I don't know if you people are just stupid or trying to troll me now... Wow!

and thats an example of baiting

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

It happens.

Get over it.

If it bothers you that much then contest it through them directly. All this is going to do is get you another warning or temp suspension.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

This discussion has been closed.