Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It seems that the problems are even worse in S Korea

someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Apparently the Korean players have severe log in issues because the Chinese players play on their servers too and Blizzard never placed servers in China. With as result that the Korean servers are severly crowded. The Korean players that demanded a refund because of this were refused. So now their country's FTC is looking into this lol.

"While Diablo III might be a big hit in South Korea, the country's Fair Trade Commission is looking into allegations that Blizzard refused to refund Koreans who purchased the game and were frustrated with overloaded game servers. "

Source : http://kotaku.com/5914491/korean-government-launching-diablo-iii-investigation-over-alleged-law-breaking

Might want to check the related topics there too.

I really hope that those server issues will be resolved soon for the players. But even more I hope that Blizzard will release an offline mode for single player and that upcoming games don't pull this online only crap for single player experiences.

Comments

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by someforumguy

Apparently the Korean players have severe log in issues because the Chinese players play on their servers too and Blizzard never placed servers in China. With as result that the Korean servers are severly crowded. The Korean players that demanded a refund because of this were refused. So now their country's FTC is looking into this lol.

"While Diablo III might be a big hit in South Korea, the country's Fair Trade Commission is looking into allegations that Blizzard refused to refund Koreans who purchased the game and were frustrated with overloaded game servers. "

Source : http://kotaku.com/5914491/korean-government-launching-diablo-iii-investigation-over-alleged-law-breaking

I really hope that those server issues will be resolved soon for the players. But even more I hope that Blizzard will release an offline mode for single player and that upcoming games don't pull this online only crap for single player experiences.

Blizzard: "Screw Koreans and their refunds - they beat Inferno in 3 days!"

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I can only hope that Korea brings the hammer down on Blizzard.  They have already forbidden them to have the RMAH.  Maybe they will force them to have an off-line mode.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by kb4blu

I can only hope that Korea brings the hammer down on Blizzard.  They have already forbidden them to have the RMAH.  Maybe they will force them to have an off-line mode.

Can't. They'll jut pull the game from Korea.

If it were only an issue in Korea then sure that would fix it but it's players across the globe up in arms about having an offline mode lol. So....

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Hopefully Korea forces them to give refunds to those that want them.  Blizzard does need to provide good servers for their players.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Why u people no understand that this is not a solution for many people.

Originally posted by Gajari

"While Diablo III might be a big hit in South Korea, the country's Fair Trade Commission is looking into allegations that Blizzard refused to refund Koreans who purchased the game and were frustrated with overloaded game servers. "

Source : http://kotaku.com/5914491/korean-government-launching-diablo-iii-investigation-over-alleged-law-breaking

+1

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I'm just amazed that a lot of people crying about an offline mode actually bought the game.

Vote with your wallet......right out of the window.

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

I'm just amazed that a lot of people crying about an offline mode actually bought the game.

I second this. One of the main reason why i have not purchase the game. If its a single player game then why the hell do i need to be online too play. 

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

This all goes back to a problem that has been getting worse IMO. People aren't looking at what a game is but at what their colored perceptions say it should be.

Blizzard should tell everyone of these offline yahoos to go f themselves. For the same reason Bioware should have never agreed to change Mass Effects ending. What next? Oh, I don't like the end of the movie, I'mma petition them to change it.

It isn't as if you HAD to purchase the game. You could have waited. Hell, you KNEW from the get go, Internet connection required. Says so in bright yellow letters on the box.

Now, I would have thought Blizzard coulda fixed their issues as right now it does seem like I'm paying to test their games. Died 3 times
    last night on Diablo for things outside of my control. Rubber banding, latency, and a very vicious bug where diablo would not hit me out of the claw cage. These are things Blizzard has pissed me off about but was it any worse than some of the Skyrim bugs? Not really. And that game is lauded heaps of praise.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Nice post Ikeda. Though I'm still a bit touchy on the whole Mass Effect 3 ending debacle. I feel a bit betrayed concerning that subject. I poured myself in three Mass Effect games, to get a kick in the balls at the end of Mass Effect 3. 'Artistic integrity' or not, I still think they phoned it in with those last ten minutes...bastards...

I hope Blizzard will fix the connections problems soon, they're annoying. However, they don't make the game unplayable for me. I already clocked in more then 60 hours, so claiming that Diablo 3 is unplayable would be a big, fat lie. Honestly, the backwards flying dragon in Skyrim annoyed me more, seeing that I couldn't proceed after 30 hours in the game.

I'm not saying people shouldn't complain when something is broken, but some of the 'wishes' and complaints are starting to get old. Like the whole singleplayer bit, the DRM claims and the whining about the RMAH (which isn't even ingame yet). If you don't like those, fine, don't buy the game then.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Blizzard requires people to be always online to play D3, therefore it is Blizzards responsibility to ensure that players can connect to their servers and play. At the moment they are not doing this because they are too cheap/moneygrabbing to buy more bandwidth and servers until the load settles down

Just because they think the bandwidth use is going to drop off in a few weeks/months is no excuse to willfully not allow people to use the product they have paid for. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Growing up grandma said "the customer is always right."

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

It would be easy if it was another game.

But people waited 12 years for Diablo sequel

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Ikeda

This all goes back to a problem that has been getting worse IMO. People aren't looking at what a game is but at what their colored perceptions say it should be.

Blizzard should tell everyone of these offline yahoos to go f themselves. For the same reason Bioware should have never agreed to change Mass Effects ending. What next? Oh, I don't like the end of the movie, I'mma petition them to change it.

It isn't as if you HAD to purchase the game. You could have waited. Hell, you KNEW from the get go, Internet connection required. Says so in bright yellow letters on the box.

Now, I would have thought Blizzard coulda fixed their issues as right now it does seem like I'm paying to test their games. Died 3 times
    last night on Diablo for things outside of my control. Rubber banding, latency, and a very vicious bug where diablo would not hit me out of the claw cage. These are things Blizzard has pissed me off about but was it any worse than some of the Skyrim bugs? Not really. And that game is lauded heaps of praise.

Don't worry Bobby will save you.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Growing up grandma said "the customer is always right."

That only applies to McDonalds. In all other instances, the customer is only right when the facts support it. More often than not, I have seen customers who wants something free or special treatment use that line.

As for the whole D3 mess, people just need to stop buying games from them if they don't like what they are doing. I have not and will not buy a game from them till they change thier singleplayer games to a offline mode. Rants on game forums about this is useless, what is done is done.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

game only hasted 1 week for me finished it on normal and now i dont see the point in playing it through other difficulties...i seen what happens at the end why keep repaying it?

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by kb4blu

Can't. They'll jut pull the game from Korea.

If it were only an issue in Korea then sure that would fix it but it's players across the globe up in arms about having an offline mode lol. So....

So... I don't see any other goverment trying to dispute blizzards right to do what ever the hell they want to do with THEIR PRODUCT...

Sure people in korea deserve a refund, and they'll probably get it... And that might teach blizzard a lesson for once. But they won't change anything in rest of  the world since everyones so strong on words when you're typing your opinion from the safety of your home hiding behind the IP address, but nobody want's to boycot diablo 3, with not buying it untill they get a severe loss and see what the arrogancy does to a company when it goes too far, becuase many waited to get their hands on this game for too long.... 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

In countries that are not the USA, the consumer has the balance of power, rather than the corporation. 

There are many many laws to protect the consumer from this kind of thing, and those rights are being exercised. For instance, in the UK we have the distance selling regulations, which state that any purchase made over the phone or online, basically not in a shop, is entitled to a 7 days cooling off period in which you can return the product without penalty for any reason. 

There is also the laws governing use of credit cards where if the company you purchase something from delivers something other than described, the credit card comany is jointly responsible and is required to refund you within 14days(i think). The CC company then takes it up with the retailer. 

More people should exercise these rights like the koreans are doing. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

There's never going to be an offline mode. People complained about it being crippled in SC2 but nothing was done about it.

Em, I played SCII offline quite a lot, what was crippled about it?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Gajari

I dont think so, South Korea is the land in the world that have the largest proportion of Blizzard fans.

Ignoring them would be totally retarded and while I don't always love how Blizz do stuff they are far from retarded.

I bet they will fix this soon.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Blizzard is just holding out on refunds for a bit to save the customers the embarrasment of re-purchasing the game again in a week or two.

Face it, these consumers are just wasting blizzards time calling for a refund to teach them a lesson.  Which may be well deserved, but 98% will buy the game again when the issues are resolved.  Just like 98% of S Koreas gaming population owns a copy of D3.

Blizzard is calling their bluff. 

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

The reason I posted about this is because I don't agree with companies that use what they call security measures (DRM, online play for singleplayer) at the cost of the legit player. Those are proven not to be effective in the past, which also leads me to suspect that they use 'security' as excuse and mainly do this to force the RMT AH down your throat.

Technically the way it works now is not even necessary if its just about achievements you are interested in during single player. There is no reason that you are actually connected to a server during play! The achievements could be synchronized in a seperate session the moment you achieve them, so that if the server is unavailable it doesn't make your single play unavailable. That is just design at the cost of the player.

I haven't purchased D3 myself yet, because it is forced online. I never expected the login problems becoming this severe though, but it does show that even if you are only interested in single play, you can only do so at the descretion of Blizzard. I also hope for the players and expect that those issues will be resolved soon, At the same time I hope that these issues will cause Blizzard to rethink their strategy. Atm they act like a headless chicken, the outright refusing of a refund for Korean players for example, shows to me that they are panicking. It is not the Korean players' fault that their servers are severely overcrowded with Chinese players who weren't given any servers to play on. And for the single player part you shouldnt be bothered with typical MMO launch problems to begin with(D3 is not a MMO, silly media). 

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

tbh  at some point i can see them doin it offline.they have probably sold 80% of what they expected so they have no reason to worry about fraud copies seen has the majority of peeps have already paid blizzard for nothing..those that want to play online would still have their opportunity to do so..not to mention it would be a nice thing to have the choice..then on the other hand if blizz want to be really greedy they wont do an offline

In fact actually thinking about this they have probably sold more than they expected given the fuck ups with the servers and queus.one can only hope i suppose.