Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

World of Warcraft: The Diablo Effect

2»

Comments

• JetrpgJetrpg Whitehouse, OHPosts: 2,376Member

Honestly my group of gamers are just about done with d3... and we all have full time jobs...

Inferno is not fun... it was easy enough we exploited the junk out of it .. making it kinda fun. But even then it wasn't a ton of fun... its worse now with classes and magic armor nerffed. More people = stupid scaling (its easier to solo or at the most duo everything ... i mean liek real easy in inferno... 4 man groups = no fun at all). Furthermore it is missing d2 end game .. killing lots of mobs .. on a scale ie act 1 is easy, 2 hard, 3 harder, for even more so that you needed better and better equipment to handle such areas... now the best equip hardly matters. normal mobs are a joke and elites are hard... but just boring(too much hp all of them one shot... its just a giant kite and micro, thats the only playstyle).

Only 1-2 builds per class, far less then d2 (the tree and items with max skill abilities allowed people to make ok abilities into very good ones... this doesn't exist in this game please pick build 1 or 2 and play (most based on the same abilities save 1-2).

In short d3 numbers are gonna drop and fast faster than most mmos, the game is super shallow , and inferno is totally untested by blizz.

Billz has already shown the team on d3 it has no clue. When the sorcs haxzor op armor was basiclly making them only real viable inferno class ... they nerffed it (good, you could still die easy... ps i be a Witchdr.), but what they should have done is removed the energy cut and just made it decrease damage by like 30-40%. Then some people WOULD STILL USE it to be a quasi tank. even trade off being you don't do dps damage. Nope short sighted and knee jerk just allow most big attacks to 1 shot you still.. oh well. So is the way of short sighted businessmen, for the real game dev.s have obviously left or been kicked out long ago. WD are just in a sad state and we know melee is no where were they should be.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• jdeatsjdeats Houston, TXPosts: 5Member

Love, love, love Diablo 3. All the changes they've made (health globes, et al) give this game more of an arcade feel which is exactly what it should be. I love the way multi-player is implemented.... It's just perfect. Regarding your comment on cash shop

"Another massive change that is coming is the real cash auction house (RMAH). This will go into effect soon on Diablo 3 and has the entire video game world talking. It really is Blizzard’s answer to micro-transactions and in many ways it works very well..."

I don't know what was experienced with cash shop in beta, but I do think this has yet to prove itself. Being someone who works more than 40 hours a week I love the concept. I can grind "int he real world" and spend my disposible income on hard to obtain game items. Someone with more disposible free time can grind and sell the items for real cash or cash it out as in-game gold. This is the arcade redefined.  It's beautify it should be a win-win for players and Blizzard (more so for Blizzard with all the transaction fees which are a bit ridiculous for sellers... I do think they should be charging less in transaction fees) I predict monthly subscriptions for games will be a thing of the past within 24 months and this model will be used to lure players in. Again, I'm a supporter. 

• Bushi13Bushi13 mokkelPosts: 123Member
    Originally posted by jdeats

Love, love, love Diablo 3. All the changes they've made (health globes, et al) give this game more of an arcade feel which is exactly what it should be. I love the way multi-player is implemented.... It's just perfect. Regarding your comment on cash shop

"Another massive change that is coming is the real cash auction house (RMAH). This will go into effect soon on Diablo 3 and has the entire video game world talking. It really is Blizzard’s answer to micro-transactions and in many ways it works very well..."

I don't know what was experienced with cash shop in beta, but I do think this has yet to prove itself. Being someone who works more than 40 hours a week I love the concept. I can grind "int he real world" and spend my disposible income on hard to obtain game items. Someone with more disposible free time can grind and sell the items for real cash or cash it out as in-game gold. This is the arcade redefined.  It's beautify it should be a win-win for players and Blizzard (more so for Blizzard with all the transaction fees which are a bit ridiculous for sellers... I do think they should be charging less in transaction fees) I predict monthly subscriptions for games will be a thing of the past within 24 months and this model will be used to lure players in. Again, I'm a supporter. 

The game is AWESOME, that is for sure and that is why I curse Blizzard for that Real Money Auction House.

Please have a look at this link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/25/china-prisoners-internet-gaming-scam

Is it the egg that started or te chicken, meaning we cannot know if the gold farming started first or the itemisation gaming model.

The living condittion of those people farming are way under humans rights !! You buy, you oppress, period.

BUT anyhow STOP BUYING INGAME GOLD OR ANY COMMODITY WITH REAL MONEY, for god sake.

Is it beyond belief that from your home sitting in your comfy chear by the clic of a button you actually do evil ?? you endorse that ??

Sorry for that burst but peole need to realise that oppression is under our fingertip.

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• Bonez005Bonez005 Lafayette, COPosts: 36Member

Just because China is exploiting this system, doesn't mean its a terrible system. I personaly would much rather see a RMAH in place of a subscription fee so long as its done in a way where I can still get by playing it for $15 bucks or less a month... As an avid gamer, I think its fair to say that most of us have our "less interested" months within our chosen MMO and I'd love to see how much money I've spent on MMOs that I didn't even play during certain billing cycles...

This system fixes that for me and similar people. As for D3 specificly, I'd be lying if I said I haven't been playing the hell out of it all week... Its incredibly fun solo and with friends, but I am indeed beginning to feel a bit burned out on the repetitive story and playfields. I cancelled Rift because D3 will hold me over for a spell, but I do aim to play GW2 when its released and I'm sure I won't pick up D3 again until some new content drops for it.

• qombiqombi Unknown, LAPosts: 1,180Member

I refuse to play games with RMT in them. I have less and less games to choose from but I will not be part of this garbage. Games are meant to be played for enjoyment, not shopping for digital items.

2»