Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you know why everyone plays LoL right now?

Comments

• BlueCameoBlueCameo Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Ares31

Wrong...........

Just

Wrong

RIFT has blown away the MMO competition.....If you dont like RIFT/TRION, you dont like MMO's....period

Says the guy who's signature says no game time this week or last. ;-)

"Good, honorable gamers will continue to fit the bill for the poor and lower classed people. It's just a sign of the times." ~ Anonymous. Lakexeno.com

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Or, you know, they could play LoL because they enjoy the game.

Which really has nothing to do with other games or MMORPG's quality or anything.

They simply might just enjoy playing LoL, so they keep playing it.

BUT HEY WHAT DO I KNOW

• ShankenstienShankenstien Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Z3R01
    Originally posted by Skuall
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Originally posted by emperorwings

Played it once, got called a newb for no reason so I didn't play it agian.

It can obviously change from group to group, but I've found the LOL followers the least offensive in this moba sub-genre.

i "LOL"-ED

Play Dota 2 when it officially releases. 

From what I read the game will be free to play, all Heroes will be free always (I have no idea how they plan on making money) and the game will punish people that harass others so most will be on their best behavior.

Its a much more friendly or atleast tolerable atmosphere. Bewar though, the game is much more complicated.

I think DoTA 2 is gonna be aimed at being an e-sport, they have so many features geared towards streaming and an almost entertainment network feel to what they aim at imo. So I would guess that advertisers and stuff of that kind will be a major source of revenue for them. But who knows haha they have some pretty damn smart money makers involved in gaming now days so they could come up with anything really haha.

WoW, LoTRO, AoC, DCU, EvE, RoM, Champions, Bloodline Champions, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Fallen Earth, SWTOR, EQ2, Guild Wars

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

I cannot stand the community of League of Legends. I stopped playing long ago because of that.

They almost make the Xbox Live community look good.

• ShankenstienShankenstien Member Posts: 13

Hence the use of in my opinion, to me it's just very unappealling in many ways.

WoW, LoTRO, AoC, DCU, EvE, RoM, Champions, Bloodline Champions, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Fallen Earth, SWTOR, EQ2, Guild Wars

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Caldrin

I dont play games like that, infact i think the are very very bad..

they are knid of like an RTS game but without all the good bits :(

SO no im not playing LOL..

Same.  So I guess the title of the thread is wrong.  Not "everyone" plays LoL.

And to the fellow that thinks RIFT is King of MMOs.  Speaking of LoL.....LOL.  I can't say much more than that about  "if you don't like RIFT you don't like MMOs."  Right.  WTF?   LMAO

When are people on this site going to LEARN that people have different likes and dislikes and taste in games???  I mean is that such a hard concept to grasp?  RIFT may be King to YOU, but that doesn't mean it is to everyone, that's for sure.  Geez, people.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Lonzo

There is no alternative for us MMO-Fans out there. LoL is the perfect thing to play between MMO releases and right now there is really no MMORPG out there that is really worth to play.

I played LoL, but this^^^^^ is just a no..... It has LIE all over it.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

I don't play LoL.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

15 mio people is hardly everyone.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Because e-sports is fun?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• nattkrypnattkryp Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by IPolygon

15 mio people is hardly everyone.

thats old numbers..... its much more now.. as he said "everbody" plays lol this days

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Axehilt
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Play Dota 2 when it officially releases. 

From what I read the game will be free to play, all Heroes will be free always (I have no idea how they plan on making money) and the game will punish people that harass others so most will be on their best behavior.

Its a much more friendly or atleast tolerable atmosphere. Bewar though, the game is much more complicated.

It's interesting that people negatively call games like TOR or RIFT "WOW Clones", yet when it comes to virtual carbon-copies (DOTA2 and HoN) there are some mysteriously strong supporters for that game.

Meanwhile LoL definitely is the best MOBA out there right now.  Or at least the only one applying game design to the genre (apart from the slightly different FPS-MOBA genre, which has a few rather innovative entries.)

Can't really be a Dota style game without being a variation of Dota. Its like Match 3 puzzle games. You can alter things but mostly you just match colors the whoel time.

I guess people feel strongly about MMOs because they off a deeper experience and usually have some subscription attached? 

For me I think LoL, Dota 2 and HoN are awesome and I look forward to Blizzard All-Stars & lesser known MOBAs like SMITE.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• yewsefyewsef Member CommonPosts: 335
    Originally posted by Ares31

Wrong...........

Just

Wrong

RIFT has blown away the MMO competition.....If you dont like RIFT/TRION, you dont like MMO's....period

If your definition of MMORPG is games like RIFT and if you think RIFT is the best thing that's there as an MMORPG then you're probably have no god damn clue what an MMORPG CAN be and WAS.

Rift is another Quest Driven (Hubt to Hub), D2 Itemization (Green, Blue and Purple), Gear Progression, Fast Leveling, Almost no Death Penalty, Honor PvP System where you get your reward (as if you're in a theme park collecting tickets). It has no immersion or depth. Combat is the same old reflective whack-a-mole. The difficulty between Player and Average Monster is exactly the same that exists in all MMORPGs post WoW; which equates to (EVERYTHING near your level is SOLOABLE).

I'm waiting for an MMROPG WITHOUT quest-driven content (hub to hub jumping, switching on quests so you can go to a dungeon).

I'm waiting for an MMORPG with a different itemization system (something like EQ's itemization, best that I've ever seen)

I'm waiting for an MMROPG with a faction system like (or better) than EverQuest's faction system.

I'm waiting for an MMORPG WITHOUT Auction Houses (AH ELIMINATES player-to-play trade interaction and is just a "program" in-game to destroy any kind of community potential).

I'm waiting for an MMORPG with complex economy system (kill snake, loot gold... that's retarded).

I'm waiting for a game which focus on PvE (maybe only PvE centric) where PvE content requires coordination and cooperation and offers a lot of challenges where those mage monkeys in WoW who used to aggro 10+ monsters and AoE to death would get smacked and destroyed and for a CHANGE they learn to work as a team almost pissing their pants if one mistake happens.

I'm waiting for an MMORPG where I can kill/attack ANYONE. I'm sick of Red and Green targets.

I'm waiting for an MMROPG that changes the whole WoWish standardization of MMORPGs (mining from veins scattered around the world, having the same UI, Talent Trees, Combat System, Crafting System, Modern Dance Emotes, Mounts that move like Players with WASD...etc) ALL This I do not want to see again.

I'm waiting for an MMORPG with longer leveling curves but NOT AIMED for END GAME.

I'm waiting for an MMORPG with PLENTY of Dungeons spread out the world withotu pointers at them advertising their existance with quests and plenty of dungeons per level range (No Linear Leveling Paths).

I"m waiting for a game with complex and dangerous content (equivalant to those of EverQuest's) with DEADLY traps (Befallen's Well, Najena's Jail...etc).

I'm waiting for a game with more "Community Class Skills" like in EQ Druids and Wizards can teleport, Necromancer can summon your corpse, Ranger can track for you, Enchnater can buff you, Shaman can SoW you..etc. EXPAND ON COMMUNITY SKILLS. The whole point of MMORPG is interacting with players.

I"m waiting for an MMORPG where players are not there just to lag my FPS, but are there to get involved in a community where they might ask for help or help me. They might craft and trade with me with what I need. This is not possible in the brain of the imbecile because they don't think outside the box and BECAUSE WoW-Like-MMORPGs made it so the player is ALWAYS ALWAYS BUSY doing "QUESTS" and the MMORPG always want you to do something. There's NO TIME To just stretch and relax and god forbid maybe meet "people" in the game and not just another pixelated "dude" who's doing his "quests" 24/7.

.....and more.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Because lol is a fun game?

Why would u even assume people r playing lol in between mmos? May be they dont want to play a mmo? Many play mmo for the arena combat and lol gives that to them.
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

LoL is fun but the biggest problem is that it has the single worst gaming community I've ever seen in all my years of gaming. Anyone that thinks WoW has a shitty community would be blown away with the community LoL has.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I loved DOTA in WC3, but I wasn't exactly good except on a few heroes.  I've steered clear of LOL so far mainly due to what I expect to be a horrible community.

• teethteeth Member Posts: 67

How wonderful...another "jelly is better than peanut-butter" thread. I've never played LoL and never will. If I want to hear kids whine and bitch all day, I'll go get a job in a day-care center. Pass.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Community is pretty bad, the game is great.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by just1opinion
    Originally posted by Caldrin

I dont play games like that, infact i think the are very very bad..

they are knid of like an RTS game but without all the good bits :(

SO no im not playing LOL..

Same.  So I guess the title of the thread is wrong.  Not "everyone" plays LoL.

And to the fellow that thinks RIFT is King of MMOs.  Speaking of LoL.....LOL.  I can't say much more than that about  "if you don't like RIFT you don't like MMOs."  Right.  WTF?   LMAO

When are people on this site going to LEARN that people have different likes and dislikes and taste in games???  I mean is that such a hard concept to grasp?  RIFT may be King to YOU, but that doesn't mean it is to everyone, that's for sure.  Geez, people.

Damn first of your posts I can 100% agree with :)

+ 1 

signed with both of my hand and feets

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by helthros

LoL is fun but the biggest problem is that it has the single worst gaming community I've ever seen in all my years of gaming. Anyone that thinks WoW has a shitty community would be blown away with the community LoL has.

So?

Community matters little if the game is good.

Wow is a good example.

Lol is another.

And diablo 3 .. U never talk to or see the guys u play with in public games again. The game is still great.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

So? Community matters little if the game is good. Wow is a good example. Lol is another. And diablo 3 .. U never talk to or see the guys u play with in public games again. The game is still great.

It matter more to some people than to other. 

+ some people don't really want to play games where ppl don't talk to each other or talk trash and you have to put half on people on /ignore cause of curses and trash-talk

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

some gamers just follow trends that why alot of people are playing LOL.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

So? Community matters little if the game is good. Wow is a good example. Lol is another. And diablo 3 .. U never talk to or see the guys u play with in public games again. The game is still great.

i want whatever your smoking on

95 percent of the reason why wow sucks is because of its community

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

and you say diablo 3 is great well

swtor also looked great.what matters is,how many people stick with the game after the shiney new toy no longer looks shiney anymore

my guess is,everyone will bail diablo 3 and go and buy the next shiney toy