Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Storm Legion Expansion Announced

Comments

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224

In 14 months rift has released 8 major patches and annoced an Expansion... Something to be proud of.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Alyvian

it just been out a year, and the correct thing to say would be it has more content released in its time out compared to other mmo's which would be fairly correct especially after an expansion which seems to rival Kunark (eq1's first expansion) in size

Kunark was massive, it will probably never be rivaled.  Kunark is bigger than most games.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Machines... I like hi tech in fantasy games for some reson. Final fantasy always had a lot of those things so it's cool to see it in Rift.

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

WoW! That's pretty much all I can say.

The end of the article on GS says "Expect to lose sleep fall of 2012" so hopefully we'll see by end of October or so.

• PigEyePigEye Member Posts: 78
    3 faction pvp waiting in the wings, and now a new xpac. Glad I just came back!

PigEye McNasty
    DFOUW NA

• sominatorsominator Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 53

Not sure if I'm more excited for this or 3-faction Conquest.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

7 dungeons and 3 raids.

Do not get me wrong I think all the stuff they are adding to the game is great.

People that enjoy Rift will love all this stuff.

But...

When i was playing many of the players I knew left because they ate through the 10 dungeons and three raids Trion offered within the first few months. Basically saying Rift didn't have enough endgame content to keep the playerbase happy.

From looking at this it seems the expansion will be turning all the existing content obsolete (something I never agree with) through a new level cap. 

They will be replacing 2-3 chronicles, 10 dungeons, 3 ten man raids and 3 twenty man raids with 7 dungeons, 3 raids and 1 chronicle... Wouldnt that be shrinking the amount of endgame content the game has? 

Anyway thats my issue. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Xsorus

LOTRO, and WoW right now probably have more content, SWTOR doesn't come anywhere near the amount of content and user ability of Rift though, and I play Swtor.

I'd say Rift has easily outpaced every other MMO for first year and second year content on their release though.

See the thing with Trion and Rift is... They had to whip up new content fast as the game was tiny at release, casual players saw all content within their first month. Also there is the problem of quality over quantity releasing loads of new stuff is great only if it is of a certain quality and does Trion's superfast content releases come up to standard? I'll find out soon I just won a digital copy through Raptr and as a beta player that never purchased the game its going to be very interesting to see if the Rift fans have been crying wolf or not.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Z3R01

7 dungeons and 3 raids.

But...

When i was playing many of the players I knew left because they ate through the 10 dungeons and three raids Trion offered within the first few months. Basically saying Rift didn't have enough endgame content to keep the playerbase happy.

From looking at this it seems the expansion will be turning all the existing content obsolete (something I never agree with) through a new level cap. 

They will be replacing 2-3 chronicles, 10 dungeons, 3 ten man raids and 3 twenty man raids with 7 dungeons, 3 raids and 1 chronicle... Wouldnt that be shrinking the amount of endgame content the game has? 

Anyway thats my issue. 

No, your wrong, once you left they added, New level 50 zone..Ember isle witch brung new quests, tons of new raids, dungeons and chronicles (solo duo dungeons) and much more. So they have lots of end game content, plus they added planer attunment which made the game even better then just leveling.

Originally posted by velmax

7 dungeons and 3 raids.

But...

Anyway thats my issue. 

No, your wrong, once you left they added, New level 50 zone..Ember isle witch brung new quest, tons of new raids, dungeons and chronicles (solo duo dungeons) and much more. So they have lots of end game content, plus they added planer attunment which made the game even better then just leveling.

So they will be making even more content obsolete with the expansion then? because if they raise the level all that stuff you added will be replaced by the new endgame which is 7 dungeons and 3 raids.

Am I wrong?

• Originally posted by Z3R01

Trion is pretty smart. i would guess they would increase all the raids, dungeons, chronicles, etc to level 60 to increase the ammount of content instead of decreasing it.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

Did someone really say that SWTOR features more content than Rift?

Originally posted by Daddydazzle

Trion is pretty smart. i would guess they would increase all the raids, dungeons, chronicles, etc to level 60 to increase the ammount of content instead of decreasing it.

If they did that then that would be amazing. 

Lets hope this si what happens. 

I just talked to my brother and we may come back to the game once this expansion releases for a three month stay. 

Originally posted by dead2soon

SWTOR has more questing content, Rift has more endgame stuff.

Depending on whats important to you is how you would determine which game offers more bang for the buck.

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

Hopefully, that's what they'll do. 

They should make it so all the old dungeons becomes available as level-60 Experts and Master Modes!

I'm not so sure regarding what should be done to the old raids, though...

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by dead2soon

SWTOR has more questing content, Rift has more endgame stuff.

Depending on whats important to you is how you would determine which game offers more bang for the buck.

Fair enough. I'm more about endgame and spending  tens of millions for vo work vs spending that on gameplay is an easy decision for me.

• Originally posted by StormwindX

They should make it so all the old dungeons becomes available as level-60 Experts and Master Modes!

ok wow.. i feel kinda lame here, but someone just replied to this in another thread and had a great response. we can use the montoring system to drop everyone in the raid to that level and make all content challenging again. the drops would blow, but the raids would be viable for a challenge. farming achievements, etc.

still would be nice if they upgraded the old content though. they would have to upgrade the current experts and chronicles, but that's a no brainer. the raids are what i'm curious about.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

I have to give it to Trion for releasing content this fast. First 3 faction pvp and now a full expansion with housing of all things.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Good for them.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Topped all my expectations by far :)

Simply cant wait for this to be released and knowing how Trion operate I'd expect there to be a massive world event unlike any other, cant wait...

I thought the trailer was epic also, it may have been short but was very well done. 

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by kevjards

any note of a date of release? didnt see one.i will be heading back to rift for this.

The Gamepot article said something about it coming this fall. I don't know though, this expansion is huge, how far along are they is the question to ask first.

Originally posted by StormwindX

Unless they do what WOW did and make heroic modes. ID just came out, I would hope they push all of the raids to level 60. I hope they let us trade in the gear we have been grinding as well.

7 dungeons and 3 raids.

But...

Anyway thats my issue. 

Rift has as much or more end game content than any game the same age or less. There is always something to do. Whether it be expert or master dungeons, rift raids, crafting rifts, 10 or 20 man raids, a ton of dailies. I don't PVP, but there is plenty of that going onnot to mention the non combat activities.  Not to mention crafting, which has a commuity of it's own. I never have problems finding a group, and the overall community is active and large.

They have not announced what will happen to current raids, if they will bump them to 60 or not. I would hope so since those raids figure largely in the weekly reward raids. Adding 3 to the mix would be a nice variety for end game content.

If they did that then that would be amazing. 

Lets hope this si what happens. 

I just talked to my brother and we may come back to the game once this expansion releases for a three month stay. 

Trion is very good art listening to it's players. If enough people want the current raids to be bumped to the new end game, they will do it. I for one hope they do it. 

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

all there is to do in rift at end game is dungeons or instanced pvp..like every other themepark mmo. the quest system is the most horrible system i've seen. complete this quest to do this quest and continue following the chain..its ok if you're a mindless zombie and on top that 90% of  quests are kill x of y.