Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Storm Legion Expansion Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has officially announced that Storm Legion will be the first expansion to Rift. Storm Legion will introduce two new continents, four new souls and a level cap increase to 60 in addition to the new quests and adventures that players will experience.

Gamespot has a brand new trailer to show off Storm Legion.

And how about this?

• Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara

• Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting

• Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes

• New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, and much more

See the new Storm Legion teaser page on the Rift site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

No new starting areas?

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• WhiteCrossWhiteCross Member Posts: 120

hmmm....actually looks  pretty good.

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

Gotta hand it to Trion, they are content machines.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

• Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
    •  

I laughed my ass off when I read this.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Trion is truly the best developer in the industry.  This game has more content then any other game to date and they just keep hammering out more

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Seems they are putting player housing in, or the rift equivalent.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Myrdynn
    Trion is truly the best developer in the industry.  This game has more content then any other game to date 

That is a bit excessive, is it not. And I'm mostly talking about the second part.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

any note of a date of release? didnt see one.i will be heading back to rift for this.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I am in shock!

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by Alot

Trion is truly the best developer in the industry.  This game has more content then any other game to date

That is a bit excessive, is it not. And I'm mostly talking about the second part.

[mod edit]

I dont even play RIFT, but they add more content and have more various things to do then any game out there, ok meybe not EQ1

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Myrdynn Trion is truly the best developer in the industry.  This game has more content then any other game to date    
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Edit: ^Wrong, SW:TOR, WOW and possibly TERA have all got more content than Rift.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

[mod edit]

I dont even play RIFT, but they add more content and have more various things to do then any game out there, ok meybe not EQ1

and EQ2 ! Nothing to date beats that to be honest. The amount of content and features in that game is unmatched.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

insta preorder when the preorder comes up :X

2 new continents Oo

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Definitely will be checking this out. I love TRION.  It's like if Blizzard actually cared about their games, they MIGHT make games as good as RIFT, but they don't, so we get D3.

• LolusLolus Member UncommonPosts: 29

Best MMO for quite a while, expansion is instant pre-order idd

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

have they moved away from the dungeon/raid grind yet if not im not interested.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

Trippling the games size with this expansion, so awesome!

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Myrdynn Trion is truly the best developer in the industry.  This game has more content then any other game to date    
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Edit: ^Wrong, SW:TOR, WOW and possibly TERA have all got more content than Rift.

Not sure, but you might have to add LotRO to that as well.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• LOTRO, and WoW right now probably have more content, SWTOR doesn't come anywhere near the amount of content and user ability of Rift though, and I play Swtor.

I'd say Rift has easily outpaced every other MMO for first year and second year content on their release though.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
    Originally posted by Xsorus

LOTRO, and WoW right now probably have more content, SWTOR doesn't come anywhere near the amount of content and user ability of Rift though, and I play Swtor.

I'd say Rift has easily outpaced every other MMO for first year and second year content on their release though.

it just been out a year, and the correct thing to say would be it has more content released in its time out compared to other mmo's which would be fairly correct especially after an expansion which seems to rival Kunark (eq1's first expansion) in size

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by lectrocuda

No new starting areas?

this^

im interested in the new souls and new continent but if the new continent dont have low lvl zones to add more variety of leveling areas then im out.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by lectrocuda

No new starting areas?

this^

im interested in the new souls and new continent but if the new continent dont have low lvl zones to add more variety of leveling areas then im out.

It is one new soul per class, no new classes.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

Not when you're on the payroll!

/zing

Sneaky lanterns are sneaky. Especially when they are white!

Lol this post is hilarious...Rift has much more content than ToR and TERA by far. My current game is TERA and after I hit max level I ran a few dungeons to get the best gear in the game and now I just sit around and pvp from time to time.

WoW and Lotro better have more content since they have been out years long than any of the other games mentioned.
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680

rofl tor more content.  I have 8 50s in TOR yes 8 and rift has WAY more content.

Nothing comes close to EQ2 though. 
  • teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Not when you're on the payroll!

/zing

EQ1 and EQ2 are way ahead of Trion as far as content releasing because of fast expansion cycles, but if this expansion does triple the size than the gap will be closed.

If this does come out in 2012 they have done what the game needs to survive and unlike conquest have actually addressed player wants.

Housing + tripling land mass = pure awesome

4 new souls is also a very welcome thing (battlemage please)

And the colossus the interacts with the world in different ways sounds like a step towards amiking the dynamic content actually dynamic and closer to how it was initially.