Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: May 2012 Monthly Update Published

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Age of Conan team has published its monthly update with the news that the annual survey is ready for players to complete. As an incentive for finishing the survey, players will be entered into a drawing for free premium lifetime subscriptions. The letter then goes into a bit of detail about what the team has been working on for the last month.

It genuinely does have an impact. Many of the answers in the previous surveys became the templates for specific additions, features and new content. People voted for a 12 v 12 mini-game two years ago, and that was what we made for the next mini-game. People wanted more solo instances, those arrived as well. Last year's feedback also helped shape the recent raids, the dynamic instances, the changes to the progression in Khitai, the upcoming multiple specification system, and the order in which the class changes were looked at. It helped to refine the free to play offer, and helped us with a lot of the prioritisation we have to do all the time.

Read the full letter on the Age of Conan site.

http://fize.free.fr/image/conan/SavageLandsOfChosain600.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

It's a great game but their F2P model is one of the worst I've seen. It's basically a trial to end game that limits you to certain characters bag space and dungeons. Lame if you ask me. Look at Aion F2P, now that's how you do it!

I tried to do their survey but it's boring as hell and there was no way for me to express my feelings about their failed attempt at F2P. I have stopped playing this game all together. I used to sub but I don't even want to do that.

I like Funcom strange as it may sound, I will be subbing to TSW, but very disappointed how F2P was handled for AoC and unfortunately they don't listen to that part of the players concerns.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

It's a great game but their F2P model is one of the worst I've seen. It's basically a trial to end game that limits you to certain characters bag space and dungeons. Lame if you ask me. Look at Aion F2P, now that's how you do it!

I couldn't have said it better myself. People will buy from cash shops, but they won't if they aren't playing the game.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589

Yay!! Best MMO on market. Soon three years inn on this now. All I am waiting for is the skill and crafting revamp. I am so sure the game will start accumulating players when new and better systems are in place.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Originally posted by DaSpack

Yay!! Best MMO on market. Soon three years inn on this now. All I am waiting for is the skill and crafting revamp. I am so sure the game will start accumulating players when new and better systems are in place.

I wish I shared your optimism. I like AoC a lot as well but the lack of people playing is really the biggest problem. And with all of the new mmos out or coming out I don't see any influx of people coming to play AoC.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

AoC could have been the best F2P game on the market if it wasnt run by Funcom...not only is it a pay-trap the cash shop is nuts...$70 for an xpac...$12 to unlock a character slot.

Someone mistranslated the word MICROtransactions for them.

Good game, bad company running it.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118

I am currently playing AoC, and I like it but thats my opinion :)

Thanks hope I win one of the Life Time Memberships!

Good luck to everyone!

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

Only 41 questions? Gladly supplied my feedback for a chance at a Lifetime sub.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Funny that theyre still reducing the grind in Khitan one year later after many people quit because of it.