Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you know why everyone plays LoL right now?

LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294

There is no alternative for us MMO-Fans out there. LoL is the perfect thing to play between MMO releases and right now there is really no MMORPG out there that is really worth to play.

Comments

• Ares31Ares31 Member Posts: 5

Wrong...........

Just

Wrong

RIFT has blown away the MMO competition.....If you dont like RIFT/TRION, you dont like MMO's....period

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by Ares31

Wrong...........

Just

Wrong

RIFT has blown away the MMO competition.....If you dont like RIFT/TRION, you dont like MMO's....period

What an arrogant thing to say.

I guess everyone with a different opinion to yours is wrong.

Rift is a good MMO, but it still follows the old quest hub formula, which a lot of people dislike.

So, I won't say YOU are wrong, but you definitely dont have a concept of where the MMO market is heading.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

Lol.

Oh wait: LoL image

Sure mate, every MMO-less gamer is playing LoL, because there aren't any other alternatives like, I don't know, Skyrim, or D3 or other singleplayer games or any of the F2P MMO's and multiplayer games except LoL image

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Actually any non mmorpg can be used to break the routine of gaming in the same manner day in day out.

Personally I switch to BF3 when I'm getting tired of playing mmorpgs all day.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Back in the early days of LoL, the majority of LoL players were ex-MMO PVP oriented players.

LoL made the MOBA genre mainstream, kinda like how WoW made MMO mainstream.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Rifts would look like GW2 within 6 month. 

You can see the cloning of GW2 has already begun.

Trion will copy and paste eventho it does not fit their Rifts lore.

Believe it!

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I dont play games like that, infact i think the are very very bad..

they are knid of like an RTS game but without all the good bits :(

SO no im not playing LOL..

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Played it once, got called a newb for no reason so I didn't play it agian.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by xmenty

Believe it!

What I quoted is totally off topic, but I would just wanted to point out that dynamic events is a function, not a lore piece. Dual spec is also a function and not a lore piece. As a funcion, it can be used by any mmorpg and it does not disrupt the lore by itself in any way. It actually may enchance it, since it's a pretty good storytelling tool.

Originally posted by emperorwings

It can obviously change from group to group, but I've found the LOL followers the least offensive in this moba sub-genre.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Wrong...........

Just

Wrong

rofl

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

LoL is actually a very good game, a lot of people dislike it because they dont know the little nuances of the map(s) and how lane properly, when to push when not to push, setting up ganks or baits, etc.

I admit I wasnt impressed with it at first, but once I found a few champions which I enjoyed playing and got skillful with, I started enjoying LoL a lot, especially because I was playing with friends.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Xasapis
    Originally posted by xmenty

Believe it!

What I quoted is totally off topic, but I would just wanted to point out that dynamic events is a function, not a lore piece. Dual spec is also a function and not a lore piece. As a funcion, it can be used by any mmorpg and it does not disrupt the lore by itself in any way. It actually may enchance it, since it's a pretty good storytelling tool.

Lol Xasa, I am just joking.

Its an assumption thread and everyone just assume on everything.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

I couldn't find LoL fun. = I don't think anythings wrong with the game, it's just not my cup of tea.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Lonzo

There is no alternative for us MMO-Fans out there. LoL is the perfect thing to play between MMO releases and right now there is really no MMORPG out there that is really worth to play.

Perhaps you should consider looking up the definition of, "every one."

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I feel that people play LoL because its a fun game.

Once you get around the learning curve LoL offers unlimited gameplay for the amazing price of free.

What's not to like?

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

It can obviously change from group to group, but I've found the LOL followers the least offensive in this moba sub-genre.

i "LOL"-ED

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Ashen_X

Perhaps you should consider looking up the definition of, "every one."

Agreed. There seems a good bit of projection bias in the OP.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I'd love to get into LoL, but every time I try the community just pushes me away. Yeah I can ignore the insults, racism, and negativity thrown my way for being a newb, but at the end of the day I don't want to play a game filled with those kinds of people. I've yet to meet a single decent human being in that game.

Oh well. I've better games to play anyway.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Maybe for MMORPG tourists, but MMORPG purists will continue to stay away.

OK if you are just looking for a 'game' to play rather than a world to inhabit.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Skuall

i "LOL"-ED

Play Dota 2 when it officially releases. 

From what I read the game will be free to play, all Heroes will be free always (I have no idea how they plan on making money) and the game will punish people that harass others so most will be on their best behavior.

Its a much more friendly or atleast tolerable atmosphere. Bewar though, the game is much more complicated.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Play Dota 2 when it officially releases. 

From what I read the game will be free to play, all Heroes will be free always (I have no idea how they plan on making money) and the game will punish people that harass others so most will be on their best behavior.

Its a much more friendly or atleast tolerable atmosphere. Bewar though, the game is much more complicated.

It's interesting that people negatively call games like TOR or RIFT "WOW Clones", yet when it comes to virtual carbon-copies (DOTA2 and HoN) there are some mysteriously strong supporters for that game.

Meanwhile LoL definitely is the best MOBA out there right now.  Or at least the only one applying game design to the genre (apart from the slightly different FPS-MOBA genre, which has a few rather innovative entries.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Wrong...........

Just

Wrong

I love MMO's...been playing them since 2001. (thats 11 years since your bad at math)...and I didn't care for RIFT at all. Its an "ok" game...but I've already played WOW for 2 years...so I didn't feel like playing another "wow clone"

As far as the OP is concerned...

I just started playing LOL, and while I don't think its ANYTHING like a MMO its still a great game, and a good way to kill a hour or so..

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

LoL is actually a good game. I played long enough to get Sona and long enough afterward to piss everyone off with her :3 But ultimately it's very shallow, and I don't see how it compares to even the most KTx quest-driven MMO where my characters advance and grow and do more than just lane-then-kill.

I agree though, it's a great game between MMOs....as in, something to play while an MMO is downloading.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ShankenstienShankenstien Member Posts: 13

LoL is a MOBA to begin with and people play LoL because they haven't been invited to play DoTA 2 beta or they find DoTA 2 too hard In my opinion. LoL isn't very good.

WoW, LoTRO, AoC, DCU, EvE, RoM, Champions, Bloodline Champions, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Fallen Earth, SWTOR, EQ2, Guild Wars

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Shankenstien

LoL is a MOBA to begin with and people play LoL because they haven't been invited to play DoTA 2 beta or they find DoTA 2 too hard In my opinion. LoL isn't very good.

Ouch! Isn't very good? Its got all those players, because it Isn't very good....right. You might not like it, but to MANY its very good.