Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Locating the Role Play

Greetings fellow RPers, I am... Well me. I'll get to the point, I am a serious kind of rper. I'm more for the mature kind and tend to play rather serious characters, with only one or two made just for laughs. I have recently did some scrounging through the threads here and looked around, trying to find the best MMORPGs that support a good strong RP Community, alas, it is not going so well.

As of right now, I have heard that a server on Lord of the Rings Online is an unofficial RP server and will likely be checking into that soon. Though, I do not want to limit myself to just that one game, as my mind will not allow me (creativity can be a curse). So I was wondering if you can point me in the direction of other or better MMORPGs that have a strong RP in them.

Just so you know, I was with WoW on the RP servers for a pretty long time, both Alliance and Horde. It was good at first, but since I was there when it first went to Beta... It got old after Burning Crusade, tedious after WotLK, and just annoying after Cataclysm. So I've sworn WoW off completely, haven't played in almost a year now and have no intentions of going back. The more changes they made, the more annoying the game got.

I'm a heavy RP-PvPer, and to me the abundance of Alliance or Horde Sympathizers made me annoyed with the RP there. My style is more of, I like to PvP and RP and sometimes both at the same time. Why? Maybe because I'd like to put a little style into my curbstomps. Bah, I'm rambling again.

Point: I am a heavy RP-PvPer.

Question: Is there a good community for me out there in the land of MMORPGs?

Please help?

"I do not know if I am looking at a fool who wishes to be king, or a king who is nothing more than a fool."

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by OricTheThief

Greetings fellow RPers, I am... Well me. I'll get to the point, I am a serious kind of rper. I'm more for the mature kind and tend to play rather serious characters, with only one or two made just for laughs. I have recently did some scrounging through the threads here and looked around, trying to find the best MMORPGs that support a good strong RP Community, alas, it is not going so well.

As of right now, I have heard that a server on Lord of the Rings Online is an unofficial RP server and will likely be checking into that soon. Though, I do not want to limit myself to just that one game, as my mind will not allow me (creativity can be a curse). So I was wondering if you can point me in the direction of other or better MMORPGs that have a strong RP in them.

Just so you know, I was with WoW on the RP servers for a pretty long time, both Alliance and Horde. It was good at first, but since I was there when it first went to Beta... It got old after Burning Crusade, tedious after WotLK, and just annoying after Cataclysm. So I've sworn WoW off completely, haven't played in almost a year now and have no intentions of going back. The more changes they made, the more annoying the game got.

I'm a heavy RP-PvPer, and to me the abundance of Alliance or Horde Sympathizers made me annoyed with the RP there. My style is more of, I like to PvP and RP and sometimes both at the same time. Why? Maybe because I'd like to put a little style into my curbstomps. Bah, I'm rambling again.

Point: I am a heavy RP-PvPer.

Question: Is there a good community for me out there in the land of MMORPGs?

Please help?

Age of Conan: Wiccana server (unoffical RP server) has more than a few RPing guilds.

City of Heroes or Champions Online also has a few large RPing supergroups.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• OricTheThiefOricTheThief Member Posts: 5

Wow, didn't expect that quick of a response. Thank you though! I shall check out Age of Conan as well, I had heard some about it but I was unsure.

"I do not know if I am looking at a fool who wishes to be king, or a king who is nothing more than a fool."

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Well, all 3 are free 2 play so all you will do is use some bandwidth and a little time exploring them. Give AoC a chance...its...different. Leave your previous MMO experience in the closet...especially when it comes to healing.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• OricTheThiefOricTheThief Member Posts: 5

Sounds challenging... Sounds fun. I've always been that multi-talented person who can do any class no matter how hard it may seem. Tank, DPS, Healer and Healing Tank. I am the kind of person who enjoys a challenge, I might try the other two you suggested, but I'm not big into the superhero stuff.

Edit: Struck down a typo demon that infected my post.