Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some tiny expansion pictures:

AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

video is private, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwtnsAUJbbs ,sadly but this is what i still managed to get from it:

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Those are indeed tiny pictures.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

tried making them bigger but so pixelated if i do :/

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Alyvian

video is private, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwtnsAUJbbs ,sadly but this is what i still managed to get from it:

Is that possibly a flying mount?? I realize it could be something else.Oh man can't wait for more details/pics.

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

The logo pic says "Storm Legion"... that seems to me, sadly, more like a "Let's go kill Crucia (the air dragon)"  patch than a full-fledged expansion. And that dragon in the pic does indeed somewehat resemble a bigger, meaner version of the air dragons you see in the Air raid rifts in-game.

But then again, who knows?

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193

so the first xpack is named Storm something

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Ingvar

so the first xpack is named Storm something

I guess it does make sense,when the Rift's form they do look like a storm above you.

I'm just awaiting more info on this,just giddy!

Originally posted by StormwindX

The logo pic says "Storm Legion"... that seems to me, sadly, more like a "Let's go kill Crucia (the air dragon)"  patch than a full-fledged expansion. And that dragon in the pic does indeed somewehat resemble a bigger, meaner version of the air dragons you see in the Air raid rifts in-game.

they registred a webpage and trademarks  for it aswell (www.stormlegion.com) so it seems to be the first full blown expansion for rift.

edit: and it seems likely that the dragon is crucia

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    "Just a few days ago expansion talk for RIFT was fueled by a mysterious box containing an assortment of items and emblazoned with the phrase "A Storm Is Brewing..." According to legal documents, Trion Worlds just trademarked the title Storm Legion, touching off even more speculation about a possible expansion. Some fans are already discussing what storylines might be developed in such an expansion; so far, the consensus seems to be for evolving the lore of Crucia and Regulos.

While there is no official word on an expansion, signs are certainly pointing towards one. As soon as we get more information we will pass it along."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/30/trion-trademarks-storm-legion-for-possible-next-rift-expansion/
  • StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Alyvian
    Originally posted by StormwindX

they registred a webpage and trademarks  for it aswell (www.stormlegion.com) so it seems to be the first full blown expansion for rift.

edit: and it seems likely that the dragon is crucia

Oh, okay. That makes it a tad cooler. I was just going by the logic "new dragon = new raid in a new patch", but if they can make a whole expansion out of it, then... AWESOME.

Besides, Crucia does have what it takes to be more than a cartoon villain, being the manipulative and mind-controlling bitch that she is, unlike the other bad guys who are bad guys pretty much just so they can be EVUL and eat people's faces off.

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80

So everyone knows:

The dragon likely is Crucia, the planar dragon of Air. She is 'locked' under the ice of Iron Pine Peak, in the sunken ruins of her palace.

Storm Legion = Crucia's cult. Mostly humans, some bahmi? No Kelari or Elves known so far, I think. If we're getting a new continent though, more races may be added to it and revealed as Crucia's plan is also revealed.

New continent = Seen a bit on the PTS, a few more zones may be added. Seems it MIGHT be Crucia based, just as 1.0 Rift mainland Telara was Regulos based (it may have also had spotlight on the Aelfwar/Greenscale as well, but the end that quickly with GSB raid).

So the looks of it is that Storm Legion is not simply a patch 1.x, but rather expansion worthy. But it ALSO seems a possibility that it will not be a paid expansion, but mayyyybe could follow the EVE model of yearly free expansions that may not be the size of WoW's expansions, but will still be QUITE worth it to look forward to.

We're still, as far as I know, getting at least 3 more patches this year. 1.9 is likely coming late June (with the new Summerfest annual event), 1.10 is coming imo around August/September (with possibly a new unique world event), and 1.11 for November/December (along with the Fae Yule annual event).

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

0.0 They are effectively tripling the size of their game world.  My God, Rift has to have some of the hardest working developers in the industry.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Finit
    0.0 They are effectively tripling the size of their game world.  My God, Rift has to have some of the hardest working developers in the industry.

No kidding. This is all on top of developing two other full MMO games.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Finit

No kidding. This is all on top of developing two other full MMO games.

two other dev teams are developing said other mmo's

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by SwobyJ

We're still, as far as I know, getting at least 3 more patches this year. 1.9 is likely coming late June (with the new Summerfest annual event), 1.10 is coming imo around August/September (with possibly a new unique world event), and 1.11 for November/December (along with the Fae Yule annual event).

outside of 1.9, its possible 1.10 and 1.11 have been scrapped (temporarily) due to the expansion.  The plan was obviously to have the expansion in 2013 sometime (1.11 was listed in november) but perhaps someone wisened up and realized the expansion needed to be out sooner so they pput more resources towards it.

• cybrinsanitycybrinsanity Member Posts: 106

can't wait... looks great!! err rather sounds great!

Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by SwobyJ

outside of 1.9, its possible 1.10 and 1.11 have been scrapped (temporarily) due to the expansion.  The plan was obviously to have the expansion in 2013 sometime (1.11 was listed in november) but perhaps someone wisened up and realized the expansion needed to be out sooner so they pput more resources towards it.

it is still very possible that what people read as 1.11 is actually the expansion (it showed milestones and xp1ms1-7 (if i remember right) which could very well be/have been expansion pack1 milestone 1-7

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Getting a "Interdimensional Spacedragon" vibe.