Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Raptr to Give Away 10,000 Copies of Rift

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Raptr has announced that it will be giving away 10,000 copies of Trion Worlds' Rift as well as 10,000 free upgrades to the Collector’s Edition and 10,000 Dwarven Smithy Goggles. The give away is part of the new Raptr Rewards Program that players can participate in.

WHEN: Gamers can begin redeeming Rift rewards on May 31, 2012, on Raptr.com, and are highly encouraged to join today as all rewards will be offered on a rolling first come, first served basis.

WHERE: Gamers can learn more about Raptr Rewards at http://raptr.com/rewards.

HOW: Eligibility to redeem rewards will be based on games played and ranks earned on Raptr; ranks are determined by time played and achievements unlocked. All three rewards will be available for users in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Germany.

Learn more at the links above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224

Definetly going to give some to my friends

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Another tracking service, sorry, who knows how this information could be used in a wrong manner.  No thanks.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Another tracking service, sorry, who knows how this information could be used in a wrong manner.  No thanks.

+1

• Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84

You could do a little research into that subject as opposed to automatically making the assumption.

Either way, your loss.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

will be available for users in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Germany. 

sigh they never learn

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Tenaka30

You could do a little research into that subject as opposed to automatically making the assumption.

Either way, your loss.

Only the uninformed do not grasp how dangerous some personal information can be used against you in today's society.  Note the propensity of some firms to demand to see your facebook account when hiring.  Information about game playing could also be used in such a manner.   If you are not concerned about that, you should be.

• SoulriftSoulrift Member UncommonPosts: 34

This reeks of "Scam"

• GamersHeroesGamersHeroes Member Posts: 14

Scam? This is Raptr. They've already given out free copies of Minecraft for Xbox360 as well as Gold accounts and free games.

If you haven't used the website, I suggest you start. It's awesome :D

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

People have no idea how much worth their personal information is.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

No such thing as a free lunch, if it looks to good to be true generally it is...

sorry I am with the people that see this as a scam.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

Isn't Steam, X-Box Live and Playstation Network (3 of Raptr's tie-ins) NOT already collecting this information (e.g. time you played a game) you naysayers?

• aikatearsaikatears Member UncommonPosts: 33

Scam? its a gaming IM and game tracker like xfire (but better) 

sigh

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245
    Got my copy! For those worried about it gathering information, just sign up with false info, all it does is track what games you play and how much game time you have on them
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Lol, its a digital copy & yet the restrict the regions that are eligible. lame.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

It doesn't do anything bad, they track game playing information from users and sell the data back to the companies that want it. Basically they just track game fluctuation, what popular games are being played the most, what users do when patches come out in terms of time played, things like that.

• RezoundRezound Member Posts: 8

Been using raptr for a very long time now and I love it. Especially since I can be logged into msn, google talk, xfire, and steam all with one messenger client. You can also be logged into Xbox Live, Playstation network, AIM, Yahoo, and Facebook. They have been giving rewards for some time now. A couple of months ago I earned a coupon code for 35% off Logitech G-series peripherals, which I thought was a solid discount. This just happens to be the biggest giveaway they've done so far I believe. So it's definetely not a scam by any means.

• shalhassanshalhassan Member UncommonPosts: 43

To everybody worried about personal information being abused by this service, it only asks for your gaming accounts, and time played on them. This is relatively harmless information to share.

If you have ever owned a credit card, or applied to a college or university, chances are that you have already allowed much more information to go public and be abused. The amount of time you spend video games, and the video games you choose to play is hardly a life altering amount of information to provide others.

"A single battle you have won, but so quick to think that this will be the end? I, like fear, am eternal, and in your dreams, I shall forever haunt."

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by GamersHeroes

Scam? This is Raptr. They've already given out free copies of Minecraft for Xbox360 as well as Gold accounts and free games.

If you haven't used the website, I suggest you start. It's awesome :D

I recently started using raptr and I am really liking it.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

Thanks, but no thanks.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Sorrow

No such thing as a free lunch, if it looks to good to be true generally it is...

sorry I am with the people that see this as a scam.

I don't know much about Raptr, but once I see comparisons to xfire I tune out immediately.

However, I seriously doubt Raptr paid much, if anything, to acquire the 10,000 copies of Rift.  Its a win for Raptr as it gets attention to it, and its a Win for Trion because they get more potential subs.

• 100PERCENT100PERCENT Member Posts: 35

I will do this if i have not to pay for months.

• KagnestiKagnesti Member UncommonPosts: 37

since you MUST enter your credit card number or buy a time card just to be able to activate the gift code that raptr gives you when trying to activate the code is complete BS. its not worth it unless you are willing to enter your CC info, which i will not.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

The best thing about raptr is that you win rewards for playing games. I got 35% off on any logitech peripheral when I hit experienced status on a game. I bought a logitech G300 for $25.00 with free shipping just for playing games. The cheapest new one I could find was 32.77

If you hit dedicated on one of the fps titles like call of duty, you get 60% off logitech gear. Pretty nice perk for playing games that you are going to be playing anyway.

• GennerallGennerall Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by fang06

since you MUST enter your credit card number or buy a time card just to be able to activate the gift code that raptr gives you when trying to activate the code is complete BS. its not worth it unless you are willing to enter your CC info, which i will not.

Actually just enter the rift gamecode you get into the timecard form as well, and you should get your free 30 days. Thats what I did after entering a similar offer a few days ago and now i'm playing just fine without having had to enter my CC details ^.^