Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: March On Oz: Mark Jacobs' New Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

City State Entertainment and Mark Jacobs have announced that they have officially released March on Oz. The strategy title incorporates elements from the Oz lore created by L. Frank Baum.

March On Oz™ is a RTS-style Road Defense™ game. Currently with over 50 levels (with 2 difficulty settings), mini-games, full musical score and sound effects, and with over 50 3D models and effects, it is a “AAA” game in all but the price tag. Initially released for the iPad 2 & 3, the game will move to PC, Android and other platforms later in the year, based on demand. Updates, add-ons and other DLC will also be made available through our distribution platforms.

Read more about March On Oz. Future coverage will be provided by RTSGuru.com.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Why would anyone give the guy who was the lead designer on arguably the biggest flop in MMO history (Warhammer Online) a job? Seriously, this guy should be toxic. At release, Warhammer was just pure garbage. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Wasn't he widely ignored as the former csr turned game designer hickman was well in with the ea bigwigs. Well if you believe the ealouse stuff, which is being to seem like the truth when we look at swtor.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Wasn't he widely ignored as the former csr turned game designer hickman was well in with the ea bigwigs. Well if you believe the ealouse stuff, which is being to seem like the truth when we look at swtor.

This is about Mark Jacobs, one of the original developers with Mythic for Dark Age of Camelot.  This Hickman you are talking about sounds like one of the devs from the original EverQuest.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

March on OZ doesn't exactaly look like DAOC 2 does it ; )

But hey...dude's gotta work.

Good luck Mark!

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

Mark Jacobs and Rob denton founded mythic entertainment creating dark age of camelot . Jeff Hickman was the head of CS for mythic and was moved up during warhammer online production. Jeff Hickman went onto SWTOR when the layoffs at mythic happened and the bioware merger. Mark Jacobs had little to do with warhammer online if you read the EA Louse blog , he was hardly even at the studio and he was blamed solely for the complete downfall of mythic entertainment and warhammer online. Honestly if you really want to blame failures you can blame adam gersowitz (sp) who was combat and careers for mythic for WAR , he is now one of the lead designers at Trion for Rift . Mark Jacobs was a lawyer as well as the CEO of mythic , I highly doubt he played any WAR or DAOC during the bad times nor the good ones.

• SpallieroSpalliero Member Posts: 147
    Lol that's funny Cronus I messages with mark specifically on warhammer. He takes blame cause he personal said if it fails it was himself to blame. He was hands on straight up.

Sic Luceat Lux

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

In this genre you seem to get lots of chances to redeem yourself.  Hopefully Mark learned from his past mistakes.  I wish him luck in his new enterprise.

• Orator98Orator98 Member Posts: 1

For what it's worth, I've met Mark and the entire gang at CSE.  They all seem like real stand-up people!  I'm impressed with this game as it really is for all ages and gamer types.  I'm even more impressed with Mark Jacobs the person.  When I met with him at the studio he was genuinely concerned for the staff.  He allowed them to work at their own pace and gave them room to make use of their individual talents.  He was genuinely concerned for those working with him.  In any industry it's difficult to find leaders of this caliber.  And to find it in the cut throat industry of gaming?  It takes one helluva guy to do all that!

The game itself is fun, has some phenomenal music scores and awesome graphics with incredible color.  I hope the game does well.  I'm looking forward to seeing it out for the PC!

• MastaraMastara Member Posts: 9

He needs to make DAoC 2. Swallow your pride man and give the people what we've been wanting for years! The market NEEDS a DAoC 2 at this point. All these other pvp WoW clones just aren't cutting it. We need a hardcore PVP/RVR game, something that only DAoC could ever provide and it did awesome at it. To this day, over 10 years after release, its the BEST RVR/PVP game to date!

Make DAoC 2 already!!!