Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No asura/sylvari in BWE2

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/207598410403028993

I wasn't expecting it myself.  Doesn't bother me either.

Comments

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

They will leave it for release I think. There has to be some mystery to the game when it goes live.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

They will leave it for release I think. There has to be some mystery to the game when it goes live.

Was going to make a troll post, but I cba . Im pretty sure what you say is spot on. 

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

i really hope so ...

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Weird. I wasn't expecting higher level areas, but atleast those 2, or just 1. Maybe they'll show them in further BWE.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

This again.

Hasn't Anet said they won't be showing these two races in Beta because they want to keep content exclusively for launch?

• letsxhatletsxhat Member Posts: 156

What if they charge for those two? Did they ever say they wouldn't?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by letsxhat

lol

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

They are 2 of the races that will be playable at release. They will not charge for them. Please read ALL the A.Net posts before you post.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Am I the only one that finds this hilarious? I mean if any and I do mean ANY, other developer did this.  There would be no end to the amount of post commenting on how they are hiding something.  Post on how stuff untested by the majority is bad.  As well as various other conspiracy post.  Yet Anet does it, and everything is "right as rain".  The amount of hypocrisy when it comes to Anet is just mind blowing.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

If any other developer did what exactly? Now showing 2 of their 5 planned races that everyone already knows will be available at release? They are indeed hiding 2 important races but that's all we know they will be there.... it's not like their story affects the human story for example.

At first they were only showing Humans, then they added Charr and finally the Norn. I would say they will add the Asura next and finally the Sylvari (no info on this, just a guess)

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

You know what's funny?

Hiding or not... with just 5 races... GW2 still has more variety in its races than SW:TOR. Think on that for a moment...

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by gestalt11

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/207598410403028993

I wasn't expecting it myself.  Doesn't bother me either.

Agreed.  Personally, I don't even want to see Asura/Sylvari areas or races until headstart/launch.  I like a bit of mystery and these games these days always come out with everything already spilled via news bites, beta testers, data mining, it's annoying.  I miss the days of FFXI mysteries in my MMOs.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Maybe thos two races are still just in development. Got a long time before we play this game live and they are in no rush since we all paid already.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

ther are some gameplay videos with both races around .....so what mystery? , even char creating videos around...

i just want to see the animations of both races combined with some weapons/classes .....gah :(

asura necromancer ? asura warrior? :3

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

I hope they dont add more content to the beta events, its enough content already.. They have to keep the launch day interesting, so we have a lot of new stuf to explore, including the new races.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by botrytis

They are 2 of the races that will be playable at release. They will not charge for them. Please read ALL the A.Net posts before you post.

You have not met many trolls have you?

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Originally posted by Roin

Am I the only one that finds this hilarious? I mean if any and I do mean ANY, other developer did this.  There would be no end to the amount of post commenting on how they are hiding something.  Post on how stuff untested by the majority is bad.  As well as various other conspiracy post.  Yet Anet does it, and everything is "right as rain".  The amount of hypocrisy when it comes to Anet is just mind blowing.

You've lost me. What are they hiding?

Models and animations? There are Asura and Sylvari NPCs all over the place.

Incomplete zones? The existing zones that have been shown are so full of content it wouldn't even matter if all you could do is make your Asura / Sylvari and move to another starting zone. But this isn't the case as you can see a press preview from APRIL here: http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/guild-wars-2-asura-levels-1-10-our-exclusive-hands-on-impressions/

The people who post about how untested stuff is so bad are the raiders who need to know their end-game content is going to keep them chained to their computers for months. There's no raiding in GW2... which also seems to be where most of the hate for GW2 comes from. It's almost as if raiders are afraid that so many people will be happy with a MMO that doesn't have raiding that developers will stop making games for them.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

LOL

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41

you can see those two races here and there.... there are closed beta players who tested all that... the open betas are for server loads mostly... and some WvWvW mechanics...

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Not allowing all classes or all races to be playable in the beta is not really that uncommon.

Now if they decided to postpone them until after launch things would be very different but as far as I know nothing like rhat will happen.

And no other company? Blizzard decided to wait to add D3s PvP until later and few people have complained about that, and D3 is released making it worse.

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

A bit disappointing but I expected multiple BWE so they may yet appear before release. I mean we have to test and rate the events in those areas after all, just like we did with the other 3, for the sake of balance on release. Hiding 2 races with their zones for release just for the sake of 'surprise' would be contraproductive if noone were to beta test them. So have some patience, it is ArenaNet after all not Blizzard or Bioware or Turbine, they aren't full of fail and greed :) Sorry had to throw a random punch there xD

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Originally posted by Loke666

Not allowing all classes or all races to be playable in the beta is not really that uncommon.

Now if they decided to postpone them until after launch things would be very different but as far as I know nothing like rhat will happen.

And no other company? Blizzard decided to wait to add D3s PvP until later and few people have complained about that, and D3 is released making it worse.

If ANet had said, "We're releasing PvP later." I wouldn't have bought GW2.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by OldManFunk
    Originally posted by Loke666

If ANet had said, "We're releasing PvP later." I wouldn't have bought GW2.

Me neither, at least not until the game was fixed up. But millions did with D3.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

they gotta leave some kind of wow factor

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

The amount of hyperbole from people uneducated about the thing they're critiquing is mind blowing. (<---see what happened, there?)

The content is not untested. They've already said they have a separate group of testers for content people don't have access to in the BWE's. We're stress testers, pretty much it. We may not get to see it until launch, but it's still being tested much in the same way the Closed Betas functioned, prior to the BWE's.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."