Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone still play?

timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390

Well i was thinking about playing again....but does anyone still play it? well people from mmorpg? 

Comments

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

here...just got back after a long vacation in AO

• heather001heather001 Member Posts: 16

me it's my first tym to play these....and i lyk it....  2 thumbs up!!!!   :)  :)

bleehhhh....

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

Just testing this and its quite addictive!

Generation P

yeah..the gameplay was good, if you want the classic turn based tile moving strategy gameplay, try playing the TBS mode in AO, some dungeons have that, look for the areas in some dungeons with (TBS) on the area names

• rdom69rdom69 Member Posts: 7

im still playing AO...its great and fun...i enjoy this game....

• Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133

The game is very enjoyable to lvl 100 after that the cash shop is needed more then i prefer to use it, So i stoped and have never went back.Not really into the chance items either its could cost hundreds of dollars to get 1 item you want. heh good luck and enjoy me i see it as a ripoff scam chinese grind game but to each is own they say.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Level 121, no item mall for me yet, guess I'm just pro.

Just finished off one of the biggest item mall users on my server and he was all lvl 130 mercs, hmmmmmmmm....

;)

you sir I salute for your l33t skills

I was forced to buy some premium items after reaching level 90 since the equipments are so freaking expensive, sad day for me

• Xz0mbieXXz0mbieX Member Posts: 1

Hello.

Im 130th lvl on Thebes and also not using Im for anything exept I buy health check licence for me monhtly.

Now when tbs-es are inveted after you rich 110+ lvl you can earn nice gold for yourself.I earn 1-1.3 bil each week from it.

Game is still great,a lot of things to do.Also there are skirmishes (battles with mobs but with rules as in tbs battles) which give good exp and cash. If you want money you can earn it also after 90th lvl by doing gonzu dungeon.

But the points is,higher lvl you are,more lvl you get,and 110+ ppl can get quite enaugh money for normal living.

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

It got a little slow-paced after a while.

I mean, grinding in WoW is also slow-paced, but I came from Guild Wars, where you have 8 skills and enemies that are generally higher level than you. So, it was pretty slow-paced compared to that.

• breakertakerbreakertaker Member Posts: 4

left the game when empress came out. i would like to try this game again when i heard that the valkyrie would be released.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

I took a 6 month break and returned about 2 weeks ago, game is a lot better then when I left.  Even more things to do now and faster/easier ways to gain gold/exp.

Running into lvl 130+ in FL and still beating them in FL as a lvl 120 with lvl 100-120 merc formations.

AO still remains the best MMORPG.

• aekeemaekeem Member Posts: 14

That's weird when I quit playing this they were taking away a lot of the ways to gain XP and money that didn't require item mall, and FL was filled with item mall heroes running snipe or spike builds, so its odd to hear people claiming they suddenly went the exact opposite route.  To the guy saying he beats 130 with level 100 mercs are you playing CL or are we talking AB vs manual?

Originally posted by aekeem

That's weird when I quit playing this they were taking away a lot of the ways to gain XP and money that didn't require item mall, and FL was filled with item mall heroes running snipe or spike builds, so its odd to hear people claiming they suddenly went the exact opposite route.  To the guy saying he beats 130 with level 100 mercs are you playing CL or are we talking AB vs manual?

I heard a lot of new builds and tactics developed from the Item Mall Boycotters. A significant portion of people who still play and are at that level are part of the Boycotters.

But Nexon is taking over. The good thing is that unlike nDoors, Nexon gives you what it says it will. Unfortunately, things are more heavily priced usually. But, that usually means most people won't rely too much on the Item Mall. After all, in the Big Bang in MapleStory for instance, although the newer classes require Nexon Cash to max some important skills, they also threw in a lot of good skills in other classes to balance it out. And they cut the EXP required to level a second time, making 2x EXP coupons less desirable.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

While I know some players do get by without spending money, at the same time, in the 3 weeks I've been back I've seen a lot of players spending a lot.

Top people on my server selling Atlas Ore (which is likely not being resold, but straight from the item mall) and seeing their name pop-up in mount boxes.

I'm sure if you make a career of it, like some seem to do, maybe you can stay ahead. But I wouldn't bet on it.

And considering it's by far the most expensive item mall on the planet, I don't see how Nexon can make it any worse.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Originally posted by trancejeremy

While I know some players do get by without spending money, at the same time, in the 3 weeks I've been back I've seen a lot of players spending a lot.

Top people on my server selling Atlas Ore (which is likely not being resold, but straight from the item mall) and seeing their name pop-up in mount boxes.

I'm sure if you make a career of it, like some seem to do, maybe you can stay ahead. But I wouldn't bet on it.

And considering it's by far the most expensive item mall on the planet, I don't see how Nexon can make it any worse.

Think about how long the game has been out. If someone plays like, 3 hours a week from the start, they could definitely be an extremely high level.

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

Nope I'm not playing anymore. Although I must say that I enjoyed my stay in Atlantica. I really like turn-based games. That's actually the reason why I tried this game while I was browsing through a list of MMORPGs.

The main reason I quit was that the items are too expensive. I managed to reach level 100, got a pirate, played a bit, then quit. It's too hard to be competitive both in PVP and PVE when you reach level 100 if you're not a cash shop user. And even at lower levels, I'm almost always under-equipped. That's the reason I never joined Free League again when I learned from a guildmate that there's a Coliseum League that disregards the effects of equipments.

So just a tip, if you're not a cash shop user, Atlantica can keep you entertained without using cash shop until so and so level depending on your tolerance. But it's highly improbable to reach end game without using cash shop. :p

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
    Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
    Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

• robbert777robbert777 Member Posts: 9

im not spending any money but still be able to purchase from the cashshop, i just make a new email, go to the tab saying get free nx cash, fill the surveys and my new email, and i get free nx cash, whats the problem?

For infinity

• adiktusadiktus Member Posts: 128

I also stopped playing several months ago, even before Nexon took it from Ndoors. I'm level 100 when I stopped because items are extremely expensive. I'm also not a cash shop user too. I just went back again three or four days ago. Just in time to get enough flyers to get a title before Valhalla event ended. Haha.

Anyway, I just went back because I miss the game. Items are still expensive, but I don't do much PVP anyway. Whenever I do, I play CL. I played CL ever since level 60 or 70, because I'm always underequipped. So I guess I'm going to continue playing it again. CL is good for people with bad equipments but are good at strategizing.

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55

I used to play this game heavily back then. When my kid werent born. That must be 2 years ago or so. Ive gotten to lvl 117 then ive made a maniac(chainsaw) and got bored leveling all over again. Maniac is like lvl 100 and merc 70 LOL. This game got me addicted like no other game did. I didnt bought anything,werent top either. I think that nowadays you need to know that its impossible for you to be first. Because people will alwais buy gold with their money. No matter the game. Gold seller site that run farm bot are everywhere,on everygame. So knowing that,you need to find a game that you like to play with. Not to get high end stuff and boost your ego. But a game you enjoy playing. A game with a grind that doesnt feel like a grind at all. Sure you might get excite about reaching some level or getting some merc. But consider those as a goal. Something you'll reach someday. Fuck i miss this game. I think imma check if my character still exist and give this game another fair try.

I was on the Delphi server. If anyone want to friend or something feel free to PM me here and tell me your name or email. A game is alwais better with people around.

On a side note,i dont spend my paycheck on the game but like 15$ a month,for the blessing license. (dunn if those still exist tough). And never had problem at all. Sure other were stronger.Sure other was having an easier time. But ive never liked eays mode so,guess its part of the game.  Left because i got bored lvling another toon + all the cash shop drama made half my guild quit so...thats it. I miss this game badly i guess. The gameplay is amazing.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Way to focused on the cash shop to be the right game for me. It's to bad because I really like the turn base combat. 

• CronixCinemaCronixCinema Member Posts: 2

well i don't know if anyone still replies on this forum but if you do. I need help really quick so hopefully someone replies sometime soon.

I've never played AO but I want to, I downloaded the game and made my account but when I press play it gives me a nexon thing and says instillation failed.  I've tried probably over 9000times, and it's starting to really make me mad. 

So if someone sees this please let me know what's going on.   Thanks :D

• SereneBlueSereneBlue Member Posts: 32

My boyfriend and I have played this game since maybe a few months after launch. We've been at it so long we've been in 3 guilds as we both survived longer at daily playing than the guilds themselves we were members of existed.

We're both Staff Mains. He's lvl 130. I'm 129.  Neither one of us are heavy PvPers although we do engage in PvP daily simply because you get extra TBS points for doing so. Neither of us is uber-geared. I'm definitely not as even my BF definitely out-classes me when it comes to gear. I'm in Division 5 (I think that's the lowest Division level someone my level - 129 - is permitted to go ) and my mercs are still wearing things like Divine and Freezing gear. Which compared to the cash shoppers is pretty pathetic. Despite that I actually manage to win about half the PvP battles I enter into.

A few of my miscellaneous observations.

For PvP there are 2 options.

Free League - which is what the game started with. It's still there truckin along same as always. Good gear definitely helps but even so - much to my surprise - I with my sucky equipped mercs have managed to win a fairly decent amount of the time. And I don't even like PvP (only reason I do it daily is to get those extra TBS points you earn by engaging in it - did I mention I LOVE AO's optional TBS boards?  )

Coliseum League - a newer, separate PvP arena where gear and accessories, etc are zero effect on the battles. CL imo seems to rely on building a good merc team and a bit more strategic use of their inate attacks, skills, etc than what gear might be equipped. Imagine everyone set to level 100 with the exact same gear. It's sort of like that.

As far as cash shop yes...the game is completely reliant upon cash shop revenue to survive. There is NO subscription option available. Honestly I wish they'd have both options available as I've seen more and more games move toward. Example: for X amount per month you get X amount of points which can be used on anything in the cash shop.

Or one can just avoid Cash Shop altogether. It IS possible to play the game to a high level without ever using the cash shop.

However...

If you do not use the cash shop for any help then I'd say do your best to PvE in a party in the later stages of the game. The enemy mobs are very powerful  (imo) vis-a-vis even me and my BF.  Be sure you become a member of an active guild. One that gives guild feasts regularly. Guild feasts are HUGE help in buffing up yourself and your mercs vis-a-vis the mobs. My BF and I have NEVER bought nor used the blessing licenses that are so popular with cash shoppers. Guild Feasts go a long way to negating the need for any kind of blessing license. Also...playing the game with at least one other person goes a long way to negating the need for a blessing license.

Also...once you finally get to it's level you can run Momotaro and reset it as needed. One of the quest rewards is a set of blessing potions which basically are blessing licenses in potion form. Combined with guild feasts and title buffs even a solo player has a shot at even the highest level mobs. Albeit what we do is find one mob (if they are our level or higher) who seems to be kind of far off from the rest of the group and fight that ONE rank. That also is a good strategy for a solo player.

One nice thing is that from what I can tell just about everything that's in the cash shop can be bought from other players in game as well. Albeit you'll have to put in grind time to get the in-game money to do so but it IS possible. Every mount my BF and I have (he has a Huge book full of 'em), every costume we own (ditto), even cash shop mercs  - we got in-game with in-game money from other players. Unlike some other MMOs I've played costumes, accessories don't bind upon equipping so they can be freely auctioned off, set up your own sales stall or just set up for sale in the games general market. So that's three ways to sell your old stuff and make money.

The only thing I regularly buy from the cash shop is the 90 day auto-battle license. But even that has been lowered as a necessity as a patch (last year?) let you put all your mercs on auto-batle (or just some of them - you can pick and choose which ones you want to automate and which you still want manual control over). Or with the click of a button you can tell the game to automate all your mercs. So the auto-battle license now is mainly just to put yourself on auto-battle too. Sometimes it's a nice convenience I like but it's not necessary.

The health check license is useful for people who don't hire the canoneer merc. If you have a canoneer merc in your party (which I do) he has a skill which duplicates the health check license plus debuffs the mob you're facing to boot (something the health check license doesn't do). But even if you don't have either the mobs themselves visually show when they're close to death. They start to 'wilt' and droop right in front of you.

I know a lot of people hate cash shop games and sometimes I do understand where they're coming from. But on the other hand I remember these games are not charities. They must find some way to survive. No one likes to give their daily labor for free. We have a word for that - slavery. 

In the end I do not really consider Atlantica Online a *bad* cash shop game. That is - the kind of MMO that gives advantages solely to the cash shop gamers and Never ever ever lets non-cash shoppers have the chance to aquire game advantage items as well. AO is mostly a proposition. If you don't want or simply can't spend money in the cash shop for things like the auto-battle license then you can grind for the in-game money to get them from other players instead (or learn to craft some of them). But to my knowledge I haven't found anything in the cash shop that's not also available at some point to non-cash shoppers.

The one thing I do not know is about the cash shop mercs. I think you can also get those in-game but at a very high price. Not sure about that though as I don't do cash shop mercs.

I do wish they would come out with new monsters. And the North American continent is ridiculously un-inhabited compared to most other places.

To the guy who was having problems installing the game I am sorry to hear that. Hope you found a solution.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Not been on in ages and ages, I think my main was around Level 90-95 or so, had a lot of fun on this one though and would recommend it to anyone looking for a different style game.

• killkoolkillkool Member UncommonPosts: 83

Nice post i play now 5 months. and sofar i like it. Also play other online games like eve-online which i pay a yearley fee for.

But also 150 other games. Did play Legends of Mir II, but that game stopped.

I just became lvl 100 with one character and i must admit the prices for equipment are high. So lots of training centers now and lots of pve and I am not a pvp'er.

I was in a good guild till a character know as "Luna06" threw me out of the nation. Some people are just not King worthy material.

I am a new guild now and a like there too.

I play every day now.

AK