Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: British Tanks Getting Ready to Rumble

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced that iconic WWII British tanks will soon be rolling into World of Tanks. Players will be able to destroy their enemies with tanks including Crusader, Black Prince, Centurion and Conqueror. Check out the just-released trailer to see them in action.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

2 bad it's going to take an eternity for them to be playable. I would say more than one year.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

Russian tanks will still be better

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

I always wondered where the british tanks were. Figured they were not in there because Britain used so many American tanks (M3 Lee, M4). Any word on Nation battles?

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Yawn, more pay-to-win...

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Same MatchMaker.

Pass

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Same MatchMaker.

Pass

Pretty much this ^

Pass on WoT until they FIX their MatchMaker. It's currently designed to FORCE players into spending a crap ton of money to compete. My clan members were averaging $40/month on WoT just to compete with other players. We finally dropped it when they started nerfing tanks across the board but leaving Russian Armor alone.

Despite what people would like to believe on the official forums there IS a major Soviet bias on the dev staff. 

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Cant wait to get my hands on these :) really enjoying WOT at the moment :)

nothing wrong with the match maker really.. had a few matches as a T3 tank destroyer where i was put up against very hard teams but it was still fun trying to avoid the enemy and get pot shots off when i could..

Let me think what ive spent of WOT.. yeah maybe £20 so far and half of that was setting up a clan and the rest went on training.. i dont plan on spending anything else and so far I have not needed to... sure ive not maxed out any trees yet but im having a blast playing and thats what counts.

SOmetimes matchmaker puts you in a situation where you literally can't do anything but die. I understand that they are trying to keep match population up, but this encourages afk'ing and suicide scouting.

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

They just need to reduce the range of possible battles. Being tier 5 in a tier 9 battle is silly. Same with tier 6-10. Max range should be 3 tiers. So you'd get tier 8, 9, 10 at the top. Sorry scout vehicles, but stick to scouting in battles where you can actually do something besides die in one shot (heck, most scout people I know would prefer not to be in tier 9 battles as a tier 4 scout vehicle...).

• sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

i disagree on the pay to win thing. I regularly beat the gold tanks with my normal ones. Sure they are tough, but tactics will win out over that every time.

And the best part is most people that buy the gold tanks are terrible at tactics anyways :)

I am not exactlty happy with the matchmaker but even in a T10 battle my t6 KV-1S can damage the 10's  Not a lot, but if you have a smart team, your distraction can bring the other big tanks in to take out the enemy.

Skill outweighs rank and gold every time.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Same MatchMaker.

Pass

Pretty much this ^

Pass on WoT until they FIX their MatchMaker. It's currently designed to FORCE players into spending a crap ton of money to compete. My clan members were averaging $40/month on WoT just to compete with other players. We finally dropped it when they started nerfing tanks across the board but leaving Russian Armor alone.

Despite what people would like to believe on the official forums there IS a major Soviet bias on the dev staff. 

Sadly the developers do not care about the issue as this game concept is great overall. 

To put it Matchmaker into MMO/MMORPG perspective you que for random PvP in WoW as a level 60 and you get placed into a level 80 BG.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

there is no reason to spend 40 dollars a month on this game just to compete.  i spend 15 bucks a month to buy a premium account for the increased exp and credits.  that is it.  anyone that spends 40 bucks a month to compete is a horrible player and they are still not competting, they are just pissing money away.  people spend alot more money on converting exp to get a higher tier tank faster, that is it.  gold ammo is the only thing you can buy that gives any type of combat advantage and that advantage is very small.  more pen, no more damage and apcr rounds are affected more by shell normalization and range.

other than gold shells there is no amount of money you can spend that is gonna help you compete with other players, just skill and knowledge.  as far as matchmaker, yeah it has a few issues but the biggest problem with the matchmaker for the whiny north american server is american players are used to having their butt kissed by devs and used to getting everything their way and they always want to be top tier.  in this game you wont always be top tier, sometime you are gonna have to fight tanks that are just better than your tank.  it is done this way to keep the really good players from always winning.  doesnt matter how good of a player I am if my tank is outclassed I will lose generally.  its like that so the bads can win some games also, just a fact of the game, either deal with it or dont play, but if you like the game, and find the game fun, just accept a loss about 30 percent of the time or work up to top tier and play nothing but top tier. 

for the record the game is alot of fun, bad players are making it hard to play though.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

The obvious bias from the developers puts me off, balance isn't right at all in this game.

Originally posted by hardicon

there is no reason to spend 40 dollars a month on this game just to compete.  i spend 15 bucks a month to buy a premium account for the increased exp and credits.  that is it.  anyone that spends 40 bucks a month to compete is a horrible player and they are still not competting, they are just pissing money away.  people spend alot more money on converting exp to get a higher tier tank faster, that is it.  gold ammo is the only thing you can buy that gives any type of combat advantage and that advantage is very small.  more pen, no more damage and apcr rounds are affected more by shell normalization and range.

other than gold shells there is no amount of money you can spend that is gonna help you compete with other players, just skill and knowledge.  as far as matchmaker, yeah it has a few issues but the biggest problem with the matchmaker for the whiny north american server is american players are used to having their butt kissed by devs and used to getting everything their way and they always want to be top tier.  in this game you wont always be top tier, sometime you are gonna have to fight tanks that are just better than your tank.  it is done this way to keep the really good players from always winning.  doesnt matter how good of a player I am if my tank is outclassed I will lose generally.  its like that so the bads can win some games also, just a fact of the game, either deal with it or dont play, but if you like the game, and find the game fun, just accept a loss about 30 percent of the time or work up to top tier and play nothing but top tier. 

for the record the game is alot of fun, bad players are making it hard to play though.

Yes it must be bad players, typical defense of failed game mechanic.

You forgot to mention that the EU server has same matchmaker complaints and solutions as the NA server.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/81214-official-matchmaking-feedback-thread/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/123544-official-73-matchmaker-discussion/

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335

how would I know what the eu servers are saying. I dont play there so I dont go to their forums.  I could care less what goes on in their forums.

yes if you are having to spend tons of money to compete with other tanks then that is bad players.  nothing wrong with the pen mechanics or armor of the tanks. any tier 5 tank can take on any other tier 5 tank and do fairly well, same for every tier.  they just cant take on tier ten tanks and expect to do well.  people can compete for free in this game, no money required.  now if you want to keep up with some of the players then yeah might have to spend some money but not to compete.  a free to play tier 6 is gonna work just like my premium account tier 6 tank, I get no bonus to damage or pen for having a premium account.  this game is far from pay 2 win.  gold shells is about the only benefit and if you want to spend 2 dollars a game for 25 percent more penetration on your shells just to lose, feel free, I wont be doing it.

btw this has nothing to do with matchmaker, matchmaker does have some issues with too big of a range for certain tanks, tier 5 got fixed last patch, im sure we will see tier 6 getting fixed in a patch or two.  other than that the matchmaker is fine. if you play tier nine or ten primarily the mm is fine or if you play tiers 1 through 3 the mm is fine.  its just tiers 4-6 that is bad and mid tiers are generally bad in any mmo.

• TwitchnTwitchn Member Posts: 33

Match maker is horrible but the game is great and does not cost much at all to play.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452

The only reason you would need to spend money to remain competative is if you are playing in Clan Wars and you are severely under-gunned for the battles you are selecting. Aside from that, you can play for free and never worry about being under-geared or under-gunned.

Tier 8 gold tanks (Real $$) are all worse than fully upgraded Tier 8 free tanks. Below that, it doesn't matter as much but its not bad aside from one or two exceptions.

The matchmaker is fairly annoying. Too often will it leave some people in completely useless situations. But the matchmaker (actual pairing of tanks/people) is less impacting as the wide variance of individual player skill, which frequently turns the round into a total stomp.

Some form of Elo system added  into the MM will help. I don't believe there is any consideration of player skill/record involved in the matchmaker.

I do understand how MM can be frustrating at times... I just don't understand why people would quit over it if they weren't already going to quit the game.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by NightCloak

The matchmaker is fairly annoying. Too often will it leave some people in completely useless situations.

Matchmaking isn't an issue.

It is a lack of role for lower tier tanks. Back in closed beta it was way harder to hit fast moving targets and the game was more dynamic. Nowadays the game is camp and snooze fest... :(

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i wonder what they will do with the churchhill gold tank now... that has been out since almost CB... seeing as thats one of the brits prime tanks seems strange to have both a gold and a free version... 

not that i need more tanks to waste days leveling up with the shody matchmaker, wish they would tune that that you didnt get put in a matches you cant dent the tanks on.

nothing like having my marder 2 in a match where it can only dent the Trees on the other side.  or my stuart playing hide the tank from the 1 shot sallys >>" 

game is alright in the low-mid tiers 1-5 range after that it still seems to be as broken as it was in CB.  best choice if playing WoT is to find a tank you like and enjoy using and just play with it. dont bother upgrading or anything just stick to that tank.. less headaches

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

Crap matchmaker

Crap spotting system

Crap ptw design

Still not a mmo

• GilwenGilwen Member UncommonPosts: 48

I thought April fools day was on April 1st and not on May 30th? Come on, flying tanks and what not on that trailer.

They could have atleast used the games own engine to make a video, unless they have finally noticed that it really sucks on videos.

It is nice that they bring more trees and options on ehat to drive to the game, but there is big problem in bringing post war tanks to same fights as the original tanks, which were mostly WW2 tanks and concepts. The problem is easily seen in the French tanks, but almost all the new tanks we have seen have been better than the old, same tier and type, tanks.

Originally posted by finnmacool1

Crap matchmaker

Crap spotting system

Crap ptw design

Still not a mmo

I forgot about the spotting system. Man what a piece of garbage that mechanic is. I can see not seeing tanks at a long range, but when they are close and you still can't see them even through the gunsight, that's just dumb. Under 400 yds that spotting system needs to just be off.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

you mean you guys don't like a 70 ton tank hiding in a small bush shooting you while completely invisible even though he is right in front of you? come on thats completely fair LOL

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Pft, best tanks have always been German Panzer. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    Originally posted by Ecoces

you mean you guys don't like a 70 ton tank hiding in a small bush shooting you while completely invisible even though he is right in front of you? come on thats completely fair LOL

ROFL its even better when its like a M3 lee or panzer 3/4 with the huge dom, hiding in a road side shrub  some how the tank crews are drunk or blind eh :P

example of magical hiding bushes

, <- bush  = < top of tank 

,=, <- tank hiding between 2 shrubs... but cant be seen LOLOL