Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise -- Back from the dead...

MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Earthrise seems to be back from the dead:  http://play-earthrise.com/?x=press

I never got to play it as I was happy in an MMO and when I'm happy, I don't care about other MMOs.    By the time I heard of it, it was dead.  But now it's going to be somewhat revamped and made F2P.  

Comments

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

"Wuppertal, May 10 2012 - Wuppertal-based development studio SilentFuture has taken over the online science-fiction roll-paying game "Earthrise""

sheesh, they should at least run a spell check.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

I never heard of them.

They claim to be in the MMO business, what exactly did they do?

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267

I was in the Alpha and Beta for Earthrise, and through the whole experience I felt that the game had a lot of potential. However due to several factors, and lack of funding chief amongst them, that potential wasn't realized.

Masthead is no longer in control of Earthrise, and I have no knowledge of their new owners. As far as the F2P conversion is concerned, I'll have to wait and see. Generally speaking though, I'm not fond of F2P because its been my experience that most companies, while promising 'cosmetic' only, simply cannot resist the slide towards pay to win. That scheme always ruins the game in my opinion, and creates a barrier between cash-rich and cash-poor players, along with newbies and veterans.

I'm also concerned how the new owner will tinker with the lore and gameplay mechanics in order to facilitate F2P, Earthrise was a serious and realistic setting, and I hope they don't "kindergarten-ize" it in order for it to appeal to a wider audience.

So, only time will tell.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Nevulus

"Wuppertal, May 10 2012 - Wuppertal-based development studio SilentFuture has taken over the online science-fiction roll-paying game "Earthrise""

sheesh, they should at least run a spell check.

lol just looked at this and actually stopped for a moment...... Roll paying game? lol at least it will be free now

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    That's all good and all going F2P, but have they fixed the numerous game breaking problems and major balance problems? Hopefully the facelift they talk about is what they are referring too. I guess time will tell.
  • dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

roll-playing game. LOL

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I'll try it out if it means I get on the pay roll.

• mmo-icemmo-ice Member Posts: 43
    I remember when this game first came out lots of problems. I will have to go take a second look just to see whats become of it. Now what I would really like to see come back is Tabula Rasa that game had potential.