Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG returning?

Comments

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

I know what I would like it to be.

I would like it to be Republic Commando II.

Not holding my breath though.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by darkbamy
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by stragen001

Its not going to be SWG.

Seriously, get over it. Its dead, gone and buried and rightfully so.

It is not dead, it has been on leave, getting reworked

uhu ye...and Elvis lives down the street next to santa >_<

He does not. Everyone knows that Elvis went back to his home in outer space. K said so;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

I wish I could be this delusional. I honestly lack the complete lack of self-awareness and logic-supression needed to do it.

True performance art this post is.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    It's a new franchise so sadly, no. Lucasarts has been registering multiple domains with 1313 in the names. That was an Alias Boba Fet used.
  • superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by dumpcat
    It's a new franchise so sadly, no. Lucasarts has been registering multiple domains with 1313 in the names. That was an Alias Boba Fet used.

Maybe they will extract the Bounty Hunter system from SWG and make a MMO around that, call it SW1313 and then expand it over the years, and in the end it will resemble SWG but be called something else? So it will be SWG but will not be called SWG!

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Or the CU that was meant to be, that people actually liked. Apparently there was more than one version of the CU, and they put in the worse one.

The CU was flawed in both its versions, according to my reading of the original design documents. That said, even the released version could have thrived if they had not insisted on shoe-horning in the level system.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Thane

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

Right on!  When have they EVER used that phrase other than with SWG?  image

My guess is it'll be some single player stuff based on the clone wars animated, but I hope I'm wrong. 

Also, remember folks talking about Force Unleashed being jaw dropping... thought mine must be wired shut.

I'm hoping for a rebirth of the X-wing/Tie Fighter space game... dare to dream...

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by jinxit

It's obviously, StarWars: Cantina Band Hero

That would be awesome... "YES!!!  I just unlocked Jabba's Palace!"  image

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Quizar1973

I wish more then anyone else that SWG Pre NGE will come back...But thats not whats gonna happen...It says its the NEXT Chapter in the Star Wars Universe...SWG is the old chapter....And when it says Return to a Galexy Far away it could mean anything...Mabye the Old Republic Games are coming back...But i seriouslly dont think SWG is comin back...

/sigh

The slogan says exactly that!  "Return to a Galaxy Far Away" .

It means just that. You are going back to the Galaxy of the Star Wars Universe. That's it.

It says return because everyone has already left SWTOR.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Since it's a new franchise, we can eliminate the following, in order:

Not Star Wars Galaxies

Not related to Knights of the Olde Republic

Not related to Battlefront

Not related to Dark Forces/Jedi Knight

Not related to the Force Unleashed

Not related to Bounty Hunter

Not related to Teras Kasi

Not related to X-Wing/Tie Fighter/Rogue Squadron

Not related to Rebel Assault

Not related to Yoda Stories

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that leaves us with smuggling and moisture farming; therefore I'm going to hedge my bet:

• If Rockstar games is making it, then look forward to Grand Theft Falcon: Coruscant City
    • If Maxis has the rights, then it's SIMMoisture farmer.
    ( ' :

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But, in all seriousness, no, this will have nothing to do with the return of SWG.
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Cabela is making "Gungan Hunter"

comes with a blaster rifle controller

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by Eletheryl

Is a new game, not even a MMO. Battlefront 3? maybe?. 

It is a new franchise so if it can be Battlefront 3, then it can be SWG

The New Franchise could be SWGs F2P marketplace, with loads of NEW items to buy for the game and your character.

Your sheer amount of delusional hope is just..awe inspiring.  I almost want this to be true just so I can imagine the GIGANTIC smile on your face like you got everything you ever wanted on christmas.  There's something so naieve yet innocent about your reckless abandon of reality in lieu of this insane, irradiating hope...

What I fear is that when they announce the truth of the matter of the 31st, you'll need medication and a 24 hour suicide watch however.

• ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

The New Franchise could be SWGs F2P marketplace, with loads of NEW items to buy for the game and your character.

Your sheer amount of delusional hope is just..awe inspiring.  I almost want this to be true just so I can imagine the GIGANTIC smile on your face like you got everything you ever wanted on christmas.  There's something so naieve yet innocent about your reckless abandon of reality in lieu of this insane, irradiating hope...

What I fear is that when they announce the truth of the matter of the 31st, you'll need medication and a 24 hour suicide watch however.

Its so sad when someone makes a post with an assumption or a hope that it will be something

a lot of ppl may want, yet he gets flamed by so many ppl for it, this only proves how fucking sad

this site has become with negative trolls who have nothing better to do than to abuse someone

for the smallest of things... the guy only said "swg returning?

...ffs u lot need to grow up & stfu bitching

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by Gurpslord

Lol. Too funny.

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

Here's hoping it's not an MMO..

And please get over SWG..the game had tons and tons of flaws. It was completely player driven, so when populations dwindled around 05, the game started to suck. 

Populations were fading because it had no content updates. Hell Both Rift and SWTOR have had more content updates in their first 6 months then SWG did in years.

NGE was seen as necessary for a reason..not just to fuck with people. The game was dying a slow painful death.

The SWG Truthers will descend and complain about how the game was played by nobody, was the worst MMO ever, and was powered with the hearts of dead orphans.

If they actually did put out another SWMMO game so soon I would start to believe that SWTOR was purposely designed to be bad and re-hype SWG. SWTOR makes the NGE look like a new bike at christmas.

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230

OP, how disapointing it will be when you find out its a flash based facebook game?

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by evianwater
    SWTOR have had more content updates in their first 6 months then SWG did in years.

You're having a laugh right?  SWG had more content added last year, than SWTOR has so far, considering it has just launched and SWG was 8 years old.  Last year had the Bounty Hunting system extended to space and GCW2 Space, as well as profession tweaks, plus atmospheric flight added.

What is SWTOR getting: Legacy, an enahnced surname system which SWG had from the start, server transfers (which SWG got as well last year not 6 months in from launch), LFG and other things which can hardly be called content, just system features.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by evianwater
    SWTOR have had more content updates in their first 6 months then SWG did in years.

You're having a laugh right?  SWG had more content added last year, than SWTOR has so far, considering it has just launched and SWG was 8 years old.  Last year had the Bounty Hunting system extended to space and GCW2 Space, as well as profession tweaks, plus atmospheric flight added.

What is SWTOR getting: Legacy, an enahnced surname system which SWG had from the start, server transfers (which SWG got as well last year not 6 months in from launch), LFG and other things which can hardly be called content, just system features.

(mod edit)

I would like to point out a big deal in what you just said.  swtor HAS.  swg HAD.  Swtor still going, and will be for a while (even tho it's not great).  There's no commercial possibility of it returning and if it does I'll eat my words and buy you a sub I swear to god.

SWG sucked, so to does SWTOR, frankly Star wars games in general the last few years have stank so hard it's sad.  I'm not anticipating anything even remotely interesting to be unveiled on the 31st or ever.  The prequals were disappointing and it seems every game sense has been a letdown as well.  Above all else, I'm not anticipating SWG even being mentioned or THOUGHT of by anyone at all when it comes to whatever this announcement is on the 31st.  

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I hope its great and I hope it blows away those idots over at ea/bioware who botched the ip.

i doubt its a mmo.

"Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278
    Originally posted by Kalmarth

FYI 1313 is Boba Fett

Kal speaks the truth.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CT-1313

(Sorry SNG, not this time I'm afraid)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

FYI 1313 is Boba Fett

Kal speaks the truth.

That on top of this has me a little interested in this announcement. http://www.gamespot.com/news/lucasarts-hiring-for-open-world-rpg-6330664

Note the date on this article, which is over a year old, seems to me this is about the time an announcment may be made for such a game.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

FYI 1313 is Boba Fett

Kal speaks the truth.

That on top of this has me a little interested in this announcement. http://www.gamespot.com/news/lucasarts-hiring-for-open-world-rpg-6330664

Skywalkerim. blechh console

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,725

Doubtful it's even a MMO.  Gonna be multi-platform as well.  So don't expect anything spectacular. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube