Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera vs Rift?

ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

I hit 50 on rift soon after it came out and enjoyed the journey, all my buddies stopped playing it and went to other games, so I decided to leave too. I picked up Tera and it seems like a neat game but it looks really grindy. and i'm skeptical because it's a korean mmo. Should I even bother or just pick rift up again? 

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

If you picked up TERA why not play it until you get bored?

Playing in a group IMO is a lot more enjoyable and makes fighting BAMs a lot easier and efficient. Try joining a guild. ^-^

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

If you do all the quests in an area, you will out level the area.

To me, that is NOT a defination of "grindy".

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

It will depend entirely on how you like Tera's combat. The only way to find that out is by playing it. Right now I am enjoying Tera more, it is over all a good game. It hasn't been grindy at all for me up to the mid 30's. Other than the art, you wouldn't know it was a korean game.

All die, so die well.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Just one thing i really have to ask here. You left Rift because your friends stoped playing. So, did you ever consider trying to make new friends online in a massively multyplayer online game. If someone you know isn't online at that time, talk to some other players, make new friendships and enjoy the game with them has well. If you also stopped playing because you got tired of the game, that's other things, but leaving because of that?

Oh, and i recomend playing TERA since you already have, so why not try just for the different experience First months free. If you don't like it, don't keep playing. Remember that the Island of Dawn is suppose to be horrible but opens up after that.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

All the quests are simply, Kill 10 of this kill 5 of these etc. But add to that the action combat, Instances and BAM's and the grind just doesn't get boring.

BTW it's not that hard to get to lvl 60, So don't think it's a massive old school Korean grind. :)

Great game IMO.

• ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Just one thing i really have to ask here. You left Rift because your friends stoped playing. So, did you ever consider trying to make new friends online in a massively multyplayer online game. If someone you know isn't online at that time, talk to some other players, make new friendships and enjoy the game with them has well. If you also stopped playing because you got tired of the game, that's other things, but leaving because of that?

Oh, and i recomend playing TERA since you already have, so why not try just for the different experience First months free. If you don't like it, don't keep playing. Remember that the Island of Dawn is suppose to be horrible but opens up after that.

I could have kept playing yeah I just took a break and never went back because I was upset everyone left. I guess I should give tera a fair chance and get a few classes to 20'ish and see if I wanna stick around. 

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by Exavus

I hit 50 on rift soon after it came out and enjoyed the journey, all my buddies stopped playing it and went to other games, so I decided to leave too. I picked up Tera and it seems like a neat game but it looks really grindy. and i'm skeptical because it's a korean mmo. Should I even bother or just pick rift up again? 

If you think Tera has a grind, then you haven't played a game with a grind yet. We are all very spoiled now a days. If there is one thing the majority of developers listened too, it was that we hate grind. In some games they went to far though lol.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

I say, go enjoy your first 60$ month... err.. I mean... first "free" month!

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Edeus

I say, go enjoy your first 60$ month... err.. I mean... first "free" month!

I got it half off amazon sale. it was 25 for me. :)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Play it, combat is different enough that it might be worth your time image