Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• lappaslappas Member Posts: 67

LOL...so true  :)

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

Thank you for finding and posting that.  It immediately went up on my FB page.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    I especially like the part that illustrates how game review sites are paid off to unethically give good reviews to objectively shitty games.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

Thank you. Just thank you for that.

• UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58

2:24 "Play sports ._." that killed me hahahahahaha

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Despite similar jokes are stupid and appeal to rather simple minded folks, it may be fun for first, maybe second time but with time...it remains just that...stupid....

• MytobMytob Member Posts: 79

Lol!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Funny but true. They create over-hyped garbage which for some reason is still making a lot of money.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

That was pretty frickin hilarious and depressingly true at the same time. OOOO, SHINEY!!! LOL

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

The day EA go out of business will be a great day. to kill it you must destroy the head.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Steam as a little truck? cooommmeee oonnnn Steam is a giant iceberg that the Origin boat is tryign to sink......

ie it wont happen

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    Originally posted by Nethermancer

Steam as a little truck? cooommmeee oonnnn Steam is a giant iceberg that the Origin boat is tryign to sink......

ie it wont happen

Not really, EA could seriously just prevent their games from being on steam.  Adn they will do that.  Just like the next generation systems will stop selling their games in stores. 

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106

EA could, and has done that to some extent. It would hurt Steam a bit, but if you think EA is the only game in town you are dead wrong. Steam is a lot bigger than Origin.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Istavaan

The day EA go out of business will be a great day. to kill it you must destroy the head.

EA corporate yes, it will be a great and joyous day! But I would not want their honest and hard working employees to lose their jobs and EA's gaming subsidiaries (maxis, etc, etc) to go out of business. The best thing would be for EA to have to sell its assets and allow its gaming subsidiaries to once again become free and independent from the monster EA has become.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ea are already stoping there games being on steam, crysis 2, mass effect 3, swtor for instance.

Thing is steam probably has more better games than origin, with valve themselves, bethseda, Id etc.. not being on origin.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Ea are already stoping there games being on steam, crysis 2, mass effect 3, swtor for instance.

Thing is steam probably has more better games than origin, with valve themselves, bethseda, Id etc.. not being on origin.

Crysis 2 is on Steam again. And Steam has a vastly larger library of quality games. I use both Origin, GOG and Steam.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Oh, shiiiiny !    Great vid.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by omegadethh7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ 

Wow funny but true.

• EnterTheWombatEnterTheWombat Member UncommonPosts: 112

Sad but true.  I stopped buying EA games a while ago but I gave in with SWTOR cause it was Bioware. I beta tested for 3 months, didn't buy it until 2 months in and just because I was bored and not playing anything. Stopped 3 months later and haven't looked back. Never again. 

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

It has become sad, however it's not limited to EA it's an epidemic anymore, more and more games that are being developed right now will have only the most rudementary WoW like controls in them, with no new features, no new ui enhancements, and when i say WoW like i mean, subscription only empty slow to update husks of worlds that have no life quest hubs raids and dungeons and dailies as the only thing to do end game etc etc. The list of the same 2004 "features" in these productions doesn't seem to want to end all because WoW has 10 mil subs still.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

sony should be side by side with EA.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by itgrowls

It has become sad, however it's not limited to EA it's an epidemic anymore, more and more games that are being developed right now will have only the most rudementary WoW like controls in them, with no new features, no new ui enhancements, and when i say WoW like i mean, subscription only empty slow to update husks of worlds that have no life quest hubs raids and dungeons and dailies as the only thing to do end game etc etc. The list of the same 2004 "features" in these productions doesn't seem to want to end all because WoW has 10 mil subs still.

Huh? Maybe if we were only talking about MMOs.

Most games are not WoW. Not even close. EA has done a number on the rest of the gaming market as well, sadly, but there is generally a lot more creativity found when you look at other genres outside of the MMOsphere.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by Salio69

Not really, IMO.  But then again, if anybody should stand head and shoulders above even EA, it should be Activision.  The only difference between EA and Activision is Activision's blatant greed and arrogance.

I mean, how can you sell the S-A-M-E game year after year after year and fools gobble it up like a starving kid in a third world country.

Not only that, Activision was the first one to really push the prices UP on game, starting with MW2.  And Kotick openly said that Activision will get away with it despite COD fans' complaints.  He knows the feeble masses will take it.  Take it in the a** and they will like it, and ask for more.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Warmaker
    Originally posted by Salio69

Not really, IMO.  But then again, if anybody should stand head and shoulders above even EA, it should be Activision.  The only difference between EA and Activision is Activision's blatant greed and arrogance.

I mean, how can you sell the S-A-M-E game year after year after year and fools gobble it up like a starving kid in a third world country.

Not only that, Activision was the first one to really push the prices UP on game, starting with MW2.  And Kotick openly said that Activision will get away with it despite COD fans' complaints.  He knows the feeble masses will take it.  Take it in the a** and they will like it, and ask for more.

Isn't this exactly what EA has done with every sports IP they have since the 1990's? Activision may be doing it now but EA is the master at this as they've been doing it for far longer with more game IPs.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

nice vid lol, so true.

could have been a nice addition to E3 this week