Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Next Beta Weekend Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 team has announced that the next beta weekend will take place from Friday, June 8th to Sunday, June 10th. Most exciting? Characters from the first beta event will not be deleted and will allow players to take on the Ascalon Catacombs dungeon.

Of course, there’s no denying the benefits of having such a vocal, outspoken community. And I’m not speaking just in terms of development; I’m also referring to how our players are spreading the word that Guild Wars 2 is more than just a game, it’s an evolving, online world that is shaped and driven by its players. Our community and our studio won’t accept anything less than excellence, and above all else, we both value a pioneering approach to the future of online worlds.

Read the full announcement on the Guild Wars 2 blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Well... okay. Sorry, but my hype has nearly died and waiting another two weeks won't be helping... You have my money, give me the product or at least access to the product more than once every two months...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Wahoo!
  • YansheeYanshee Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by fldash

Well... okay. Sorry, but my hype has nearly died and waiting another two weeks won't be helping... You have my money, give me the product or at least access to the product more than once every two months...

Chill youngling....

• NatarayaNataraya Member Posts: 78

...please.

yes.

wait its getting awfull, dont want to even think in 3 more months like this...

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

A fool and his money are soon parted! Pre-purchase gives beta access not a guaranteed a scheduled time. See if you can sell your game to someone more patient. :P

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Really? Mine hasn't!

But then I pre purchased knowing full well that I wouldn't be playing every weekend and what they offered me was occasional beta access before launch.

They are giving you exactly the amount of product right now that they promised  and you are entitled to, and that's beta tests according to their needs.

The betas are a bonus, and only a bonus. I am surprised you don't understand that.

• letsxhatletsxhat Member Posts: 156

They sure do know how to tell you what you want to hear.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Looking forward for it :)

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

Wow, guys, this dude is living in the future! Because I'm pretty sure that to the rest of us, only 1 month has actually passed since the last BWE. It's only going to be 1 week more than a month, chill out dude.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

so when are you going to start giving out beta keys mmorpg.com? hmmm?  ;)

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• JazKW347JazKW347 Member Posts: 54

I paid off my pre-purchase just in time =D

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Ditto. I pre-purchased and still look forward to GW2, but after no BWE on a long holiday weekend, the last BWE a over month old (not counting the Monday day beta) my hype meter is on low as well.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Originally posted by tordurbar

Ditto. I pre-purchased and still look forward to GW2, but after no BWE on a long holiday weekend, the last BWE a over month old (not counting the Monday day beta) my hype meter is on low as well.

Good if people that impatient are the source of all this hype ill be glad to see it die down.  The last thing i want is the community to be full of trash talkers because impatient kids wanted the perfect game.  Keep and open mind and a patient attitude nothing in life is perfect. People have been waiting years for this game, 12 for diablo 3.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Fantatstic news- with D3 beign my filler till its release,  iam ok with the beta weekends as is. Id like this mmo to be  my pefect  final mmo which ill be playing for a while. and it seems like it will be so..

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

They improved performance apparently. I wonder how much. I'm happy they didn't wait until friday to announce it.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

It's amazing how people complain about "release a game now" and then complain when it cuts over how it wasn't ready for primetime yet.

I'd have to imagine that the amount of pre-orders only helps drive the development team harder from day-to-day... knowing the anticipation level of what they are about to release.

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by Yanshee

Chill youngling....

:D

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

I was also fooled when they advertised beta weekends, that it was going to be every weekend. I have played several betas that they patch while betas running and bring down servers for a few hours here and there and thats all.  Either was glad to hear i get to play again soon. I also bought diablo 3 to fill time before release. Unforttunetly Im lvl 60 on Inferno already and theres nothing to do besides gear farm anymore.. I expected it to last much much longer and be way way better....

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

The sense of instant gratification and entitlement is astounding these days :/ you knew what you were buying.  It's already a quality product.  Just be happy to have access to it from time to time, knowing that when it launches the wait will have been worth it.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Vesavius
     I pre purchased knowing full well that I wouldn't be playing every weekend and what they offered me was occasional beta access before launch.

The betas are a bonus, and only a bonus.

i havent pre-purchased yet because I'd like to see launch date (i'm tight on funds)

but i will be buying gw2 :)

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

woot! our new vid cards should be here by then =D I was not liking having to test the game on a mostly done comp >.<

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Vesavius
     I pre purchased knowing full well that I wouldn't be playing every weekend and what they offered me was occasional beta access before launch.

The betas are a bonus, and only a bonus.

i havent pre-purchased yet because I'd like to see launch date (i'm tight on funds)

but i will be buying gw2 :)

what does a release have to do with it? When you have the cash buy it and be done with it that way you dont need to worry about it later :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

They never advertised Beta weekends once in a while, They advertised access to Beta weekends i guess thats what through me off. Either way I was going to buy the game and i know it will be awsome when it comes out. Just wish i could get in there more often. It really is just demos here an there . I dont feel were getting enough time atall to give any sort of constructive feedback.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by ariboersma

woot! our new vid cards should be here by then =D I was not liking having to test the game on a mostly done comp >.<

What did  you end up buying? :)

I just got one of these and I hope GW2 takes as much advantage of it as possible.  So far, I'm very very happy with it.:

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.