Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: My Beta Wish

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The next Guild Wars 2 beta event has been announced for June 8th. We've got a few ideas of some things we'd like to see during that event. See if you agree and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the future beta events for Guild Wars 2, and it feels like the next one is right around the corner. I’ve reflected on the past events a bit, even sharing my thoughts and experiences with you guys. ArenaNet has offered a lot of content, but I’ve been thinking about how much more there is to experience. Already I’ve had a chance to spend a lot of time with the Charr, Norn, and Humans. I’ve gotten to travel some of the lands of Tyria, and I think I have a good grasp on the early areas and events in the game. In fact, it’s allowed me to kind of plan out what I will do when the game actually launches. But I want to see more!

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: My Beta Wish.

In Guild Wars 2, my best friend will be a golem. We’ll go on adventures together.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i wish... i can get to play this in W v W!

One of the coolest things that we’ve added to WvW recently is a persistent mini-dungeon that can be accessed through the three keeps in the center map. This area is designed with multiplayer PvP in mind and players can do things like activate the traps in the mini-dungeon to defeat enemy players. Of course, at the end of the area there’s a chest full of rewards.

-Eric Flannum

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Asura and Sylvari won't be in for this BWE, you can count on that dear David.

My wishes for this BWE is that they'd gotten some optimization in (the "only 1 core no gpu crap"), so i could judge by that if i need to upgrade some hardware or can i go on with what i got.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

I am totally opposite.I won't even play this beta event apart from maybe looking into crafting so I know what I am going to be doing at launch (headstart). One thing I have learned over the past 6 years of awesome AAA MMORPG launches is they arn't so 'awesome' and quickly become boring.

So I will wait until launch to see content and not have the new feeling at that time instead of being level 40ish through beta seeing 25-50% of the game before any of it even matters and isn't wiped away.

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156

Guild Wars 2 will use a heavy modified Guild Wars 1 Engine With HavoK Engine Destruction and  occlusion culling technology licensed from Umbra Software to optimise 3D object rendering ,...

Pretty Much this game will be Awsome the only think I will want from Guild Wars 2 and if Anet is hearing me, listen carefully, have more game engine features and also make charector animations better think like Fable 3 on Xbox 360, the animations are just spectaculer and also make Guild Wars 2 have a absolute game performance becouse this game is develop by a heavy modified Guild Wars 1 Game Engine and is really possible, if Guild Wars 2 can do this Guild Wars 2 Surpass WoW in any form and change the MMO's forevor and Guild Wars 2 will be remember of one of the greatest games of all time and will have a currenteed 10 year lifetime.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I hope they have the CPU/GPU issues worked out is #1 and beyond that I am going to give the Warrior profession a more serious shake and play with crafting and more with PvP and WvW.

I don't want to "ruin" too much on the PvE side.

I probably won't touch the human lands again for example.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

My wish for the beta weekends is that they don't add anymore content, races, events or anything. I don't want to have played half this game before it even comes out. I've tried the game now and I'm happy to let them take their time to fix even more things while I enjoy some other games. The itch has already been scratched.. getting burnout on beta weekends is not good.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I hope they have the CPU/GPU issues worked out is #1 and beyond that I am going to give the Warrior profession a more serious shake and play with crafting and more with PvP and WvW.

they will I just know we still in beta, and if in the BETA 2 you still have PC problems I will suggest upgrading necessery hardware, but after me playing GUILD WARS 2 BETA 1 I dont think you need muchs here are my specs

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Central Processor
    Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz
    User Name  
    Graphics
    Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
    Video Memory 1.00 GB
    Screen Resolution 1680 x 1050
    Storage
    Total Memory 8.00 GB
    Free Memory 5.59 GB
    Total Hard disk 931.41 GB
    Free Hard disk 625.29 GB
    I/O
    Mouse HID-compliant mouse
    Keyboard Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard

Intel(R) Core(TM)2

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

It is exactly the job of guys like you from mmorpg.com to constantlly ask companies like Arena.Net exactly about such things. How they schedule the content for their BWEs etc. So, hm, just do your job?

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Bubble chat OPTION.

Nuff said

Originally posted by chelao

they will I just know we still in beta, and if in the BETA 2 you still have PC problems I will suggest upgrading necessery hardware, but after me playing GUILD WARS 2 BETA 1 I dont think you need muchs here are my specs

Central Processor
    Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz
    User Name  
    Graphics
    Video Memory 1.00 GB
    Storage
    Total Memory 8.00 GB
    Free Memory 5.59 GB
    Free Hard disk 625.29 GB
    I/O

Intel(R) Core(TM)2

I have 4.0ghz Phenom II x4

HD 6870 1GB DDR5

8 GB Kingston HyperX

Agility III SSD

and I was barely able to sustain 30 fps on Medium settings at 1920x1080

They need to do some optimization work!

Central Processor
    Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz
    User Name  
    Graphics
    Video Memory 1.00 GB
    Storage
    Total Memory 8.00 GB
    Free Memory 5.59 GB
    Free Hard disk 625.29 GB
    I/O

Intel(R) Core(TM)2

I have 4.0ghz Phenom II x4

HD 6870 1GB DDR5

8 GB Kingston HyperX

Agility III SSD

and I was barely able to sustain 30 fps on Medium settings at 1920x1080

They need to do some optimization work!

I agree bro I also use medium default settings on Beta I hope everyting goes well becouse I will play this game allot and I want my pc to perform good for the game.

• werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

Its not a wish, but could be nice to surprise us at the end of this beta with a release date finally ;)

Also, since I don't want too many more beta weekends, and surely not seeing everyone making Sylvari and the other race (lol) in the head start, it could be important to let us see the starting areas this time around.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

I am worried not my computer won't be able to run this as I thought. Do you guys think an Omni All In One PC can run GW 2? It ran Lineage 2 when I played it. Specs are here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+20%22+Omni+All-In-One+Computer+-+4GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/4570234.p?id=1218492450631&skuId=4570234

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Originally posted by Greatness

I am worried not my computer won't be able to run this as I thought. Do you guys think an Omni All In One PC can run GW 2? It ran Lineage 2 when I played it. Specs are here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+20%22+Omni+All-In-One+Computer+-+4GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/4570234.p?id=1218492450631&skuId=4570234

Maybe?

If anything at low settings unless they really optimize the sh!t out of the engine before launch.

For example, my old laptop had similar specs and technically met the minimum requirements for TOR, but in reality it couldn't play the game at all even at 800x600 with everything super lowest settings.

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

Guild Wars 2 will use a heavy modified Guild Wars 1 Engine With HavoK Engine Destruction and  occlusion culling technology licensed from Umbra Software to optimise 3D object rendering ,...

Pretty Much this game will be Awsome the only think I will want from Guild Wars 2 and if Anet is hearing me, listen carefully, have more game engine features and also make charector animations better think like Fable 3 on Xbox 360, the animations are just spectaculer and also make Guild Wars 2 have a absolute game performance becouse this game is develop by a heavy modified Guild Wars 1 Game Engine and is really possible, if Guild Wars 2 can do this Guild Wars 2 Surpass WoW in any form and change the MMO's forevor and Guild Wars 2 will be remember of one of the greatest games of all time and will have a currenteed 10 year lifetime.

Can I buy what you're smoking?  Fable III animations were okay, but nothing spectacular.  You need to play more games if you thought those were "spectaculer" [sic].  Most anything that's motion captured is pretty good though.

• CastranCastran Member UncommonPosts: 11

They havent announced any specifics on what the next beta phase will contain but they've promised that each Beta Weekend would have a new wave of content. The only thing so far is the explorable version of Ascalon Catacombs.

There's actually a good chance that the Asura area will be added in this patch. Other news sites have gotten a chance to test out their region and there have been several leaked images of their starter zone.

So we'll see.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

My BWE wish is simple... for this to be the last one.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Don't expect Asura or Sylvari, ever.

Well... until release that is. They've stated that there's a desire to keep things secret so they'll be fresh on release when the question was brought up to them. I'm fine with waiting on the Asura... it's been five years now since I decided my first character would be an Asuran Mesmer. Five years plus... wow. A little longer will be fine before I finally get my lab in Rata Sum up and running. In the meantime, there are three of the lesser races to experiment with ... I mean on... I mean... well, to try out.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by illyana

One of the coolest things that we’ve added to WvW recently is a persistent mini-dungeon that can be accessed through the three keeps in the center map. This area is designed with multiplayer PvP in mind and players can do things like activate the traps in the mini-dungeon to defeat enemy players. Of course, at the end of the area there’s a chest full of rewards.

-Eric Flannum

Oh my god. I just had a nerdgasm. That sounds amazing! I was content with WvW but this just takes the cake! Brilliant!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Mahavishnu

It is exactly the job of guys like you from mmorpg.com to constantlly ask companies like Arena.Net exactly about such things. How they schedule the content for their BWEs etc. So, hm, just do your job?

Yes, because no gaming journalists have ever asked those questions. Bravo.

ArenaNet releases information when it suits them, not when journalists ask.

Originally posted by jessie360

Can I buy what you're smoking?  Fable III animations were okay, but nothing spectacular.  You need to play more games if you thought those were "spectaculer" [sic].  Most anything that's motion captured is pretty good though.

Im not smoking nothing bro im being honost here look to believe and thers a differents on charector and npc and then motion animation, 

Fable 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAxoBTgytEQ&feature=player_detailpage 

Guild Wars 2  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3EaC02CfOd0

If Guild Wars 2 Can improve this that be awsome.

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by illyana

-Eric Flannum

Oh my god. I just had a nerdgasm. That sounds amazing! I was content with WvW but this just takes the cake! Brilliant!

"nerdgasm", "brilliant" i love your choice of words :D  i hope to try out that underground dungeon too :D  

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Im not smoking nothing bro im being honost here look to believe and thers a differents on charector and npc and then motion animation, 

Guild Wars 2  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3EaC02CfOd0

The problem is the the Fable 3 graphics would never work with 100 people defending a keep.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

The problem is the the Fable 3 graphics would never work with 100 people defending a keep.

is not about the graphics is about the gameplay and how you do combat and how the npc you killing takes the damage Guild Wars 2 graphics are awsome I like it thers no Other MMO like it. I will just like to see this improvement if they do it the gameflow when you grind and quest will be so smooth when you grind and if they do it I hope they dont over do it  just needs a little of Fablie 3 Combat Movement.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Amjoco

is not about the graphics is about the gameplay and how you do combat and how the npc you killing takes the damage Guild Wars 2 graphics are awsome I like it thers no Other MMO like it. I will just like to see this improvement if they do it the gameflow when you grind and quest will be so smooth when you grind and if they do it I hope they dont over do it it just needs a little of Fablie 3 Combat Movement.

Ah gotcha. Well I'm fine with what they have but maybe you could get them to do more! :) 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.