Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server down with only 5 minute warning

TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Anyone know what happened?

Comments

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

well the system warned me that the servers would be going down in 15 minutes not 5. They are applying a new patch, thats as much as I know.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Ah..I didn't see that. I was too busy getting owned by some elite yellow with purple minions who walled me in and roasted me with fire and arcane beams. 

It looks like a long maintenance from what it says now at the log in screen.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

I never see the Login Maintainence message?

Curious why it doesn't show for me...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, May 29th. Maintenance will begin at 3:00 AM PDT and conclude at approximately 11:00 AM PDT. During this time, servers and many web services will be unavailable. 

Thank you for your patience

this was posted 3 days ago

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5394512/

edit for link

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

They were kind enough to let us know this time. If we looked hard enough that is :P

Time to read!

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Its complete stupidity that they need to tac on a mmo type downtime to a game that should have a offline mode.

I'm a huge fan of this game but little by little with all the issues I'm starting to become this irritated disstatisfied customer.

Log in issues, Hacking, exploits, missing features, terrible optimization, Lag, Half of the AH being down since I started playing, Nerfs and now mmo tuesday downtime?!?!?!

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

8 hours of downtime

.... on a single player game

........... due to server maintenance

.................. is really f'd up

/not happy

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Its complete stupidity that they need to tac on a mmo type downtime to a game that should have a offline mode.

I'm a huge fan of this game but little by little with all the issues I'm starting to become this irritated disstatisfied customer.

Log in issues, Hacking, exploits, missing features, terrible optimization, Lag, Half of the AH being down since I started playing, Nerfs and now mmo tuesday downtime?!?!?!

You know people that play Starcraft 2 also can't play currently. In the previous version there was offline play. Not much chatter about that don't know if I ever saw any about it when it released probably was though.

It does suck, but its not the worst thing in gaming by far..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

lol, umad bro?

"terrible optimization, Lag" no idea which game you play...

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Thane

lol, umad bro?

"terrible optimization, Lag" no idea which game you play...

Of course im mad. I paid 70+ bucks for this game for my MS to be over 200 constantly! For the game to be unoptimized for all Cpus above four cores. Its fun to be disconnected in the middle of a dungeon map and have to clear it all over? 

What about the hacking? you can't even use the best feature in the game quick hoping in and out of Pub games because hackers can access your entire account and take all of your stuff...

You have to be a blind moronic fool to be happy with the way things are atm.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Sadly, I tend to agree. The fact that D3 hasn't any persistence is driving me mad. I mean, why would you like to server-sync every movement, hit, drop, mob spawn, etc., if you don't give me a persistent environment? image

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Z3ro1 theres no hacking in the game. Playing public games is perfectly safe. Game runs extremely smoothly even on my crap laptop. Latency is usualy about 50. Dont know what you are going on about.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by zymurgeist

What about the hacking? you can't even use the best feature in the game quick hoping in and out of Pub games because hackers can access your entire account and take all of your stuff...

It isn't true. You might want to put an authenticator on your account if you don't have one though.

I watched two youtube videos with people obtaining direct access to a poor guys account in a pub game. 

Unless they were faked its happening.

I have a keychain authenticator and have yet to be hacked but now out of fear Diablo is basically a single player game for me. 

Im in my mid-30s and honestly at my age I dont know many people that still play video games so i dont have hundreds of fellow college kids to pull from when i want to play Diablo. 

Enabling public drop ins into my games was the only way I could play co-op in the game and now i can't do that.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

It isn't true. You might want to put an authenticator on your account if you don't have one though.

I watched two youtube videos with people obtaining direct access to a poor guys account in a pub game. 

I have a keychain authenticator and have yet to be hacked but now out of fear Diablo is basically a single player game for me. 

Im in my mid-30s and honestly at my age I dont know many people that still play video games so i dont have hundreds of fellow college kids to pull from when i want to play Diablo. 

Enabling public drop ins into my games was the only way I could play co-op in the game and now i can't do that.

Those accounts were already compromised and these people didn't have an authenticator attached to their accounts.

The Eurogamer article was a farce full of lies..... as to be expected from that craptastic site. Sensationalism at it's best!

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Those accounts were already compromised and these people didn't have an authenticator attached to their accounts.

The Eurogamer article was a farce full of lies..... as to be expected from that craptastic site. Sensationalism at it's best!

Wasn't there a post about having to pay 70+ for a game, then having to go out and spend more $$ on an authenticator? Seems a little, I dunno the proper word to use, my choice would be bullshitty.

Still, this is coming from a guy who is still crying over spilt milk, aka no LAN play, so complaining isn't really going out of my way.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

both eurogamer and blizzard could be stating what they believe is true

even tho D3 has no support for SMS or dialin authenticator,

D3 players are using them thinking it counts as an authenticator (because Blizzard calls it an authenticator)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271782499

A lot of people seem to think the SMS Protect/ dial-in authenticator is what everyone is talking about when they say get the mobile authenticator. Yes, SMS protect does have something to do with your mobile phone and yes, dial-in authenticator does use a phone as well but neither of these will protect you. You need the actual mobile authenticator (it's an app you download off the iphone marketdroid market called battle.net authenticator). If you aren't inputing a special code every time you log into diablo or these forums then you don't have the right thing.

Don't worry, same thing happened to me. Activated sms protect and dial-in authenticator first day I bought Diablo 3. Got hacked a couple days later and thought WTF I had the authenticator.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

fully agree

its not clear how often they will need to do this but 8 hours of scheduled downtime is like WOW maintenance

D3 is a singleplayer game with multiplayer support, WOW is a full blown mmo

• deadhopedeadhope Member Posts: 52

Excepted that Diablo 3 is a multiplayer game, with single player option.,

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Trionicus

Wasn't there a post about having to pay 70+ for a game, then having to go out and spend more $$ on an authenticator? Seems a little, I dunno the proper word to use, my choice would be bullshitty.

Still, this is coming from a guy who is still crying over spilt milk, aka no LAN play, so complaining isn't really going out of my way.

The smartphone authenticator is free, the fob is less than $10 USD. Small price to pay for further security.