Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next beta test....

Comments

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

They will not wipe our characters frm last beta weekend! That's great!

Too bad that weeken Euro 2012 begins :(

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by felchawe

Bad time for football fans ( soccer fans ) around the globe it is at the start of Euro 2012 damn you Anet

Meh, I only start watching from the quarter finals anyway.

This is not a game.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by Vonatar
    Originally posted by Djildjamesh
    During soccer .....whyyyyyyy

I would imagine because ANet is a US company and they and a large proportion of the US beta players couldn't give  a damn about Euro 2012.

Actually it's quite the opposite. A large part of the GW1 playerbase is in Europe.

This is not a game.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by QSatu

Lame.. I expected 1st-3rd of june =/ Let's hope they really fixed a lot of things.

New hardware, thats got to help! :) 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

I would imagine because ANet is a US company and they and a large proportion of the US beta players couldn't give  a damn about Euro 2012.

Actually it's quite the opposite. A large part of the GW1 playerbase is in Europe.

You may want to read what he said again.

ANet is a US Company

Large proportion of the US beta players (not Euro Beta Players)

Of course, he's ignoring the fact there are beta players from other countries (I'm from New Zealand) who don't give a rats backside about soccer (or any real life sport when it comes to myself)

E-sports FTW.

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

I'm from Europe and I couldn't care less about euro or whatever other soccer related event - my personal opinion is that it's a dumb overpaid and overmediatized sport. A single Prick in that stupid sport is paid more to kick in a ball more than it would take to make 50 normal families to live very comfortably.

Somehow soccer fans seem to think the whole world is excited by their fetish sport around here... when in reality the vast majority couldn't care less and thinks that sport is dumb.

GW2 > soccer. Anytime. Hell, almost any MMORPG is better than watching that crap.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

The weekends after that, there will always be euro matches... So better be at the 1st weekend of euro than further weekends of competition. Unless they only had BWE after the matches at July, at the end of Euro 2012... That wouldnt be good xD

• komobokomobo Member Posts: 144

Ah good news! Plenty of opportunity to squeeze a good amount of GW play time in between the football matches :) 

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I'm from Europe and I couldn't care less about euro or whatever other soccer related event - my personal opinion is that it's a dumb overpaid and overmediatized sport. A single Prick in that stupid sport is paid more to kick in a ball more than it would take to make 50 normal families to live very comfortably.

Somehow soccer fans seem to think the whole world is excited by their fetish sport around here... when in reality the vast majority couldn't care less and thinks that sport is dumb.

GW2 > soccer. Anytime. Hell, almost any MMORPG is better than watching that crap.

I bet that's how you feel about anything involving sports, right?

* Waves at Pushkina *

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

i couldnt agree more :)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by komobo

Assuming is always bad.

There are still sports where the competitors aren't overpaid whiners who fake death as soon as they are somehow harmed and where there's friendship even in defeat instead of blind hatred towards the winning team, broken stadiums, or even dead people... for instance Rugby. Many sports also provide spectacular action but are barely represented in the media in Europe (like Basketball, Handball, etc...).

But whatever, that's quite out of topic, I only mentionned it because of some other posts which could lead people to think that all Europeans are so blinded by football/soccer that they don't care about anything else. Well, we are not, at least not all of us, a good many of us actually don't give a crap about that sport.

End of discussion (about this) for me.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

I'm not a big sports fan either. I did have a soccer club i liked but with time, i just lost interest. However, i am intersted in the Euro and World Cup simply because it it's once every 2 years and it's countries.

However, i think my first "Country Cup" was the Euro 2004. I was a very, very bad and sad day after all that happened :(

• komobokomobo Member Posts: 144

Assuming is always bad.

There are still sports where the competitors aren't overpaid whiners who fake death as soon as they are somehow harmed and where there's friendship even in defeat instead of blind hatred towards the winning team, broken stadiums, or even dead people... for instance Rugby. Many sports also provide spectacular action but are barely represented in the media in Europe (like Basketball, Handball, etc...).

But whatever, that's quite out of topic, I only mentionned it because of some other posts which could lead people to think that all Europeans are so blinded by football/soccer that they don't care about anything else. Well, we are not, at least not all of us, a good many of us actually don't give a crap about that sport.

Whether assumptions are always bad is a matter of perspective as sometimes it is the only thing you are left with, exemplified by your original post which amounts to nothing but over-generalizations and tendentious musings about your disdain of a particular sport, now followed up - with added drama - in your second post.

Of course one could stigmatize most sports as you did, word for word, if one hold such biased views. However, some sports - especially the ones which fall in your taste - are the exceptions, of course.

If anything, it is hatred that blinds.

* Waves at Pushkina *

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

So far away...

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

Assuming is always bad.

Whether assumptions are always bad is a matter of perspective as sometimes it is the only thing you are left with, exemplified by your original post which amounts to nothing but over-generalizations and tendentious musings about your disdain of a particular sport, now followed up - with added drama - in your second post.

Of course one could stigmatize most sports as you did, word for word, if one hold such biased views. However, some sports - especially the ones which fall in your taste - are the exceptions, of course.

If anything, it is hatred that blinds.

And arrogance towards other peoples opinions. 

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

While I do like soccer (in moderate ammounts), I can't disagree.

• RodimusPrimeRodimusPrime Member Posts: 114

Wonder if they will have the slyvari and asura in?

• teethteeth Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by StriderXed
    Originally posted by Requiamer

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-next-guild-wars-2-beta-weekend

Called it.

Someone else had done a thread with a poll for people to guess the time of the next BWE. I had actually guessed the weekend of the 16th, but I'm so glad that I'm wrong, I can't even put it into words!

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Actually the vast majority likes the sport and is one of the most popular if not the most in the world, not all players are fakers there's actually quite a few that play for the love of the game and have undeniable skill, players have even died playing the sport.

If you don't like it it's cool,  but I think you have to chill out a bit about what other people love and enjoy.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

woot! our new vid cards should be in then *does a dance* cant wait to test GW2 on our completed comps!

• FrekFrek Member UncommonPosts: 53

Noob question: I pre-purchased GW2 from the website. I attached the key to my GW account. I then got an email saying that I've successfully registered the game. It said I would shortly receive another email to download the client, that was last week. I haven't received any other emails since. How do I download the client so I can play on this June weekend?

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Tyroki
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

Of course, he's ignoring the fact there are beta players from other countries (I'm from New Zealand) who don't give a rats backside about soccer (or any real life sport when it comes to myself)

I was presenting ANet's possible perspective, which may be US-centric.

Personally I would never forget non-US beta players who don't care about soccer. I'm one of them too!

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Frek

Noob question: I pre-purchased GW2 from the website. I attached the key to my GW account. I then got an email saying that I've successfully registered the game. It said I would shortly receive another email to download the client, that was last week. I haven't received any other emails since. How do I download the client so I can play on this June weekend?

https://account.guildwars2.com/login

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

A company is spending millions developing a game on a very tight schedule with extreme pressures from all angles including investors, parent company and their own internal deadlines ... and you guys actually think they give a rat f$#@ing arse about a football tourney?

Wise up people.

You stay sassy!

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

I do believe that with 10 days to prepare before both the GW2 beta and the start of euro 2012, you can somehow leverage a TV into easy viewing range of your computer monitor thereby creating some sort of awesome entertainment corner that you wouldn't have to move more than from 6 feet away from.

Heck, with 10 days to prepare you should be able to buy, find and stock a minifridge nearby the desk, steal every single pillow, cushion and blanket in the house and create yourself a giant fort to keep interlopers from distrupting any of your viewing or playing pleasure.

Someone should make a first world problems cat for this.