It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
As much as I have defended SW:ToR and bashed SWG, the SWG fanbois won. I miss Galaxies. Now granted. I have always missed SWG, meaning as before the NGE. But now, I actually miss the NGE (the 2010-11 version). There are things about ToR that I do like over the NGE.
1. The classes in ToR over the NGE classes, to me, are phenominal. Playing my Jedi Shadow or My Sentinel, I actually feel like a Jedi. I never did in Galaxies. Granted, I never got a chance to play one prior to the NGE because they swept that rug from under me, but that is another topic. But in the NGE, Jedi never felt like Jedi. The abilities all were "Jedi-esque" and flow with them.
2. The combat system is great in ToR because of the Z-axis. You can actually pull, push, jump and fall in this game where as in Galaxies, it was more 2-dimensional. Galaxies tried to implement this with NGE, but failed in it's attempt because of the lack of the Z-axis.
3. The "Legacy" story ergo, your characters class story to level you up is a 100x better than the NGE legacy story. No need to even go into this explanation.
4. The Warzones, Ops, Flashpoints and Heroics beat out SWG's by far. More interesting. Fun to play.
That is about all that I like about ToR. The things I miss from SWG:
1. The open world. I miss the vastness of SWG. They got this right in my opinion. Yes, they could have added stuff to do in the world, but I think that the Dev team was on the right track with it.
2. Interactions with others. I miss interacting with other players. Even if I didn't talk to anybody, I always could run into somebody out in the wild doing whatever.
3. OWPvP. I miss this also. Running around SF wondering who I was going to get jumped by. ToR needs a heavy dose of this.
4. Space. Nuff said. That is self-explanatory in it's own right.
5. Crafting and resource gathering. Another thing that SWG was the king of and that I wish was in ToR.
So in a nutshell, I love the combat and classes from ToR, but miss everything else that Galaxies has to offer. I wish they would have continued with Galaxies and continued to make it better, but we all know that ship has sailed and is never coming back. Just wanted to say to those who told me that I would miss it when it was gone and that ToR wouldn't live up to my expectations, you were right. Y'all told me so.