Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest to Lowest DPS

lynshakelynshake Member Posts: 26

Anyone know the rank order of DPS? I believe Wizard is number 1. Can you fill in the rest of the slots in order?

1. Wizard

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

Comments

• diablofag123diablofag123 Member Posts: 1

hahahahaha wizard number 1? you gotta be shittin on my dick

1. demon hunter

2. wizard

3. witch doctor

4. monk

5. barbarian

• VuongqPhamVuongqPham Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by diablofag123

hahahahaha wizard number 1? you gotta be shittin on my dick

1. demon hunter

2. wizard

3. witch doctor

4. monk

5. barbarian

agree

• lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111

I think its 

1. Demon Hunter

2. Wizard

3. Monk

4. Barb

5. Witch Doctor

but at the same time dps doesn't really matter, especially in hardcore, so far from my experience, only the monk and barb are useful in hardcore. so the other 3 don't matter in that regard.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by lennpell

I think its 

1. Demon Hunter

2. Wizard

3. Monk

4. Barb

5. Witch Doctor

but at the same time dps doesn't really matter, especially in hardcore, so far from my experience, only the monk and barb are useful in hardcore. so the other 3 don't matter in that regard.

The OP never mentioned anything about HC.  He was just interested in normal play.

Ratero.

• iLiberateiLiberate Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Rhonen

I think its 

1. Demon Hunter

2. Wizard

3. Monk

4. Barb

5. Witch Doctor

The OP never mentioned anything about HC.  He was just interested in normal play.

Ratero.

I've never played with a monk or barb that out DPSs my witch doctor but okay.

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by iLiberate

I think its  1. Demon Hunter 2. Wizard 3. Monk 4. Barb 5. Witch Doctor     but at the same time dps doesn't really matter, especially in hardcore, so far from my experience, only the monk and barb are useful in hardcore. so the other 3 don't matter in that regard.

Ratero.

i love it that people think the witch doctor is weak

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    Originally posted by zimboy69
    Originally posted by iLiberate

I think its 

1. Demon Hunter

2. Wizard

3. Monk

4. Barb

5. Witch Doctor

Ratero.

i love it that people think the witch doctor is weak

I felt it it was weaker than many other class in the beginning until you got to a higher level...first impressions.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

I love how at no point in this thread has anyone considered how much damage actually gets dealt by the classes rather than what some number says in the character screen. If you want to go by the number on the screen then it just depends on how much you stack DPS. But then again I play hardcore so we don't get the option of dying ten times before killing a champion pack with some super crazy 150k dps....

My bet on pure damage would be something AoE based and my bet would be on a Wizard with either Arcane Orb or Disintigrate with the Chaos Nexus rune, that thing does ridiculous amounts of damage.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422
     only the monk and barb are useful in hardcore. so the other 3 don't matter in that regard.

Tankzard wishes to have a word with you.

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Any of them really:

1) the biggest wallet

2) a lesser big wallet

3) a normal wallet

4) a lesser normal wallet

5) a loser (but hey! we got to beat on someone in PvP ain't it ?)

edit a losser is a loser with twice the loss

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by Bushi13

Any of them really:

1) the biggest wallet

2) a lesser big wallet

3) a normal wallet

5) a losser (but hey! we got to beat on someone in PvP ain't it ?)

the RMT AH isnt even open yet.

and wtf is a losser?

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Bushi13

Any of them really:

1) the biggest wallet

2) a lesser big wallet

3) a normal wallet

5) a losser (but hey! we got to beat on someone in PvP ain't it ?)

What an insightful reply. Way to go!

You sir...are a losser!!

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

The OP should ask again in 6 months when everyone has top-end gear.  Until then, all of the classes are so close in DPS that gear and specs are the deciding factors.  Sure, ranged classes seem to do a lot of damage right now, but only because they can attack without being in melee.

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Crunchy221

and wtf is a losser?

It is a loser with twice the loss.  :)

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

DH, Wiz, Monk, Barb

In the Barbs defense his survivability is amazing so it doesn't matter how low his Dps is.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Z3R01

DH, Wiz, Monk, Barb

In the Barbs defense his survivability is amazing so it doesn't matter how low his Dps is.

Barbs with good gear are outdps any class over time. Why? Because they can survive more than

10 sec. (At least on Act 1 Inferno.)

Other classes like Wizard, DH, WD - they die 1 hit after Act 1 Inferno - no matter how much hp and

allres you have - yes they can kite - good luck with waller, voltrex. teleport, fire chain, slow immunite,

fast etc elites.^^

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Draftbeer

DH, Wiz, Monk, Barb

Barbs with good gear are outdps any class over time. Why? Because they can survive more than

Other classes like Wizard, DH, WD - they die 1 hit after Act 1 Inferno - no matter how much hp and

allres you have - yes they can kite - good luck with waller, voltrex. teleport, fire chain, slow immunite,

fast etc elites.^^

You know the game came out like 2 weeks ago, DH & Wizard can farm those elites with no problem. They the one selling you rare weapon for 1mill on the AH.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Anzie
    Originally posted by Draftbeer

DH, Wiz, Monk, Barb

fast etc elites.^^

You know the game came out like 2 weeks ago, DH & Wizard can farm those elites with no problem. They the one selling you rare weapon for 1mill on the AH.

You know they already ninja-nerfed them and no they can't sucessfully farm them.

I consider sucessful w/o dying 20 times per pack or relog to get other pack.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Any conversations about Diablo 3 that aren't about Hardcore are invalid FYI...

Being able to die over and over and over until you finally get lucky and kill something isn't really playing the game in my eyes.  Just look at the shit-storm when that WoW guild claimed world first Inferno Diablo kill... People quickly realized they just corpse ran/die over and over and over to skip content and get to boss.  Imagine if they did that in WoW...

Anyway, i'm pretty sure all classes are just about equal.  I would guess Wizard/DH have the highest % on skills which in the end would technically mean highest damage.

I love my WD, but it just doesn't have the single target DPS that i'm pretty sure a Wizard or DH can output.  They trade DPS for CC. 

I imagine PvP is going to require massive nerfs to the WD and most skills won't be usable against players... 

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

I just lost my hardcore guy over the weekend,  Level 49 Demon Hunter.  Anyone who tells you they aren't good at HC is woefully misinformed.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qzpRAUgyxaU

witch doctor killing butcher act 1 inferno in 9 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAKWVuaSTc&feature=player_embedded

and wd killing first boss act 4 inferno

how many people here can do this, eh ?

Oh and go watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0583cqMT6WU&list=UU-9C9d1qDDzA2jdH53vSIuA&index=1&feature=plcp

and watch athenewins livestream, he kills diabo act 4 inferno in 2 minutes and 23 seconds solo with a demon hunter :P i believe he also set the world record for fastest diablo on all difficulties an hour ago or so.