Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me decide, Need an mmo with amazing graphics

uperkurkuperkurk Member Posts: 6

So I've played EVE Online, I've played Aion and I've played Rift. I played EVE for about 3 years, aion for 2 and Rift for about 2 months just because graphics mean a lot of me, I love detail, glowing weapons, shiny armor, awesome skill effects and Rift just didn't offer that, the level 20 armor looked just like the level 50 armor.

Aion on the other hand I think it's the best looking MMO available and then I saw Tera Online. I've spent the last couple of days looking at Tera, guildwars 2 and some other games and I've been put off GW2 for the simple fact that the detail of armor and weapons is terrible, terrible skill effects and you move sooooo slowly.

Tera on the other hand has graphics that are almost as good as Aion but I'd like to ask, can you sprint in Tera? I know you can get mounts but the thing I liked about Aion was you could buy speed scrolls for pvp, speed boots and items to increase your speed even in PvP which is great!

Does Tera have this also? How does the pvp speed compare with Rift for example? I hate being a rogue which should be a fast, nimble class but moves the same terribly slow speed of a tank, running in Rift looks like you're baring jogging it's just so slow to move around in pvp.

Maybe I'm being too picky but for the cost of both games I think I have a right to make sure I pick the game I'll like the most. Please give me your opinions but only if you've played these games, and if you've played Rift please please compare both of these to Rift and let me know the difference in pvp especially movement speed :)

Thanks alot guys

Comments

• sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68

I'd just like to throw out vanguard.  Crank it to ultra and force AA 8x....gorgeous.  you'll be stunned taking to the air on the mainlands.

Also very fast paced and great macro system to push it.

• uperkurkuperkurk Member Posts: 6

That game does not compare anything graphic wise to Aion.... it kinda looks Everquest 2.... I'm really looking for something like Aion, I know not many mmo's can compare to Aion because Aion uses the Cry engine but graphics really are a huge factor, I liked Rifts graphics but the graphics on the gear and the movement speed in pvp really let it down

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

If your only concerned about graphics, then it is either AoC or FFXIV, no other game comes anywhere near those two in graphics. However, gameplay (if you really like Aion and Tera style) you prob won't like them because their style of play is completely different. In a big way.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Age of Conan....

Asbo

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Oh yeah, Vindictus and C9 both have awesome graphics and the gameplay is closer to what you might like in Aion. (not the same, but closer feeling than AoC or FFXIV)

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by uperkurk

Thanks alot guys

As far as I can see, Tera does not have speed potions for pvp. There are speed potioins in the game but it's only for out of combat.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DiasvurDiasvur Member Posts: 15

Well... Everquest 2 got a graphics rating of 9-10/10 on mmorpg.com, I can remember. But I never played it.

As far as I can say the character animation in Tera should be better because character animations are mostly getting better with every release. And Tera is sexy.

I also played Rift. Not a good idea if you're sick because the rifts are always changing area's colour and that's really annoying in my opinion. In Tera you can enjoy different area colours more and longer and you sometimes don't even notice you crossed the border to a new area.

About runspeed: Yes you can sprint. Beside that, it always feels like you're running when you're moving.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Diavor

About runspeed: Yes you can sprint. Beside that, it always feels like you're running when you're moving.

It's important to note that it is a limited sprint. some classes have a skil that allows them a brief burst in speed. But it's not like Aion where you can get boots or whatnot that allows for a permanent boost in speed.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Ok, seems like I was thinking about what I tell this guy about Tera when reading his post :D

What can I say, I play Tera and I don't play Aion where an Asmodian always has to have claws on his feet, and hair on his neck, and crappy shiny eyes and so on...

I don't play Rift with his shitty looking dwarfs, humans and actually every race is ugly beside the female high elves.

And yeah I didn't see something like boots with movement increase, yet.

• sylentnytesylentnyte Member UncommonPosts: 68

That game does not compare anything graphic wise to Aion.... it kinda looks Everquest 2.... I'm really looking for something like Aion, I know not many mmo's can compare to Aion because Aion uses the Cry engine but graphics really are a huge factor, I liked Rifts graphics but the graphics on the gear and the movement speed in pvp really let it down

Nothing like everquest 2...i cant stand eq2's graphics. it has a more realistic fell than say aion. If you can run it top notch with the aa it is sweet!

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

Runescape has amazing graphics, the best 3d of any browser game and it is the best fantasy sandbox MMO. It isn't forced PvP, which is very very very rare in sandbox MMOs.

For 2d, you definitely want to play Tibia. The art is actually rather good

For 3d+sci fi standbox on land, not space), I recommend Anarchy Online...probably most amazing graphics of any sci-fi land based MMO. Land based, sandbox sci-fi games are as rare as finding a diamond on the beach.

For 3d fantasy games, WoW has AMAZING graphics. Better than any fantasy game out there.

Yeah, I would never say anything against Anarchy Online or WoW in public. But I can't believe Runescape is the best browser game. Second Life has the best unlimited character graphics and animations in any game if you can handle to get stuck in lag every 5 seconds.

Just look at the graphics difference between these two mmo's. The level of detail in the weapons, armor and attack animations is so appealing. For me, the look of armor / weapons is more important than the damage it does. I like glowing, shiny, detailed things... I guess I'm really picky tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b1_Da1bJmkc Aion watch in 1080p

Anarchy watch in 1080p

Just watch that Aion video and you'll see what I mean about detail.

Ok maybeI'm being a bit over the top here trying to find the perfect game... I guess I can substitute for some things so let me ask this, which out of Rift, GW2 or Tera has the best end game content? Not just pve but pvp too.

The thing that really put me off Rift was the only real pvp to be had was in a stupid instance, the same old instances over and over and over again -_-

I want to hear more about Tera..

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Ok maybeI'm being a bit over the top here trying to find the perfect game... I guess I can substitute for some things so let me ask this, which out of Rift, GW2 or Tera has the best end game content? Not just pve but pvp too.

The thing that really put me off Rift was the only real pvp to be had was in a stupid instance, the same old instances over and over and over again -_-

lol, I believe your intent was to start a Tera fanclub! :)

Tera looks great, combat is great, but the rest of it is nothing new. As they say, you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. I played it for about a week and just couldn't do the quest grind but you may love it! Good luck!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

TERAs graphics are higher quality than Aion, as for speed, I think the only class that can deliver for you is warrior, there are no in combat speed potions in TERA, but theres gear that boosts speed at later levels, not by too much, something like 16% if you have good stuff.

It will take a while though, they start off fast but their run speed in combat, as with all classes in TERA is slow. But you get skills that move you faster than running speed, like fury strike and you just tap that to gain ground on opponents, then you get a dash and a teleport, as well as two dodges that make you invulnerable, the attack speed is very fast though, they just run slow, like all classes in TERA.

Some armor displays for you, since you seem to like armor(this is high level stuff obviously):

imageimageimageimage

Originally posted by Amjoco

Tera looks great, combat is great, but the rest of it is nothing new. As they say, you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. I played it for about a week and just couldn't do the quest grind but you may love it! Good luck!

lol to tell you the truth I'm really just waiting for someone to say something that will convince me the shed £50 from my bank as student life is a poor life lol. I'm so tempted right now to try Tera but £50 is A LOT of money to shed just to try the game...... With every video I watch it makes  me want to play it that little bit more and I can't stop watching videos lol

From what I understand the entire game is open world pvp, much like aion which I absolutely loved. No skill trees too just like aion, I'm yet to find much info about end game stuff though although I watched a Tera armor video on youtube and the women chars end game armor looks incredible! Such good designs just like Aion.

I guess you're thinking if he loves Aion that much why not go back to it? Well Aion is just boring there is not enough content.

Tera amor video

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Amjoco

lol to tell you the truth I'm really just waiting for someone to say something that will convince me the shed £50 from my bank as student life is a poor life lol. I'm so tempted right now to try Tera but £50 is A LOT of money to shed just to try the game...... With every video I watch it makes  me want to play it that little bit more and I can't stop watching videos lol

From what I understand the entire game is open world pvp, much like aion which I absolutely loved. No skill trees too just like aion, I'm yet to find much info about end game stuff though although I watched a Tera armor video on youtube and the women chars end game armor looks incredible! Such good designs just like Aion.

I guess you're thinking if he loves Aion that much why not go back to it? Well Aion is just boring there is not enough content.

Tera amor video

Ew, well Aion has way more content than Tera, so if you are looking for gameplay then stay with Aion and go with Tera for pretty graphics! :)

edit: Aion

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

top graphics right now is aion, then tera, aion is f2p now, tera is not, you have FF14 too , looks like they fix several issues now and is playeable, most of the rest or would look too dated or too cartonish to even care, if you only want graphics

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Tera has nice graphics.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

It's done, just bought Tera Onlinem going to roll Warrior to begin with. Let's just hope this game lives up to my expectations :)

• vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Age of conan for gfx, just try the F2p client so you can see for yourself.