Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE BEST MMORPG EVER....... THAT I DESIGNED

1235»

Comments

• KorgborgKorgborg waldorf, MDMember Posts: 116

Originally posted by mcool

i knew that the people on mmorpg.com were moany but i didnt think you guys were stupid... 
    i spent over £5000 on the game , why does that come as a surprise.. minecraft, angry birds, and most apps  were all designed under that budget..if you hire freelancers, the production is much cheaper.. i aleady mentioned that i'am not backed b a major publisher
    i said there was 300 active npc's. that doest include passengers or policemen etc.. active npc's, who contribute to the player's story
    leave the thread please.... you dont know what your talking about

Now everyone, please, lets not pile on too much here!

We wouldn't want to be accused of cyberbullying. LMAO!

I mean, please consider the OP's self-esteem, just sayin.

... on second thought...  please carry on!  image 

*grabs popcorn, doritos, six pack and 3D glasses*

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel houston, TXMember Posts: 8,417 Rare

i knew that the people on mmorpg.com were moany but i didnt think you guys were stupid... 
    i spent over £5000 on the game , why does that come as a surprise.. minecraft, angry birds, and most apps  were all designed under that budget..if you hire freelancers, the production is much cheaper.. i aleady mentioned that i'am not backed b a major publisher
    i said there was 300 active npc's. that doest include passengers or policemen etc.. active npc's, who contribute to the player's story
    leave the thread please.... you dont know what your talking about

You are right,  I've created games that didn't cost anything simply because I did the art, and I did the coding, and you could contract for whatever else like sound, etc.  But you are saying you are a producer... in other words, you have no skills in creating the game by yourself, so you had to contract all of the work,  and chances are, on that budget,  you found out of work employees,  a very new to the business company,  students who are looking for experience,  or a charity that does computer work.    

I've known students who have created and programmed games for free for experience so they can get their foot in the door and sometimes the work is really good,  but that isn't what you are saying here.

In most situations, that wouldn't pay a single salary for any of the people you need for more than a few months, which means,  if this is a company, then clearly this isn't the only project they are working on, and it also means, if they aren't dedicating the time to it,  its unlikely it will be very good.

What engine are they using?  Because obviously they'll need something where much of this stuff is already programmed where there is already a lot of support in utilities, resources, and code.

The OP was the one who brought the project up,  and he can stop being irrational about this and put some real weight behind what he's saying simply by answering some questions on who is  creating the game... more than a company name, lets hear how many people, who they are, what they do,  what engine they are using, the platform its supposed to release on,  he could release some concept art.. it doesn't even have to be in game...  

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

forum trolls

• mcoolmcool london, KYMember Posts: 122

the platform is pc, we were creating models with 3d max and importing them to unity 3d ....although a thinkingof changing the engine to bigworld engine

a not going to relase any concept art yet..

the company name is digitalartflow. there are currently 15 people working on this

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel houston, TXMember Posts: 8,417 Rare

the platform is pc, we were creating models with 3d max and importing them to unity 3d ....although a thinkingof changing the engine to bigworld engine
    a not going to relase any concept art yet..
    the company name is digitalartflow. there are currently 15 people working on this

Way too big of a team for the money spent.  I've used 3ds max and currently use Unity... which would/could explain why development costs are so low if you are taking everything off the asset market including the coding.

Creating something in Unity isn't tough,  and you can get anything pretty much prescripted,  but that doesn't make it a game.

I'd say theres a chance you could be telling the truth,  but I'm also going to say that theres a very slim chance the game will see the light of day,  and an even slimmer chance that if it does, that it won't be remotely close to being the best game ever with the amount of money spent, even if you are using the asset store,

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

forum trolls

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIMember Posts: 8,842 Rare

i'am appalled at the standards of mmo's these days, boring monotonous and repetitve. i have take the time and effort to create my own, i have developers , GDD etc.  so please to my game plan

my mmo is a 3d mafia style mmorpg, players sell drugs, contract killing, robbery(banks,musuems, houses), scams , create gangs - turf wars etc
    this take place over three ctites, 
    the unique feature about this is that the missions are dynamic, no scripted missions whatsoever. when you start you decide if you want to be in a gang or go solo, each gang has their own profession (robbery,drug selling, contract killing etc.. 
    as you level up , you gain contacts- who can give drugs, weapons from the black market, vehicles etc, you also gin friends who can help you on mission and enimies who will attack you when you do missions.
    this is the first emergent narrative mmo that i have seen. you are the story. we have designed thngs in the game to make sure you feel immersed. your allies can get kidknapped and you will have to save them, you can blackmail your enimies into giving you info or weapons, detectives will be watching your every move.. its a great game which i will soon release.

so please tell me what you think

Sounds great OP. Scrap levels though PLEASE. 

See The Secret World  for an example of a leveless system.

Hey All,

I was gonna have a few girls over this coming weekend,

couple of kegs, few bottles of rum, crank out a hit mmo...

Anyone interested?

Spring Break Bikini Contest Line-up

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAMember Posts: 14,247 Rare

Originally posted by anemo

Sounds super easy just get a database, some server code, then take a free graphical engine, and then you can write all the story you want.    I estimate this would take a mere 2 months, which is the perfect amount of time that it will take for you to get bored and have another bestest idea ever.

+1 image                

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• stragen001stragen001 ReadingMember Posts: 1,720 Uncommon

i'am appalled at the standards of mmo's these days, boring monotonous and repetitve. i have take the time and effort to create my own, i have developers , GDD etc.  so please to my game plan

my mmo is a 3d mafia style mmorpg, players sell drugs, contract killing, robbery(banks,musuems, houses), scams , create gangs - turf wars etc
    this take place over three ctites, 
    the unique feature about this is that the missions are dynamic, no scripted missions whatsoever. when you start you decide if you want to be in a gang or go solo, each gang has their own profession (robbery,drug selling, contract killing etc.. 
    as you level up , you gain contacts- who can give drugs, weapons from the black market, vehicles etc, you also gin friends who can help you on mission and enimies who will attack you when you do missions.
    this is the first emergent narrative mmo that i have seen. you are the story. we have designed thngs in the game to make sure you feel immersed. your allies can get kidknapped and you will have to save them, you can blackmail your enimies into giving you info or weapons, detectives will be watching your every move.. its a great game which i will soon release.

so please tell me what you think

So... you are trying to design Grand Theft Auto the MMO?

PS, if this is a thought exercise or research for a paper or something you should have just said, instead of pretending you are developing an MMO. if you are actually developing an MMO post some screenshots or artwork, character models, storyboards etc to shut everyone up.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Dixon, ILMember Posts: 175 Uncommon

Originally posted by Korgborg

Hey All,
    I was gonna have a few girls over this coming weekend,
    couple of kegs, few bottles of rum, crank out a hit mmo...

Anyone interested?

Spring Break Bikini Contest Line-up

Korgborg, you were at the national butterface finals this year too?!?!?!

Wow Cosmo!

It took Google less than like 3 minutes to index this thread since you posted! 

Google "national butterface finals"

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Dixon, ILMember Posts: 175 Uncommon

Ha!  Sweet.    ™

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Sayre, PAMember Posts: 553 Uncommon

Believe it or not, I read al 12 pages of this thread, and I have to say, sheer hilarious.

But seriously, OP, why is you can not tell us hard facts about this game, like screenshots?  You said it is close to being released, yet no screens?

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• ToferioToferio RandomMember Posts: 1,411 Uncommon
    Originally posted by lifesbrink But seriously, OP, why is you can not tell us hard facts about this game, like screenshots?  You said it is close to being released, yet no screens?

Someone may steal his idea :P

• ShadoGearShadoGear CorbyMember Posts: 46

Hey OP

I'd be very interested in testing this game if you needed people.

When it releases, will it be f2p or sub?

1235»