Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

diablo 3 inferno mode too difficult

Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

vide of inferno gameplay, inferno needs a nerf. not a fun experience

as in this video.

Comments

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Lol, poor blizz can't win...first with all the "its too easy"...now comes the "its too hard"

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

what's the issue? shouldn't it be nearly impossible so that only the best can do it?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

Haven't done Inferno, but in NM/Hell, the big problem for me is that regular mobs are too easy, while the random groups of elite mobs are way too difficult. They need to seriously tone down the elites and give (some) of the random white mobs at least a small buff.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Funny vid hehe

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

people are getting thru inferno. IMO, that makes it too easy. They need another even harder mode where it would be years before anyone even made it to the skeleton king.

Call it the "have you lost your mind?" mode

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

yea few players made it through inferno mode, its INSANE.

the black guy in the video is the barbarian and the white guy in the video is my monk. 2 player mode inferno mode.

• JedricTXJedricTX Member UncommonPosts: 36

If it is too hard, then you're just bad. I fully support a difficulty where not everyone can make it all the way through. It actually means you're a skilled player when you complete Inferno.

.adslot-overlay {position: absolute; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); border: 2px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.65); color: white !important; margin: 0; 2147483647; text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; text-align: left;}.adslot-overlay-iframed {top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0;}.slotname {position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden;}.slotname span {text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-transform: capitalize;}.revenue {position: absolute; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; font-size: 11px; padding: 3px 0 3px 6px; vertial-align: middle; text-align: left; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.45); font-weight: bold; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap;}.revenue .name {color: #ccc;}.revenue .horizontal .metric {display: inline-block; padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .horizontal .name {padding-right: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .metric {display: block; line-height: 1.5em; margin-bottom: 0.5em;}.revenue .vertical .name, .revenue .vertical .value {display: block;}.revenue .square .metric, .revenue .button .metric {display: table-row;}.revenue .square .metric {line-height: 1.5em;}.revenue .square .name, .revenue .square .value, .revenue .button .value {display: table-cell;}.revenue .square .name {padding-right: 1.5em;}.revenue .button .name {display: block; margin-right: 0.5em; width: 1em; overflow: hidden; text-overflow: clip;}.revenue .button .name:first-letter {margin-right: 1.5em;}a.adslot-overlay:hover {border: 2px solid rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}a.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(81,132,210,0.9); background-color: rgba(58,106,173,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover {cursor: not-allowed; border: 2px solid rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .slotname {border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}div.adslot-overlay:hover .revenue {border-top: 1px solid rgba(128,128,128,0.9); background-color: rgba(64,64,64,0.9);}
  • lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

if you'd beat it, it woulda been to easy ;)

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

The people that are "beating Inferno" are the ones skipping the champion mobs, elites, or corpse jumping to progress.  The boss fights are still hard but way easier then the champion/named mob cominations that are encountered.  Inferno is only hard because everyone gets 1-3 shotted.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281

For the people stating skill is the key to success.

Tell me how so? I'm on Hell mode at the moment, and I have every intention of beating nightmare as well. I can understand the difficulty but I see no skill envolved. It really is just grinding gear. Whether you buy it from the AH or you get some very lucky drops, its just getting better gear. There is no skill in that, its just time investment versus reward.

Please do not say its skill beacuse it's really not. There are no bragging rights in this game, and for that matter what are bragging rights anyway a what 0.5 sec glitch in your mind in which you think people outside yourself actually care that you beat the hardest difficulty in the game. I'm making my way through Hell difficulty same as nightmare, same as normal. A few tweaks here and there and I'll do the same to Inferno. And Yes I know inferno is way way harder than the hell so I'm prepared for that, but its not at all a skill based thing.

V/R

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Here's the thing OP..

Diablo is designed to appeal to a broad range of gamers, from the casual to the ultra hardcore.

When you hit the limit of what you can do, that's when you find out how good you are as a player & for some that's just something they will not like, finding out they are not as good as they thought they were.

However, if it means a lot to you, play the game a lot & you will get better over time.

Calling for nerfs is just silly in the context of this game.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

It's not difficult, it just requires a time investment.

Personally I find the varying difficulties a boring design (unless each difficulty actually had different features besides just increased health and damage from the enemies).

• JaylanonyousJaylanonyous Member Posts: 31

the problem is, you cant do it alone. Even if you are really good. If you can, you are using a spec that will be nerfed and fast, wizards for example, or you are using tricks and running through to the end. 

I rather play diablo alone and hated inferno, even when i was playing a wizard pre nerf. It was more of a, how many times will i die, or how many times do i have to reset the instance because this random mob is impossible, for me to progress. I dont mind a difficult game, but making somthing. Invulnarble / run fast / more health / waller is just dumb. Along with the random loot bs.

It's just too random and not worth it

Originally posted by DJJazzy

It's not difficult, it just requires a time investment.

Personally I find the varying difficulties a boring design (unless each difficulty actually had different features besides just increased health and damage from the enemies).

Thank you, while this is a good game. By know means is this skill based. As some have stated it separate who is good versus harcore or really good. No it doesn't it's just time investment. Based on the fact not many things change in this game except damage and increased health. That's not skill, and it does not make you a better gamer as anyone with "time" can get to that same point, your just moving at a faster pace.

• xshorongrxshorongr Member UncommonPosts: 8

If it was broken and impossimble , one of the most succesfull mmo companies in the world wouldnt release it. Some ppl dunno what to hate , u just need to farm good GOOD gear first . Not jump after hell to inferno and say omg its difficult plz nerf noob blizzard, i cant think anyone else except 10 years old kids who think like that really

wdadaw

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

They said over and over you nee dto farm hell mode  to gear up for inferno if you go straight into inferno you will not like the results stop crying man up or go play hello kitty online.

Originally posted by William12

They said over and over you nee dto farm hell mode  to gear up for inferno if you go straight into inferno you will not like the results stop crying man up or go play hello kitty online.

You know I keep hearing different things about this. On the forums people say that hell mode does not drop inferno gear but instead to farm Act 1 Inferno. Which makes a lot of sense.

Still when I finish Hell I'm going to try out Act 1 and see how I feel about it. Honestly I'll probably slow down to a snaisl pace and farm that one Act until I'm significantly satisfied and then move on to Act 2. Around this same time I think I'll level my demon hunter up a bit see how I feel about him.

Im not saying diablo 3 is hard, i just think inferno mode is overtuned. Hell mode is fine, its decently challenging but yea i tried to go from hell mode to inferno mode. And inferno kicked my ass hardcore, no room for error.

Who said anything about diablo 3 being easy thats normal and nightmare mode.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

I think inferno should be what it is...insanely hard.

My only issue is the reports of being shoe-horned into one build.

For instance, im a witch doctor...i chose him for the summons.  In inferno all summoned creatures get one shotted...which is fine i guess only that the entire mechanics behind my character is removed.  So many other skills can be runed to play off my summons ect...would be nice to have that OPTION come inferno.

Ive seen the build that people are using and, while its interesting, i see no point in having such variety in skills and runes if only one works.

Thats just for Witch Doctor, others exist...and i hear melee classes have it rough since even with tanky builds they need to kite...which defeats the purpose of a melee class imo.

I think inferno is fine, just that a few skills need to be tweaked perhaps..then they can add a secret difficulty level after inferno where no one can beat it..just to laugh at people.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

The thing is, inferno isn't difficult.  Instead of requiring more skill and tactics, they just give everything 1 hit capability which yes does make it difficult but not in the right way.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Only 1.9% of the entire playerbase have even unlocked inferno mode. Inferno mode is designed to be extremely taxing on both gear and skill requirements. There is no comparison to be made in anything D2 done to what Inferno represents in D3.

The reason people are finding it difficult is because they have lowered the rate at which we find 'good' items to make up for the fact that we now have access to an easy way to trade items between players rather than joining random games in D2.

Everyone you see 'farming' inferno does the same thing, they stack as much damage as possible and then zerg down whatever they can. Do you see anyone in hardcore farming anything past act 1 in inferno? No, you don't. And the reason for that is that it is difficult and requires you approach it a certain way.

I suggest you read the following blog post that got put out today by Blizzard regarding the progress of D3 so far. Key parts to read are the parts mentioning that most people attempting inferno are severely undergeared compared to what is both possible and expected as well as the part mentioning the intended difficulty and how they are attempting to balance skills in relation to items.

The real benchmark for wether the content is too hard or not is going to lie with the hardcore players, if they are unable to do it then it's too hard. They cannot pay 2 win, they cannot zerg content. It will take them time to gear for it appropriately but by all accounts from those who are in the know (and from my personal experience of inferno content) it is 100% possible to complete in hardcore give the current level of gear that can be obtained.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173/Game_Design_Update-5_28_2012#blog

still too hard, inferno mode gave me a wake up call. I've hit a wall.

the mobs in act 2 will chew you up and spit you out if you make a marginal error. Inferno has no mercy, and drink  upon your QQ tears hardcore.

Difficulty between hell mode and inferno mode is night and day.

hell mode= bull dogs difficulty, Inferno mode= Lions, tigers, leopards, and wild bears mode and wont hesistate to chew you up and spit you out.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597
    @slowpoke68 Diablo games have always been about gear ... Well, and potion spamming.
  • IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Am I the only one who's like "I'm just gonna play Hell"?

Originally posted by Arawulf
    @slowpoke68 Diablo games have always been about gear ... Well, and potion spamming.

DI is most definitely not about gear.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Inferno can definately be done.. but if you expect to run in there, never move and just tank things then you might as well quit. It's hard, definately, but it's not impossible at all. The trick is using that skills that keep you away from enemies (deadly reach on a monk paired with sweeping wind w/firestorm for example) and ones that help you get away faster.

I was actually expecting inferno to be a lot harder than it is after I read all the complaining on the official forums, I'm not owning it by any means but it's doable if you take the time to kite things properly. It's tactics, if you are used to using lazy skills (like Mystic Ally) then you really need to change your tactics.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.