Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could change / improve 1 thing...?

ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73

Just wondering what other people's feelings are on this. Ive seen a lot of complaints, both here and on the official forums about things like the crappy itemization & lack of appropriate statting of equipment (both based on gear type & class, as well as the Legendary and Set items due to random stats).

Personally I'm inclined to agree with the above being 1 of the biggest turn offs for me. So what are your feelings. Wether you like the game but just would like to see an improvement, or you dislike the game but changing something would bring you back to it. If there was 1 thing, big or small, that you could change what would it be?

Comments

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Change so that the "end game" wouldnt point me to the AH...

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

UMM simple answer, get rid of the online single player garbage.

Lolipops !

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

The only thing that kept me from buying D3 was the lack of open pvp.So i guess that is what i would add.

• glimaleiteglimaleite Member Posts: 3

I'd say remove the locked slots at the beggining. It sucks to have to wait 19 lvls to get some versatility, and theres no point at waiting for having more fun in a game.

But thats just me.

• mbolmembolme Member Posts: 48

I would balance the skills and allow significant changes to be made through skill trees, itemization or whatever. The biggest things missing (IMO) are builds. Planning and levelling a new build in D2 was mostly what I did. Javazon, Summon Necro, Freezadin, Trap Assassin - whatever. I was levelling a new one constantly.

That and farming for sets/uniques. But you said one thing. :P

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I would change the always online for single player.  The game has been unplayable for me for about six days now due to latency.  I am located around 220 miles away from the west coast NA servers, yet my latency never goes below 300 during prime time.  I get spikes up to 1000 sometimes.  I've lost a hardcore character to it, was only level 11, but still lol.

What's frustrating is that if I log on at 5 AM PDT, my latency is 50ms.  Log on at 6 PM PDT?  It's 300ms.  I get better latency when connecting to the EU servers. 

As far as the game, I would have to agree that itemization seems a bit sloppy.  Right now for my witchdoctor I use a blue 2h mace because it has high dps and high int.  That's really all that matters for that character.  At least with my experimenting.  BUT, I have not done too much experimenting as it's been tough due to lag.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Option for an offline mode, I dislike being at he mercy of someone's network connection (lag under load) or maintenance schedule in order to play single player for a non-MMO. Basically having the option to create a character that can't group or use any of the online features like AH, stash, PvP, etc but can be played without having to log into battle.net. It's the only issue I have with D3 and there for the only thing I would change and in all honesty it will never happen and one day when D3 is so old that Blizz decides to take the network off line we wont be able to play it. Hell I still load up D1, Baldur's Gate and Daggerfall if they used the same system as D3 I most likely would not be able to play those games today.

Anyways that covers my rant.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

allow offline single player

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

more hours of gameplay like old type of this game (shadowbane,d2,shadowflare etc) wish mean more bigger world and things to do

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    More difficult boss fights with more interesting and complex mechanics.

I understand that they wanted to stop the boss farming, but I don't see how making the bosses super easy stops that.

They could have made the loot system as it is and still had difficult boss fights.

I dot see how they could take everything they have learned from wow raiding and end up with the boss fights that D3 has.

Worst part of the game if you ask me.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Buff legendaries.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Bring back jewels.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Bring back the talent behind Diablo 1 and 2, while firing the current staff.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

get rid of all the simplifying they did..

self regening mana

unlimited town portals etc..

whats with simplifying and easy moding all the games these days?

bleh.

• I'd get rid of the Magic Find stat or rework it so it doesn't interfere with other stats. I think it's a poor mechanic as it makes you choose between having good gear or having a better chance at finding new gear.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Throw out AH and change itemization. (those things are irreversaby connected so it is one thing really)

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

REMOVE ONLINE REQUIREMENT plain and simple, and separate SP and MP characters (well these are two things now but they are pretty tied to another so it still count as one :D)

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

As everything is so heavily dependant on weapon damage, i'd love weapon "tiers" with the same base damage per tier. Having to throw away legendaries because of low damage and pick a no-attribute blue with high DPS is just... unnatural.

Finding rare and extremely rare items should be fun. In D2, when some unique dropped for me, i had a great feeling before identifying it. I want that back when i get a legendary weapon, instead of saying "oh no, not a 2 hander with crap dps and tons of dexterity"...

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Option to play hardcore mode offline. A single lag can be fatal for your char
  • LagozLagoz Member Posts: 92

If I had to choose only one thing I'd go with nerfing inferno.

This would make farming easier so I wouldn't need to constantly sell stuff on the AH and buy the upgrade for my character. It's silly how they got rid of the excitement of finding gear for yourself in D3. The game does function well from normal to A2 inferno but after that farming is just rediciously tedious.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I just want chat lobbys like they had in D2.

And what happened to the duel wielding thing where you could hit the W key to switch between weapons?

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Id agree with a chat lobby, but given how ive seen the "conversation" on the forums perhaps this is better left out.

I wish there was a random dungeon generator option, i know the dungeons already function like this, however, rather than selecting a quest, then going through exploring the open world part locating a short dungeon then finishing the quest, which involes several dungeons and steps...sometimes i just want to log in and go right into a decent sized dungeon.

Perhaps just a menue where you could set the parameters of the dungone (small, medium large, huge) each step guranteeing an addition legendary boss or something, then just select difficulty based on what youve already finished per the campiaign.

This would have the added benefit of being able to quickly do a group run, rather than dropping into someone elses campaign (or having people drop into yours) mid way through.

It will increase replayablility, and give people something to do other than repeating the same few campaign quest while gearing up for inferno.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Bring back the Horadric Cube, the crafting in D3 is crap...akin to overpriced scratch off lottery tickets. I can stand the randomness of the loot you find in the game but the randomness of the crafting is a PITA in relation to the cost in terms of gold and crafting resources. Horadric cube was more fun to experiment with as well. Crafting isn't even really worth it in D3, cheaper to buy stuff off the auction house.

Get rid of the point and click movement..really outdated. C'mon Blizzard I'm a big boy, I can push movement keys, click mouse buttons and hit number keys at the same time. The point and click movement sucks..it always has.

Bring back the option to drop all your crap on death; I'm not interested in Hardcore mode but I wouldn't mind a "not quite carebear" mode where you drop all your crap upon death for those of us that want a bit more challenge and penalty for dying but cannot handle permadeath hehe.

Add in sidequests to tie up all the loose ends dealing with all the npc dialogue and backstory. As long as it took you to make it and the money you knew you would make off it you could have given us some more optional content there Blizzard.

NOT MAKE THE DAMN MALE WIZARD LOOK LIKE A CHICK! (seriously, the actual character looks nothing like his cool samurai/kung fu/ninja portrait in the game. Or just give us s few head options for the hell of it, it isn't that hard to do Blizzard.

Get rid of the damn DRM for single player...it's plain ole stupid.

Oh crap that's 6 things, my bd :P

Ok I'll pick "get rid of the point and click movement"...really don't like it. I would much rather have WASD then point and click...or give the option to play the game with a console controller, this is about the only PC game I actually want to play with a console controller...but I would prefer WASD movement over evreything else.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

More customization from early on in character building.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

IMO i agree with the itemization issue.  I mean lets be honest, yes, there was a small PVP community in diablo 2.  But the reality is the Diablo series (and all ARPGs) for that matter have ALWAYS been about farming loot.  They were games specifically designed for the loot whores in us.

Blizzard once again failed on a primary aspect of a game they released, and failed miserably.

Playing in inferno brings no excitement.  No sense of success when you bring that boss down, and see that legendary or green set item drop and wonder what it is.  Instead its, oh a rare, *maybe* this one will have stats that are useful for my character.

The other beef i have is how gradual the power gains are.  Frankly a legendary should be FUCKING LEGENDARY.  Instead its all of 5% better than a rare, except it might have a TINY amount of some specific stat you can't get on the rare equivalent.  Except, once again because blizzard failed so hard on itemization, the primary stats on the rares FAR outweigh the legendaries proprietary stats.

Honestly, i only picked this up so i had something to play with an old friend who si generally too busy to play Rift anymore.  So i wasnt exactly a fan of blizzard in the first place, but this game just goes to prove what i've been telling people for so long.

Too long on top with no real competition makes you lazy. Blizzard has become lazy, and the worst part is you have droves of nutswingers who will buy their products regardless of the quality of it and not hold them accountable.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche