Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

top 5 pc games of all time

Comments

• oddbat1334oddbat1334 Lockport, NYPosts: 33Member

1 - Morrowind

2 - Baldur's Gate 1&2

3 - Guild Wars

4 - Battle For Middle-Earth 2, with expansion

5 - Unreal 2K4

Honorable Mentions:

Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, Torchlight, Freelancer, Heavily modded Mount & Blade

I can barely justify any of these. I guess I just go for what I enjoy, and not necessarily what's great.

• Dren_UtogiDren_Utogi OuterSpacePosts: 1,714Member Uncommon

1. Half Life

2. Skyrim

3. Total Annihalation

4. Command and Conquer

5. Unreal 1

Runners up

6. Shadowbane

7. DCUO

8. Half Life 2

reviews are !@#$ing stupid. Play what you love.

• ReskaillevReskaillev mechelenPosts: 157Member

1. Nox (2000)

Awesome game made by Westwood. Twas the game that got me into the whole RPG business. Really a gem of it's time and it is a pity most ppl don't know this game! Rich story and lore, really fun Hack n' Slash combat and a insane array of spells you could learn.

2.The Witcher 2: Assasins of Kings (2011)

What can I say about this game that hasn't already been said? The graphics are fantastic, the story is epic and it's just a perfect game all things considered. For me this really is the RPG of the century...

3. Quake 4 (2005)

The first FPS where I finally got the immersion and adrenaline that I needed from a shooter. Older games like half-life and Unreal tournament defined the genre, but Quake 4 perfected it. In this one I finally got the feeling of being in a real war. Graphics were nice as well for it's time!

4. Rayman 2: The Great Escape (1999)

I played this game to dead when I was a kid... beautiful level design, nice art direction, fun to play, challenging (but albeit not too difficult). Truly a masterpiece! Good replay value as well (when I was a kid :p)

5. Soulbringer (2000)

Another game I played to dead when I was a kid. Graphics were horrible but combat mechanics and story were really good. This game was just a really nice example of to make a good immersive RPG.

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• stragen001stragen001 ReadingPosts: 1,720Member

1) UFO Enemy Unknown

2) Deus Ex

3) Colonization

4) Freelancer

5) Half Life

I still play UFO Enemy Unknown to this day, and cant wait for the remake to be released ~ October 2012. I bought a 486 JUST to be able to play this game when it came out....LOL

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• MorvMorv Royal Oak, MIPosts: 331Member

1. Planescape: Torment

2. Baldur's Gates

3. Ultima Online

4. BioShock

5. Skyrim

This is tough to do so I included three older games that I loved and two newer ones, but Planescape:Torment will always have a place in my heart. Ah, the days of Morte the floating, talking skull... and of course waking up in the morgue.

Originally posted by I_Return

1. Half Life

2. Skyrim

3. Total Annihalation

4. Command and Conquer

5. Unreal 1

Runners up

6. Shadowbane

7. DCUO

8. Half Life 2

Total Annihilation was one of my favorites too back in the day, the original TA.

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Magic carpet
    Freespace 2
    Half life 2
    Dungeon keeper
    Daoc
    Originally posted by Brenelael
    Originally posted by pierth

If you go by popularity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PC

I wouldn't put too much stock in that list as it seems to be whacked. Hell Skyrim alone sold more than 10 million units by December 31st, 2011 and it isn't even listed. Doesn't seem to acurate to me just like most of Wikipedia.

Bren

It's Wikipedia, it's almost guranteed to be inaccurate, it's a good place to start though, and Skyrim is the first RPG to beat out FPS's in 15 years, and the two top selling FPS's at that and at the same time, Modern Warfare and Battlefield.

Originally posted by Z3R01

Deus Ex

Half-Life 2

Planescape: Torment

Morrowind

Syndicate 

Other amazing games:

Doom II, Starcraft series, Diablo , System shock, BG2, Witcher, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Freespace 2, Dungeon Keeper 2, Fallout 1&2, Farcry.

Hell i can go on and on. PC gaming is amazing.

Planescape:Torment is incredible! I was hoping to see someone else here post it. I posted mine before I read yours :D

Originally posted by Vidir

Oh.. I forgot to mention Planescape tourmrent,fantastic game.

I love it, that's at least three mentions of this game in the first two pages :D

• 1carcarah11carcarah1 Rio de JaneiroPosts: 172Member

1- Master of Magic

2- XCOM: UFO Defense

3- Portal series

4- World of Warcraft [ CC old pvt server]

5- Diablo

Originally posted by 1carcarah1

1- Master of Magic

3- Portal series

5- Diablo

Masters of Magic! AMAZING game! World spells, spells that could affect cities and landscape! We need an MMORPG like that! oh WOW would that be awesome.

• itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,714Member Uncommon

pc games only?  hmm that leaves out some great console rpg but lemme think.

top 5

5- eve online- its brilliance lies in its being a world to inhabit rather than a game to play.

4- civilization IV - imho the best one in the series of great strategy games.

3- diablo 2 (with expansion) - i was in my first year of college when it came out and it really helped me.. er, miss a lot of class :)

2 - everquest 1- for me the first mmo and the only game ever that i have played for 12 hours nonstop.

1- half life 2- simply the greatest of its genre ever and what i consider to be the benchmark of a well made game.

(honourable mention to portal series and to world of warcraft)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• BladestromBladestrom edinburghPosts: 4,946Member Uncommon

Who can resist a top 5 question :)

1. WOW : Brought mmorg to the masses including myself, offered a real world that felt solid and alive (at least for a while)

2. CIV4, As good now as it was on day 1.  Still the most wonderfully complex resource mgmt game to date.

3. Baldurs gate.  defining RPG game, closely followed by Planescape, but Baldur was the daddy.

4. Doom.   brought FPS alive with Genuine 'oh shit' moments when you hear the roar of hundreds of demons spawning behind you.

5 Morrowind.  amazing atmospheric open ended world with endless modding possiblities. At the time the freedom was unbelievable.

If I could have a 6, it would be one of the early Might and Magic series :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• NierroNierro Palo Alto, CAPosts: 1,755Member

In no particular order:

1: WoW pre-Wrath: I've spent more time playing WoW than any other game in my lifetime. It was pure magic pre-BC, and BC was very fun as well. I made tons of friends playing WoW and have fond memories with them as well as with real life friends I played alongside. Shame the game has progressively become worse over time.

2: DAoC: My first MMO. This game makes me so nostalgic for the good ol' days of PC games. Amazing PvP, music, atmosphere, and classes. Best gaming community I'd ever played with.

3: BF2: Probably the second most played game in my lifetime. Best multiplayer FPS I've ever played, huge battles, and many fond memories playing with friends and friends I made during the game.

4: D2: Best atmosphere and music of any game I've played. Great story, combat, and PvP back in the day.

5: Half-life 2: Best story-driven single player FPS I've played to this date. Very innovative with an engrossing story.

Honorable mentions: Mount and Blade: Warband and Arma II with the Day Z mod. Currently servers are pretty unreliable and I have performance issues, but this is one of the most unique and profound experiences I've had with any video game.

• DuvandDuvand LondonPosts: 33Member

Top 5 PC Games of all time are (taking into account the time they were released):

Shooting:

1.  Elite

2.  Doom 2

3.  Halflife

4.  Halflife 2

5.  Portal

MMORPG:

1.  Dark age of Camelot (the only MMO where I actually read every quest)

2.  WOW

3.  Guild Wars

4.  Lord of the Rings

5.  City of Heros

RPG:

1.  Baldurs Gate

2.  Knights of the old Republic

3.  Elder Scrolls Oblivion

4.  Fallout 3

5.  Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Strategy:

1.  Command and Conquer

2.  Civilization

3.  Warcraft

4.  Total war

5.  Starcraft

Overall top 5:

1. Elite

2. Halflife

3. WOW

4. Command and Conquer

5.  Elder Scrolls

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes vlaardingenPosts: 119Member

5.Soldiers of Fortune 2 FPS

4.Age of Empires 2 RTS

3.Vampire masquerade bloodlines RPG

2.Arma 2-DAYZ MOD FPS

But still my best PC game

1.Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind RPG

Best MMORPG - Darkfall MMO

Waiting for Guild Wars 2 MMO

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• ShankenstienShankenstien CoventryPosts: 13Member

5. Broken Sword

4. Original Syndicate

3. DoTA

2. Total War

1. WoW because It's what I invested the most hours in and to me thats testament to which game is best for me.

WoW, LoTRO, AoC, DCU, EvE, RoM, Champions, Bloodline Champions, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Fallen Earth, SWTOR, EQ2, Guild Wars

• 1carcarah11carcarah1 Rio de JaneiroPosts: 172Member
    Originally posted by Morv
    Originally posted by 1carcarah1

1- Master of Magic

3- Portal series

5- Diablo

Masters of Magic! AMAZING game! World spells, spells that could affect cities and landscape! We need an MMORPG like that! oh WOW would that be awesome.

I still play this game, lol. Even though its very unbalanced and buggy that game is one of the greatest games I've ever played.

But thinking more about this list... I think I would change the CC WoW to the top of my list. lol

• KertKert Hinton, ABPosts: 69Member

5. Star Trek: Armada - was a solid RTS, and once you added in the modding factor... was even better

4. Star Wars: Jedi Knight/Jedi Outcast - FPS force powers, and stormtrooper dismemberment... yep sums it up.

3. Sim City 3000 - was simply addicitive

2. SWG pre-CU - was my first MMO, and only one I've ever played that I consistantly played everyday.

1. Civilization 2 - the original game was the best, then the numerous expansions made it better.

• VladamyreVladamyre South Shore, KYPosts: 225Member

1. Dark Age of Camelot.

2. There is nothing else that even came close to DAoC.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member

for me its

1) nwn1

2)baldurs gate 2 shadows

3)clive barkers undying

4)vanguard

5)lotro

there not everyones cup of tea but i've enjoyed many an hour on all of the above.

• MrkuikenMrkuiken HengeloPosts: 18Member Uncommon
    1. Final Fantasy 7 (Kinda supriced that none has this in his top 5(even though i played it on the Playstation it came out on the PC as well), Best RPG in my eye's the Story is amazing)
    2. Everquest 1 (Best mmorpg and end game, played 11 years)
    3. Half-Life
    4. Comand & Conquer 1
    5. Warcraft 2

• SeventeenSeventeen AthensPosts: 8Member

I only play rpgs so ...

pc rpgs: 5. Fallout

4. Morrowind

3. Baldur's Gate 1

2.Neverwinter Nights

1. Planescape Torment

pc mmorpgs: 5. Ultima

4. Lotro