Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Nest: Guild PvP Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

One of the most interesting features in Dragon Nest is the Guild PvP system. We managed to catch up with Alden Paguia to talk about just that and about the general state of the game. Read on!

MMORPG: Dragon Nest continues to be successful among players; can you give us a state of the game?  

Alden Paguia: The game is garnering a lot of excitement thanks to our new updates and we’re seeing overwhelmingly positive reactions from our players.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Dragon Nest: Guild PvP Interview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

This is an amazing game especially if you like PvP although the PvE gets repetitive. Such a sleeper hit.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I was actually really enjoying the game, but you run out of PvE content pretty quickly. I'm the other way around as compared to first poster, I found the PvP repetitive. Although, it is quite fun at first even for me, someone whose not that big a PvPer. Plus there are gear rewards, even though ironically gear can be turned off for PvP. But still a great way to level and get gear should you decide to PvE later.

Still, I abandoned the game for now. I'll keep an eye on it, but I don't see myself going back until they at at least 50 cap + Loli.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• CallyxisCallyxis Member Posts: 1

I'm rather disappointed with the game's current state, I don't intend to be the "cold-water"on the interviewee's statements, but on the contrary the game has lost some appeal whereas content(most notably PvE) is concerned. So much so, it is at the point where quite a few players have stopped playing until the release of said content.

Quite a few have supposedly "quit", so as to not immerse themselves in the repetitiveness of the game's current content. 

The Guild Rumble at this point in time is actually quite nice, but not enough to keep players riveted.For new players beginning; the task of leveling has taken a toll because of the lack of gameplay interests, as it is; it is the older players that make/maintain the economy,allure and character of the game and with my above statements you can see where(or how) this is a problem.

That is all I have to say concerning this interview.

• Apple2001Apple2001 Member Posts: 1

Why is MMORPG posting Fabricated Interview?

Alden Paguila is a scam artist and a liar.    

Players have been dwindling for months starting from the Server Merging in the early month this year. 2 Servers were combined into 1 from 4 into 2 so you can have 8 characters if you happen to have characters on 2 linked-servers. It will still show 4 servers but linked merged servers will have exact same pairedBusy/Normal status.

Players have been dwindling even more that it appears even more dead than situation of single server before merge. Be honest and show your CCU. Please do not fabricate it like what you (Alden) did on this interview.

Nexon tried to fabricate Guild v. Guild player activity by throwing Guild v Guild event with reward. But, the response has been negative. Many voiced that they wouldn't bothered. The event itself was so ambiguous that the requirement was changed. Nexon own forum shows that players response exactly the opposite of what Alden claimed. The practice of altering contest and event AND news content the last minute without communicating the change to players is common with NEXON Dragon Nest.

For the love of god, there is nothing wrong with having some PR on future update, but please do not lie to try to sell your game and to hide and cover up the turd in your closet. There are many Regional version of Dragon Nest, NA Dragon Nest hosted by Nexon is the one and only one that is in its dying bed and with many problems.

Blatant lie and huge discrepance regarding Dragon Nest has happened a number of times on MMORPG site. Many players thought you interviewed a staff who belonged to different region version of Dragon Nest. It's that extreme.

MMORPG please be more careful with the person or company you are interviewing who sprut blatant lie. As players we have been visiting and trusting your sites for our MMO and gaming needs. Please be more wary as we still want to place our trust in you and continue to be your patron for years to come.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

the real situation was that Nexon gave these guys the impression that we were hyped about all this--and I say this with really big and thick quotation marks--"great" content.

And lo, the poor saps here at mmorpg bought it hook, line and sinker...sad...

hallo ~_~

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if you want a fun game to play along side a more deep game you're paying for, this might be the one for you.

i can't ever play it for more than a week at a clip, but i keep finding myself loggin in for a few days in a row, i like the humor and lighthearted nature.  the pvp is ok not great not too bad and pve if you're doing a group i found very fun.

along with atlantica this is probably one of nexon's better games.

imho

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158

i've stopped playing after my account got hacked and they did nothing about it