Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The Roccat Savu Gaming Mouse Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As part of our ongoing commitment to bring our readers reviews of both hardware and peripherals, we take on the Roccat Savu Gaming Mouse. See how it performs and stacks up to the competition.

The Roccat Savu mid-size hybrid gaming mouse is a good example of a high quality product that falls short in very important areas. I tested the mouse out on a quad-core Windows 7 (64 bit) and a Windows 7 (32 bit) system. Here’s how it breaks down, and why you might want to hold out for a redesign on this one.

Read more of Arden Bartlett's The Roccat Savu Gaming Mouse Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104

Thanks for a good review. I am in the market for a new gaming mouse and this makes the search alittle easier.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Thanks for the review. Very relevant to MMO players unlike some other hardware reviews on this site. 

Detailed and to the point, and not sugar coated like some we see. I am looking for a gaming mouse at the moment and this WAS on my list.... not any more though

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Arden works with me on my day job at the VA Hospital in Cleveland.  Dude knows his stuff!  I couldn't believe it when he told me that he and his wife both had the same comfort issues.

I personally love my Razer Naga, and see no need to look for something new anytime soon after this.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Good review, I love my naga as well but I was hoping to hear a good review
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Good review.

I'm glad I stocked up on 5 Microsoft X8's when amazon had them at 70% off a couple of year ago.  I love that mouse and even with buying 5 I'm still on number 1 of the 5.

• capncavemancapncaveman Member Posts: 1

Thanks for the review,I'll stick with my Spawn

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

Razer naga is the best all round mouse I have ever owned, thinking of getting the wireless version for my laptop.

• rrplayrrplay Member Posts: 1

Thanks for the honest open review , ..I'll stick with my CM Spawn mouse too.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

logitech's g9x is still the best gaming mouse on the market. everything else is either too simple with not enough features, or too convoluted. g9x is just right. ive stopped buying mice from Razer, as they're built cheap and malfunction in some way in a year or less. mind you, their mechanical keyboard is amazing. while some of you swear by your Naga, many report problems with it after about a year of use.

anyway, g9x all the way.

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

I have the Roccat Kone and on the face of it, it is a good mouse but there are two things you should consider because they are probably the same with this mouse.

1) The software sucks, you will end up rebooting your PC multiple times in order to get the drivers (on W7 x64 anyway) to work and the app is slow and buggy.

2) Windows does not recognise it at all without drivers. So if you are installing your system from scratch make sure you have a standard mouse to hand, cos your Roccat mouse is gonna be dead until after your OS is up and running.

It's a shame about the drivers and stuff, I have owned Razer mice before and they work straight off the bat as standard mice even without any drivers so it puts me off buying another Roccat mouse tbh.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by sonoggi

logitech's g9x is still the best gaming mouse on the market. everything else is either too simple with not enough features, or too convoluted. g9x is just right. ive stopped buying mice from Razer, as they're built cheap and malfunction in some way in a year or less. mind you, their mechanical keyboard is amazing. while some of you swear by your Naga, many report problems with it after about a year of use.

anyway, g9x all the way.

I haven't used the g9x. I used to game with logitech mice. I've owned 2 and they are both still working fine. I have a friend that bought the mx518 when it was brand new. He games constantly and the mouse is still functioning fine. The bottom has been polished into a smooth finish from so much use. No joke, that mouse has endured more than 20,000 hours of use and zero problems. Logitech builds good mice.

I switched to the Razer Naga for the buttons and only recently started having the "double-click" issue. I setup the driver software to macro the left-click to have a 25ms delay and boom, problem gone.If more problems pop up for the mouse I might be in the market to switch back to Logitech.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

In a time when I started to lose all hope of objectivity at mmorpg.com, I finally see a review that is negative.

Not that I know the product, I just apreciate that it's POSSIBLE to be negative.

Thank you mmorpg.com, hope to look at you like back in the days.

• VindictusVindictus Member UncommonPosts: 49

Razer Naga is the king of mice.

• Xin1Xin1 Member Posts: 34

Razer Naga is indeed the best one out there. I couldn't play without it anymore.

On the other hand i bought the Razer Orichi for my laptop and that was a complete fail.

• dracualdracual Member Posts: 6
    i have this mouse and i dont have an issue with it causing me pain. it works fine for hours on end. My 1 issue is the material where ur fingers goes has rubbed off leaving a smooth surface