Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roll Call: What's Your Faction Gonna Be?

Now that we know the 3 factions: Daggerfall Covenant, Ebonheart Pact, and Aldmeri Dominion, and we've had a chance to learn about each faction, and their playable races, which faction will you play for?

Just a quick recap, or for those who don't know yet:

Daggerfall Covenant-

Races: Bretons, Orcs, Redguard

Provinces: High Rock, and Hammerfell

Ebonheart Pact-

Races: Dunmer (Dark Elves), Nords, Argonians

Provinces: Morrowind, Skyrim, and Black Marsh

Aldmeri Dominion-

Races: Altmeri (High Elves), Bosmer (Wood Elves), and Khajiit

Provinces: Elsweyr, Valenwood, and The Summerset Isles

Personally, I see certain advantages and disadvantages to each faction already. Though Zenimax said they're moving away from the Holy Trinity (Tank/Healer/Damage), I think some factions will be better suited than others at certain roles.

The most well-rounded faction seems to be the Ebonheart Pact, because they have Nords to Tank, Dark Elves for casting and/or stealth, and Argonians for stealth as well. The other two factions seem to be lacking in certain areas.

For example, the Daggerfall Covenant has a couple of great races for Tanks, (Orcs & Redgaurd),  and they have a great race for casters (Bretons), but are certainly somewhat lacking in the Rogue department. The Aldmeri Dominion, on the other hand, has probably the best Caster (High Elf), and possibly the best Rogue (Wood Elves)  (certainly the best archers), but is lacking in the Tank department, since the Khajiit seems to be their best option for a Tank.

What do you think?

Personally, I plan on joining the Aldmeri Dominion, for various reasons. I like to play Mage/Rogue classes, so having both the High Elf and Wood Elf is a big plus for me. Also just like Elves in general. Also, I like the forresty, green terrain, that sounds like it will be prevelant in these territories. Particularly looking forward to seeing what's on the Summerset Isles, and what the great tree-cities in Valenwood look like. But that's just me... :)

Who's side are you on? ;)

Comments

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Qalzekz

Who's side are you on? ;)

I'm on the side of ES fans...

I won't be playing/paying for the next "clone" just because it has ES on the box.

If they want my money, they can make an MMO true to the gameplay the franchise provides (after all, that is why fans of the franchise buy the games in the first place....)

Since they do not appear to be doing that... the company can go suck it.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

I usually play Argonian in the previous games, but their alliance backstory doesn't fit my moral compass, so I'll probably end up  playing a Breton.  I would have liked to try the Bosmer as well, but that alliance backstory doesn't appeal to me with their whole iron grip dominion motiff.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

Ill stick with Guildwars 2 until i see that this game has a decent and fun gameplay.

If that happens and this game has no subscription fee i would probably play both.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I'm on the faction not touching this game with a 10 foot pole until 6 months after launch. I'm jaded and anymore the same old slog is not enough. They want my money? They'd better innovate. And I'm sure as hell still not preordering.
  • Bizmah7Bizmah7 Member Posts: 5

I'm gonna play any race that starts in an area we've never been to in a previous game. Probably khajiit or argonian. Elves aren't really my thing. I don't really care about factions at this point.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Who's side are you on? ;){C}{C}{C}

I won't be playing/paying for the next "clone" just because it has ES on the box.

If they want my money, they can make an MMO true to the gameplay the franchise provides (after all, that is why fans of the franchise buy the games in the first place....)

Hey, we're on the same faction!

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by busdriver

Who's side are you on? ;){C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}

Hey, we're on the same faction!

I have a feeling this faction will outnumber all the others combined

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Which ever one redguards and orcs are in. Definetly no elves.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Errr.... there are no tanks or agro rules in TESO
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

The money firmly in wallet faction. At least until a LOT more info about the game comes out.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Who's side are you on? ;){C}{C}{C}

^^This

I will be boycotting the game if it releases as it has been currently described. They are not releasing an Elder Scrolls MMO, they are releasing a poor WOW clone with the Elder Scrolls name. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Yeah add me to the "This is never going to work, this abortion should never see the light of day" Faction. On the plus side though I promise this will be both the first and last time you ever have to suffer my opinion of the "game".

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

If I even play the game, my faction will depend on the look of the character models.

One of the human races.  Nord or Breton are two likely candidates.

• BLazerulesBLazerules Member Posts: 1

None. Because the factions don't make sense lore wise.

Argonians hate Dunmer for the slave trade? They wouldn't ally each other.

Khajiit weren't part of the Aldmeri Dominion. Neither the first one, nor the second one. On that note, pretty sure the first Aldmeri Dominion wasn't around at that point in the timeline.

Orsinium was sacked by Bretons and Redguards. Old wounds. Why would they work together? It would make sense if they fought eachother.

Well this IS being made by ZeniMax Online and not bethesda, sadly it shows with the factions, battle system, graphical style etc. On another note I would be Nord, if I will play this game...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I decide by race. Preferrably Dark Elf.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Who's side are you on? ;){C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}{C}

Amazing to me how people will play so much childish crap in the industry, and then here comes an mmorpg that (a) has the courage and vision to be three factions instead of the clone of 2 or a guild vs guild only mindset (b) has the courage to create different classes and races per faction, and they bash it to hell.

This variation of the commercial norm that players outside of Dark Age of Camelot have been spoon fed has literally retarded the industry, and apparently ^^ many consumers who should never suddenly be so "purist" in regards to something that will obviously be so groundbreaking.

Finally, we have a company that will build on what Mythic's forgotten enterprise once started.  Let the naysayers play the endless offerings of cash shop asian titles and childish broken lore mmorpgs that permeate the market. 

I trully cannot wait for this first in the industry since 2001's Dark Age of Camelot release which has not to this day inspired so much as a single title to emulate due to its political complexity and in depth fantasy offering.

Aldmeri Dominion:  Wood Elf.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263

I would join the Ebonheart faction, but I don't know how in the world an argonian could be the king of Tamriel. The night elves would not approve lore wise lol

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Not sure yet have to look at what are offered with the faction/races. Probably a human race though not sure of the faction yet.

I hope they do something cool with the crafting. I'm confident that the PvP will be great from what they are telling us sounds good.

Those that say the lore doesnt match with the previous series, go read and research the game. It is set 1000 years before the series started so this isnt a game based of the present lore.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by Elikal

Same, but Bosmer, so Aldmeri.

I always digged pew pew wood elfs.

But yeah, that's provided it ends up being a game which tempts me to play it. I.e. not the cookie cutter themepark it seems to become.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by DarkPony
    Originally posted by Elikal

Same, but Bosmer, so Aldmeri.

I always digged pew pew wood elfs.

But yeah, that's provided it ends up being a game which tempts me to play it. I.e. not the cookie cutter themepark it seems to become.

I would like Bosmer as second, but somehow the Aldmeri are too racistic and snobbish. Ok, guess taking arrogant slaver Dark Elves, what do I know, lol. Somehow the Aldmeri Dominion didn't get charm points from my playing Skyrim. And Altmer usually treat Bosmer as lowlife usually. Oh my. Though I guess nothing will play any role in such a themepark MMO anyway. I can run as Sith Pureblood Jedi in SWTOR and no NPC ever says anything. *shrug*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Im probably going to pass on this game. The age of Themeparks is over I think.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

Boethiah, im  plotting against this aberration.

• iXamXpirateiXamXpirate Member Posts: 1
    Khajiit...all the way...always have been and always will be. Also anyone that is turned off from the all mighty Dominion because of skyrim remember that the thalmor werent the leaders of the first aldmeri dominion. the thalmor are merely out of control radicals and shouldnt reprsent the dominion as a whole. And while altmers are generally asses...i agree and like queen ayrenn
  • BlackcatZeroBlackcatZero Member UncommonPosts: 58
    this Ebonheart pact  because of Dark Elves (Dummer) but depends on how they look in game.
This discussion has been closed.